Profile changes are not saved

Home Board Index » Website problems or errors » Profile changes are not saved

X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hi,

Yesterday I added a signature to my profile page. When I posted today I noticed that no signature was added to my post. I navigated to my 'update profile' page and the signature field was empty. It remains empty, when I enter a text and save the changes and return to my profile afterwards. The same seems to be the case, when I want to change the time zone and the country (i.e. the changes are not saved).

The answer to life, the universe and everything: 42!
...or was it 23? Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

thanks for telling me, the problem should be fixed now. please let me know if its all working now Smile

It was caused by me changing a few pages in the user pages, such as 'My home' which I hope is a bit more tidier.

X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thank you. It works now.

...or was it 23? Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

no problem. How does 'My Home' look now? I made some changes to make it a bit tidier the other day.

X2-Illuminatus

X2-Illuminatus avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

It looks good, whereby it also did this before. The progress bar towards a new level seems to be missing now though.

...or was it 23? Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

yea I removed it as it didnt seem to fit any-more. I just retried it and it looks a little messy to be honest.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey Roguey. I just tried to change my sig to add in links to both my DiDs, but I'm being told it's too long when I try to save it, even though the text box is telling me there are 14 characters left in the field?

Not a massive issue, but I thought I'd let you know. Cheers in advance mate Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmmm.. I think it should be fixed now. The reason was is that it was counting the number of letters after the special letters are converted to HTML codes. This was making them longer, and hence going over the character limit.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have ran into a problem saveing my setting for my accout also. It wont save the type of font i want.

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I have ran into a problem saveing my setting for my accout also. It wont save the type of font i want.
- caffeeine

I thought that too, but it does actually save. It appears to be used for when you make comments on news and blogs, not for the forum.

caffeeine

caffeeine avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ahh i see ok

A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Well it was something I created awhile back (selecting of font), however it kind-of made the forum a bit more messy: seeing 5 or 6 different font styles.

You need to log-in to post here.