Final fury

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Final fury

Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

Went ufjd jumping had fun lot of sectors looked neat but did not explore much. Noticed that did not use manny ecells, guess that was part of the benfit of that drive. Just got a message from a guy about some sort of decae wanting to destroy a trading station. was not wanting to do that plot yet, now need a fast zep. with a couple of fighters and my xshuttle and go jumping might need some help from here. Seen the plot guide and i know somw of the stuff I need ,but 350 mil not got that in the bank yet. thanks

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

No Puppy, anything left in those sectors ceases to exist as soon as you jump out.
- Kirlack

Even 9 lives won't save Schrodinger's cat here, eh. It'd be plenty mad, ceasing to exist without even so much as a quantum event.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Went ufjd jumping had fun lot of sectors looked neat but did not explore much.
- Scott

Supposedly you can find special ships and crates, but it does seem like a big empty area most of the time. I think ego want you to explore like 200km area - which isnt fun.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Even 9 lives won't save Schrodinger's cat here, eh. It'd be plenty mad, ceasing to exist without even so much as a quantum event.
- PuppyOfWar

LMFAO! :p

Supposedly you can find special ships and crates, but it does seem like a big empty area most of the time. I think ego want you to explore like 200km area - which isnt fun.
- Roguey

The special crates are only in AP Roguey, and the only special ship to be found in those sectors is the Goner Aran.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

You cant you find Energy cells in Unknown space? I did say special ships and crates (not special crates).

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

The goner aran is in one of these sectors?Iwas wondering how.to get.the.aran

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

The goner aran is in one of these sectors?Iwas wondering how.to get.the.aran
- Scott

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

You cant you find Energy cells in Unknown space? I did say special ships and crates (not special crates).
- Roguey

Ah, my bad, I mis-read that. Yes you can find ECells (usually 200+ at a time) in the UFJD sectors. I've never found anything else though, which is a missed opportunity on Ego's part I think. Would have been cool if you could find some rare weapons, PALCs, Plasma Beam Cannons etc.

Its dangerous to go alone, take this.
- Seygantte

That's a good general guide, but it's for AP (noted by the fact that Roguey lists M6 as carrying 8 mercs, not possible in TC). To get the Aran in TC you will need to take an M7M with 15-20 decent mercs. I know from painful experience that an M6 with only 5 marines is impossible to cap the Aran (at least after the 2.1 patch). I found one once, whilst in my Hyperion...in the end I had to leave it behind and jump back to the known universe.

There are a number of ways to spot the Aran if it's spawned in the sector, one of the most popular is to take an advanced satellite with you and use the remote viewing to look at the sector. The Aran is so big it'll show up. They won't spawn in sectors that spawn broken gates, or with Xenon/Khaak stations.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

went aran hunting last night.Found lot of ecells,xneon,others no aran.Had my titian,only thing I haveonther then tps that hold lot of marnies,now Ijnow better. Iam looking for the ecafe now in uknow sectors.,is there away tofind out about the names of the sector I can buy what they have in them?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@Kirlack

I know it's not a perfect guide for TC. It does have the most important piece of information though, which is how to target the Aran for boarding in the first place. That's the part most people would struggle with if not guided.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Fair comment Seygantte, I just wanted to point it out in case anyone reading it thought there was something wrong with their game if they couldn't take 8 marines on their M6. You're quite right though, targeting the Aran is the thing that snags most people.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thsnks for the info on the aran. Finshed new home plot last night. Suduku kicked my butt,finallu got it.Nowsome guy on a split shipyard wants 333 mil credits for a sector, for me. Good news almost halfway done with the teldiumon the hub plot. Iam stockplieing ore cystals and mirco chips. Silcone is building up also.

Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Will I be able start sending ore to the hub or do I have ti wait till I am done with the tekdium?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm still doing the HUB mission.
You can place a "limited" amount of Ore and Silicone and other stuff, on the HUB station, but not in the quantities needed to meet the requirements of the Plot.

You can only off-load the "needed" items/minerals in the high quantities needed when they are requested. Meaning you can't put a lot of Crystals and Ore and Silicone, and the other stuff on the HUB station, before your new best friend needs them.

Now is the time to gather/find/make/steal the additional items needed to complete this Plot.
I have a large number of Super, Super XL freighters, and TL's in my fleet that are stockpiling Ore and Silicone and other stuff, so it won't take me so long to gather up what's needed when the request comes in.

I don't have enough storage space to fill the needs right away...but I will have a good head start.
From everything I've read, meeting the needs of the HUB Plot is very time consuming...as you are finding out.
The only "short cut" would be to have Complexes (to make/mine) and freighters (to stockpile) a head of time.

LOL...the short answer..No, you can't start sending large amounts of Ore and other stuff a head of time.
The HUB station can only "store" 4000 Teladianium, 5000 Ore, 1250 Silicon, and 250 Microchips.
As you can see, not nearly enough to meet the needs of the Plot requirements.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just had a thought specifically for silicon storage in the hub plot, I think the most cost effective method to stash all that silicon might be in L silicon mines (800-900K each terran or teladi, stores 1040 silicon (18720 cargo spaces worth). Fill by adding to a complex, or leave it separate and just drop off a full load of ecells - or ship in the silicon. After it's done, the separate mines could just be destroyed, removing low yield asteroids from the game as well. In a big crystal or chip complex, those will add even more storage for the silicon.

Yes, you'd still have to move it, but the freighters that held the teladianium, ore, and crystals ought to handle the job. It also means I'm likely to mine every last silicon rock in barren shores, among other places.

« 1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.