Home Board Index » Gaming » XBox One/360 » The possibilities of a new XBox site

The possibilities of a new XBox site

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

Seeing as two of you have xbox's (and seem interested in the chat) im wondering how much you would like a site for it? As you know I can code the site, host it and get google to scan it. However I am a little bit worried as I wont be able to update the site, as I dont have a 360 myself.

The idea I would suggest for the site is something like PS3, were advice/tips and updates are posted - trying to trial big sites will struggle I think.

However doing such a site, would mean you guys would have to think about doing for the long-haul if possible. I would help out where I can of course ie., links from the other sites ( always help with google), forum space, user login system etc.

The site could be called anything you like and designed by you. All I really need is one template page that I can install the code into. The only downside is that my code needs to be running the site and it need to be hosted off the main domain (xyz.roguey.co.uk)... ooh, and the ads.. Although is that really a down-side? ie. you dont need to write any php/mysql or worry about hosting/domain name. Just posting content to it.

I could even look into sharing the stats for that site, as google analytics would be running. So you would see where people are coming from etc.

Anyway, the ball's in your court now. Just thought id see what you guys think before doing anything major Smile

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian

like and designed by you. All I really need is one template page that I can install the code into. The only downside is that my code needs to be running the site and it need to be hosted off the main domain (xyz.roguey.co.uk)... ooh, and the ads.. Although is that really a down-side? ie. you dont need to write any php/mysql or worry about hosting/domain name. Just posting content to it.

I can actually search for templates and then do some design or codding changes on it, since bozo64r likes signature designing if he want he can make the logo and choose a name for the site. And I will later update the site as much as I can when it's finished. Smile
However I'm still waiting for bozo64r's response Smile

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

I did think bozor might be good for design/images as he was keen on signature designing. It maybe a good chance for him to use his skills.

I do have access to another server which maybe useful for you to test / design stuff. I could easily give ftp access there. After your happy with site, I could move the site to here then install my code to get it working. The code here should be powerful enough to do pretty much anything like without having to edit the code directly. If its not, then I can probably code it in.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian

I don't have a problem at all I can use that on my server I can make a separate site for testing if you like and give you all access to it, but it's all your choice mate Smile

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

Sounds like a good idea m8, just need bozo64r's input now and see what he thinks. Then I can get around to shifting tables/code to fit in another site.

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!

Perfection Smile I would happily make images... etc. So yes certainly have my full input. Although I know squat when it comes to web coding..... so I will have to leave all that to you :P

I will draw up some ideas in my head and put them into 'Forum friendly' language Smile

On the thought of bandwidth, how much space do you actually have available?

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

sounds good, so your willing to post news to the site? news could be anything from updates, to tips/advice, even reviews.

Tiger said about using some space on his site to build a template, so can then transfer the site here. Here I can add my code, so you dont need to worry about code. I will optimise the site once on here.

So, you guys need to think of title, a subdomain name ie. [site].roguey.co.uk, what type of news layout you want (ie. like the ps3 site, or like ammo or even like the main index) and what sort-of information you like to add. Are you wanting to post news on any game? or focus on some? reviews? tips? guides?

as for bandwidth/space, what were you thinking would require? are you thinking of posting lots of images or something (ie. using loads)? space/bandwidth should be fine here. All the sites here normally uses around 33%.

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!

x360.roguey
xbox.roguey
360.roguey
xbox360.roguey

One of them??

And the top could just be Roguey's Xbox Site!

and what sort-of information you like to add. Are you wanting to post news on any game? or focus on some? reviews? tips? guides?
- Roguey

Defiantly, I have a lot of ideas for that sort of thing, guides, reviews etc......

With bandwidth we probably won't use much I was wondering weather you have enough space to make a new site.

Edit: An idea for font it is the xbox font...
http://www.dafont.com/x360.font?text=Roguey%27s+XBOX+Site

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

hi m8,

well you dont need to call it Rogueys Xbox Site, you can call it anything you like. However if both you wish to call it that, then that's fine - in some ways makes it easier for me. Just thought encase you feel it passes credit to me, for the content you post there. If that makes sense.

As for space/bandwidth, there shouldnt be any problems. The X3/X3TC sites get anywhere from 200-600 a day without any problems. So unless this site gets 1000's a day, then everything should be fine. As you know my code is usually light, so its fast and optimized. However if things got that busy, then I would ask to upgrade the hosting package anyway. The next package offer 3 times as much - I do intend to scale to demand. Why stop hosting the site when it gets busy? No good having zero viewers.

As for the site, Its really in your hands. You can design anything you like, as long you dont simply copy 'n paste another site. I know you (bozor) like graphics, so I though it maybe a good opportunity to use your graphical skills.Tiger has offered space to develop a template which will be useful.

