Login   ·   Register   ·   Account help   ·   Privacy policy   ·   Contact

Scripting help  

« Previous | Pages 1 | Next »

Forum Index » X Universe » X3: Reunion

caffeeine Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
I am trying to make a script to scan all the astroids in the x3 uni i hvae used roguey's Make sats loop script and i can get it to scan all the roids in one sector but when i reload the game i have to do it all over again i need help makeing one that will do it for the whole uni and keep it that way
A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
Well if you want the script to run every time a game is loaded, then you could rename the script:

setup.<name>

However this will be ran every-time someone loads in a game. If you want the script to just run once, then you could check/set a global variable. I think these two commands are found in the generic list of commands.

caffeeine Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
im looking for more allong the lines of as an exsample makeing a ship you run it once and its there i think i came close last ngiht be cuase when i ran the script the game would freez unfreez and all the roids in the uni would be scanned but again when i reloaded i had to do it again
A question that has puzzled me for my whole 24 years of life. If a word is in the dictonary is mispelled how do we know?
Roguey Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
if you reloaded but didnt save, then you would have to re-scan. Im not too sure what you were saying to be honest Confused
caffeeine Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
ok will run the script it will scan the roids in the sector i will save both when i dock and threw the menue. But when i reload they are not scanned any more i have to do it all over again
Roguey Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
Hmmm, that is strange. Usually anything you do in the universe is saved, when you make a save.
caffeeine Level badge

Posted 6 years ago.
yeah i figured out the problem. Even tho i was useing a script the scan the roids my ship wasing doing it witch in turn was causeing a nother script not to run and makeing it to where i never used the script at all now im trying to figure out if the scanner uses a spcial script or what to make it more perminant
You need to log-in to post here.
Please log-in, then refresh this page.

« Previous | Pages 1 | Next »