Final fury

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Final fury

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

There is something that I didn't know until I checked after your post, Yeni, and that is that Mines from different races can store various amounts of Silicon. I wish I kept track of which one's that I have used for each Complex but I have Silicon Mines (L) in my Complexes that are holding 2080, 3120 or 4160 units of Silicon...per Mine.
OR they store different amounts depending on the 'yield' of the asteroid they are built on.
OR the difference is because of the Complex they are part of.
I'm not sure what factor(s) determine "storage" capacity but I'm leaning towards what race they are bought from.
I'm sure someone has the reason and will let us know.
I don't believe that the listed "cargo space" relates to the "storage space" for stuff that is produced.

The HUB plot requires 400,000 Silicon. Each unit of Silicon takes up 18 'spaces' in the cargo hold. That's 7,200,000 of station and/or ship cargo space in total.

You could always move those low yield Mines and add them to a Complex(s) once you've finished this part of the HUB plot. To me, it's just a waste to destroy a working Station/Mine when it can be put to use.
Or you could just supply it/them with the energy cells and open them up to other races to buy the Silicon they produce.

As for moving the "stuff" to the HUB, I place Equipment Docks in the sectors with my Complexes and Mines. Freighters collect the "stuff" and then transfer it to a TL docked at the Equipment Dock. Since the HUB itself can only dock one ship at a time, moving the "stuff" by TL makes the most sense to me.

I just completed the Teladianium part of the HUB plot. On to the Ore requirements.
Most of my Complexes are not opened to other races for trade and they are now "maxed out" in their production. I will be using the Ore, Silicon, and Crystals from these Complexes to help me finish this plot.

It's not what someone has done..it's about what they are about to do!
Scott

Scott avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have been ufjding. i noticed that ecells are no longer showing up any idea why ??also I have not seen the aran, been told it is big enough to be seen,but I have have not . what am I missing?

yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

There is something that I didnt know until I checked after your post, Yeni, and that is that Mines from different races can store various amounts of Silicon. I wish I kept track of which ones that I have used for each Complex but I have Silicon Mines (L) in my Complexes that are holding 2080, 3120 or 4160 units of Silicon...per Mine.

OR the difference is because of the Complex they are part of.
- cjm3fl

have you checked for the storage of the crystal fabs and other silicon factories in your calculations? that might be the difference as well.
I'll keep an eye out for yield differences when i use all the silicon in Rhonkar's Might (64, 26, and 6...)

You could always move those low yield Mines and add them to a Complex(s) once youve finished this part of the HUB plot. To me, its just a waste to destroy a working Station/Mine when it can be put to use.
- cjm3fl

Sometimes, it's better for your computer's framerate to get rid of those very low yield asteroids - and the only way to destroy one permanently (no respawning) is to put a mine on it and destroy the mine. If that's not an issue, then use it for sure!

As for moving the "stuff" to the HUB, I place Equipment Docks in the sectors with my Complexes and Mines. Freighters collect the "stuff" and then transfer it to a TL docked at the Equipment Dock. Since the HUB itself can only dock one ship at a time, moving the "stuff" by TL makes the most sense to me.
- cjm3fl

good idea, i had been thinking to either use a pair of SF XL, both dropping off with CLS 2, so one can gather more stuff while the other unloads - or to use a freighter to unload working off a TL, so i can load to the TL without undocking from the hub

no, Scott, i'm not ignoring you, but all i know about the UFJD sectors is that they are random - there might be help in this thread on the Ego forums too, but as it's 46 pages long i didn't read it all.. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=240841

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

@Scott: The UFJD sectors are completely random. There's no guarantee of finding ECells, or an Aran, or even enemies! About the only thing I can think of that you will definitely find are at least a couple of asteroids. I certainly can't recall ever landing in an UFJD sector and not finding rocks.

As for finidng the Aran...people have jumped over 100 times looking for it and not found it, so don't be disheartened. They have been reported to show up over 100km from the centre of the sector, in any direction, so you need to look pretty hard. Drop an Advanced Satellite when you arrive, open your sector map and press 'k'. You should now have a top down, slightly greyed out version of the sector map open. All objects in the sector can be seen from that, although you might have to zoom in a bit for the smaller ones. Using this view is the single easiest way to find the Aran that I know of. And as I said further up, they won't spawn in a sector that has a broken gate or enemy station in. Somone on the ES froum mentioned that the Aran is the last thing to be added to the sector as it loads, so if your rig takes a couple seconds longer to load the sector, chances are you've hit one.