As for posting content, ill code it so it wont be much different than the forum (ie. use UBB code). Code wise may take awhile - depending on what's required. However with a design done ill have more of a idea of what to code. You can then tell me what you would like and how you want it to work. If you want/know other people who want to help, that shouldnt be a problem either.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian

well you dont need to call it Rogueys Xbox Site, you can call it anything you like. However if both you wish to call it that, then thats fine - in some ways makes it easier for me. Just thought encase you feel it passes credit to me, for the content you post there. If that makes sense.
- Roguey

I'd like to be "Roguey's Xbox Site" as well Smile

As for the site, Its really in your hands. You can design anything you like, as long you dont simply copy n paste another site. I know you (bozor) like graphics, so I though it maybe a good opportunity to use your graphical skills.Tiger has offered space to develop a template which will be useful.
- Roguey

Just before we start I have two domains, an old co.cc, and my .net domain we can make the site as a sub of those two for the test if you'd like I can also host another domain only for the template tests, like .tk or co.cc, I know that they won't be indexed by search engines but it doesn't matter it's just for test, so what do you choose? and how much space do you want?

As for posting content, ill code it so it wont be much different than the forum (ie. use UBB code).
- Roguey

Why don't you call it "RBB" codes as the whole site has been codded and designed by you Roguey? Wink

By the way what kind of templates do you think it could work out with your codes Roguey?

@bozo64r how can I send you the details like the ftp access?

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

Id like to be "Rogueys Xbox Site" as well Smile
- The White tiger

Okay then Smile Domain name wise its better to have keyword in the path. So xbox360 would be best. This would also stop any conflicts if later a xbox720 was made for example.

Just before we start I have two domains, an old co.cc, and my .net domain we can make the site as a sub of those two for the test if youd like I can also host another domain only for the template tests, like .tk or co.cc, I know that they wont be indexed by search engines but it doesnt matter its just for test, so what do you choose? and how much space do you want?
- The White tiger

I would say the best thing (seeing as its temp site) is to make a folder on your webserver and give ftp access to that. That way you wont need to change any sub-domains etc. I also have access to another server that I could easily give you both access to. If this makes it easier for you. If so, ill do it and email you both the details.

Why dont you call it "RBB" codes as the whole site has been codded and designed by you Roguey? Wink
- The White tiger

lol, nice idea although UBB is a standard like HTML. If i called it RBB code it may lead to some confusion. Oh, and sounds like start to take over the world Leave

By the way what kind of templates do you think it could work out with your codes Roguey?
- The White tiger

My code should work with any design really, the only sort-of fixed item is the login area at the top. This could be placed anywhere, however the contents cant be moved around, as its a generic include to all sites. Just if your design could include it. An advert would need to fit into the design, however there's a lot of choices with that.

I am very interested to see your designs, and will give it as much support as possible.

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!

I can give graphics but not web designs. So I will leave that to Tiger.

@Tiger: If you give me dimensions, I will create images.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian

I would say the best thing (seeing as its temp site) is to make a folder on your webserver and give ftp access to that. That way you wont need to change any sub-domains etc. I also have access to another server that I could easily give you both access to. If this makes it easier for you. If so, ill do it and email you both the details.
- Roguey

Roguey, I have no problem in giving a subdomain or creating one it takes less than 3 minutes to do, so what do you say co.cc or .net, however I recommend the co.cc as it's bw is 0 and never used for months now, so what do you say Roguey? if anything happened I can transfer them easily to the other place Wink

I can give graphics but not web designs. So I will leave that to Tiger.
- bozo64r

No problemo, I'll look for some templates and once I found some interesting ones I'll toss them to you guys and you get to choose, after the choice is made, we can upload it and you can start adding your designing touches bozo64r Smile

Posted 8 years ago.
bozo64r

User Badge
Ech mesh!

Sweet... I start throwing some ideas together.

Posted 8 years ago.
Roguey

User Badge
Admin of tree's

@snow Which ever name you feel is best m8, its up to you.

This will be interesting to see what you guys come up with.

[update] The PS3 site code/tables has been shifted into _console, with the prefix ps3_ This makes way for the xbox site. If you find any page of the ps3 site not working, let me know.

Posted 8 years ago.
TheWhiteTiger

User Badge
Ammo's Guardian

I found this site it has some interesting gaming templates that you should take a look at, I was looking for green ones considering it's an XBOX site, but do you think that is a must though?

For the current time I have found those two and I'll update the list with more when/if I found interesting ones:

1. http://www.clantemplates.com/templates/cc3:tiberiumwars_emission/
2. http://www.clantemplates.com/templates/callofduty4_callofbeauty/

So what do you think?

« Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next »

You need to log-in to post here.