@cjm3fl & Yeni: I've just looked on Xadrian, which is usually good for numbers with stations. Xadrian says that all L sized Silicon mines hold 1040 units as max capacity, regardless of race, yield or complex. M sized hold 416. But I know from experience that each mine added to a complex adds that much extra storage space.

For instance, my Crystal 'plex in Barren Shores.

37x Silicon Mine L - 1040 capacity each = 38480
27x Crystal Fab L - 1040 capacity each = 28080
1x Crystal Fab M - 416 cpacity

Total - 66976 units, or 1,205,568 freight volume

That's what I see when I look at a complex, the total it can hold, not the values for each individual mine, although I can see the production cycles for each mine.

I'm probably waffling now, but the intention was to help, I swear! Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Scott

Scott avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Thanks again for the info. I belive youcan get more then1ship. to dockat the hub? I did dock my herc.there once..Got many shipsfull of ore silcone and cystals waiting.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Drop an Advanced Satellite when you arrive, open your sector map and press k. You should now have a top down, slightly greyed out version of the sector map open. All objects in the sector can be seen from that, although you might have to zoom in a bit for the smaller ones. Using this view is the single easiest way to find the Aran that I know of.
- Kirlack

I've had this game for years. How did I not know this until now?! Still, I still think that the good old Mk1 Eyeball is easier. Zoom in with the goggles and spin in circles while using the numpad. Works for me.

And as I said further up, they wont spawn in a sector that has a broken gate or enemy station in.
- Kirlack

Are you sure about that? It may be different in this game though I don't see why, but in AP I capped my Aran in a sector with a Xenon Station.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
yeni

yeni avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

@cjm3fl & Yeni: I've just looked on Xadrian, which is usually good for numbers with stations. Xadrian says that all L sized Silicon mines hold 1040 units as max capacity, regardless of race, yield or complex. M sized hold 416. But I know from experience that each mine added to a complex adds that much extra storage space.
- Kirlack

I use Xadrian also (i'm an incurable planner for the economic parts of games) , and i had noticed some racial differences in factories (CIG, wasp, MD ammo, plus others - some races build more in one longer cycle, but at the same overall rate), but it said all races silicon stores were the same - i'd have been disappointed to find out it wasn't 100% correct! Thanks for the help Wink

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ive had this game for years. How did I not know this until now?! Still, I still think that the good old Mk1 Eyeball is easier. Zoom in with the goggles and spin in circles while using the numpad. Works for me.
- Seygantte

I know how that feels. It took me 3 years or so of playing TC to discover that little feature. Now I use that method to build super tight complexes Wink

Are you sure about that? It may be different in this game though I dont see why, but in AP I capped my Aran in a sector with a Xenon Station.
- Seygantte

I'm working from what I know about TC, I don't have AP yet so I don't know if that's any different. The not spawning conditions have been well documented by players on the ES boards. Since I know Scott plays TC I figured it was pertinent Smile

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

For instance, my Crystal 'plex in Barren Shores.

37x Silicon Mine L - 1040 capacity each = 38480
27x Crystal Fab L - 1040 capacity each = 28080
1x Crystal Fab M - 416 cpacity

Total - 66976 units, or 1,205,568 freight volume

That's what I see when I look at a complex, the total it can hold, not the values for each individual mine, although I can see the production cycles for each mine.
- Kirlack

Here's some of what is going on with a few of my Complexes that have only one Silicon Mine.
Check out the Silicon production and storage capacity in the following:

Picture

Picture

Picture

If you check some of the other production numbers, you will see that there are different (higher) storage capacity then any of the guides that I've seen state that they should be.
The first photo shows a Complex with 4 Crystal Plants -1 L and 3 M.
Total storage capacity for Crystals is 13,652.

I'm running 'vanilla' TC with only patches up to 3.1.1
No packs, script, mods.

Since the differences I'm seeing are different, in the positive direction, I'm not complaining.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

The reason for the seemingly higher storage capacity in your first example cjm3fl, is your XL SPP. Player owned SPP use crystals as their only primary resource. Having looked in Xadrian again I can see that with 3x Crystal Fab M and 1x Crystal Fab L + your XL SPP that 13652 is correct.

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Let me see if I have this down...I've taken my (prescribed) medications and I'm a tad bit slower then normal :p

A Station/Mine attached as a 'resource' provider in a Complex can hold/store higher amounts then they can as a "stand-alone" facility...?

Here's where I get a little more lost...
In the first posted photo, which is a Chip production Complex...there are 4 Chip Plants.
All the Chip Plants listed in this site's guide shows they have 16,000 storage space.
The 4 Chip Plants in this Complex have a max of 160 Microchips that can be stored--160/4= 40 each. Microchips take up only 4 cargo spaces.
According to the guide...4 x 16,000 should = 64,000 in storage. 64,000/4 should = 16,000 Chips.

In my head, most of the storage space on Stations/Complexes is probably used for resource storage.
And it seems that when Stations are added to Complexes, the "Complexing" itself adds additional storage space to the Complex as a whole.

Back to the Silicon storage thing....If being part of a Complex increases the storage capacity of Silicon Mines, what explains the different storage numbers shown in the 3 photos?
Does the total number of Stations that are part of the Complex have anything to do with this difference?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Let me see if I have this down...Ive taken my (prescribed) medications and Im a tad bit slower then normal :p A Station/Mine attached as a resource provider in a Complex can hold/store higher amounts then they can as a "stand-alone" facility...?
- cjm3fl

No worries, I would have elaborated more on my last post, but I had to dash out to pick up my kid from school Wink

Each station or mine you add to a complex adds it's own storage capacity to that complex. There is no 'bonus' for having factories/mines as part of a complex. Each station, stand-alone or as part of a complex, has the same values.

Now, I've not read the guide on this site regarding complexing as I've got quite a bit of experience myself, so I'm not 100% sure where you're confusion lies, but here's what I know. Individual chip plants can hold up to 40 Microchips @ 2 units of cargo space each, for a total of 80 cargo space. Cargo space only really applies when on a ship though, not whilst in a station/complex.

According to Xadrian, Boron Chip Plants can hold:

5000 Energy Cells
832 Bofu
208 Silicon Wafers
40 Microchips

All other races versions of the Chip Plant have the same values, except for food which varies. Teladi and Argon versions for instance, both hold 3332 of either Meatsteaks or Nostrop. What should happen then, is that those factories use the same percentage of their resources for each production cycle. If a Boron plant were to use 208 Bofu per cycle, you would expect an Argon or Teladi plant to use 833, both working out at 25% of the max capacity. Those aren't the actual numbers used per cycle, but it makes it easier to illustrate my point.

In my head, most of the storage space on Stations/Complexes is probably used for resource storage.
- cjm3fl

Stations don't have a pre-defined cargo capacity like ships do. They can hold up to X amount of each resource they require, plus X amount of finished products. I think this is what's causing you confusion with the whole 16000 thing. Not sure where that came from.

Back to the Silicon storage thing....If being part of a Complex increases the storage capacity of Silicon Mines, what explains the different storage numbers shown in the 3 photos? Does the total number of Stations that are part of the Complex have anything to do with this difference?
- cjm3fl

Ok. In your first pic you have a complex with 4 chip plants, 1 L silicon Mine, 3 M Crystal fabs and 1 L Crystal fab. Your total silicon capacity for the complex is listed as 4160. Breaking this down we get:

Silicon Mine L: 1040
Crystal Fab L: 1040
Crystal Fab M: 416 (x3) - 1248
Chip Plant: 208 (x4) - 832

All of which totals up to your 4160.

Your second picture shows a complex with 1 Crystal Fab L and one Silicon Mine L. Both of those @ 1040 gives your total for the complex of 2080.

Your third pic shows a complex with 2 Crystal Fab L and one Silicon Mine L. Those three factories @ 1040 gives your total of 3120, which your complex already shows. Make sense?

cjm3fl

cjm3fl avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

OK...got it. Dance

Individual station storage of 'finished' produces and 'resources' add up to give the full storage capacity of a Complex!

Stand-alone station capacity is not just for 'finished' products but is broken down to also include 'resources'!

Thank you very much for breaking it down as you did, Kirland.
Much easier to understand.

Beer

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Banana skipping rope Beer You're welcome! Big grin Glad I could be of help

« 1 2 3 4

You need to log-in to post here.