What are the chances of "Rebirth"

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » What are the chances of "Rebirth"

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Roguey any thoughts on that SC site? If you gave in-detail ship specs

Well SC does have some ship information on their site, although I dont think its the easiest to read in its current form (here).

I am thinking about creating a more open ship-section than my x-sites (atm, the x-ship pages arent really editable). What im thinking of is a system that staff members can edit/add ships to the site. This should be better than before, and easier to update. Should that people wanna help.

Let that be example how even die hard fans of Ego are moving towards SC. Everyday more and more people turn towards SC.

I think rebirth being so quiet has allowed someone else to take the limelight. Hopefully ego havnt lost too many people can bring them back with a mad-flow of news (depending its good-news of course). Although the longer they leave it, the harder it will be for them.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Fallent wrote:
Is the game expected a Q2/Q3/Q4 release? Has the worst happened and it's possibly been pushed into 2014?

CBJ said: I think it's pretty safe to say that it won't be out in Q2; if it were going to be then we would hopefully be generating more noise about it by now. Beyond that I've nothing new to say on the subject.

Sadly we got at least another three months until release then Exp Cuss Angry Bash the wall Go nuts

Btw I love your smileys Roguey Wink

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Fallent, do yourself a favor. Log off the ES forums. Go to RSI website and register. Donate $35 and secure your copy of Star Citizen.

Never look back, it is refreshing. Egosoft lost my money.

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

Now that CBJ has confirmed Rebirth is actually nowhere near completion I am BarrenEarth. I'm done with checking for updates, more annoyed and just fed up really. Going to sign up for SC and get on board with their hype train Big grin

Don't get me wrong, I'm still gonna buy Rebirth when it finally releases but through waiting and checking for it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@Barren I guess you mean this post by CBJ:

I think it's pretty safe to say that it won't be out in Q2; if it were going to be then we would hopefully be generating more noise about it by now. Beyond that I've nothing new to say on the subject.
- CBJ

I guess Q3 isnt that far away now anyway, just a few months. Although like you said, its just more waiting, which will probably not held anything.

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

IMO: we will not see Rebrith on our PCs this year.

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Go to RSI website and register. Donate $35 and secure your copy of Star Citizen.
- BarrenEarth

Where did you get $35 from? isnt it $40 for Digital Mercenary pack?

ps. ive just got that, so I should have the main game and alpha/beta access.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Roguey, I am sorry. You used to have to add-on the alpha access early on, but now he included it for all packages. $30 gets you a basic package now.

The bigger packages comes with some nicely promised stuff.

And yes Jaml, I have a free copy of Star Citizen that says Rebirth will not be out in 2013.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Roguey, I am sorry. You used to have to add-on the alpha access early on, but now he included it for all packages. $30 gets you a basic package now.

Oh, on the star citizen site it says that the basic pack: digital scout comes just with the game, no alpha/beta access. Its the next package up (for $40) which includes alpha/beta access - the digital mercenary. That's the copy I went for - for the little extra, you gain alpha/beta access, plus an little longer insurance.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I know they changed it before, And I think Chris said he was going to reward everyone that bought before a certain date with the access. I have the $110 thing and I donated to the kickstarter a while ago.

Anyways, I will start moneyline bets at -175 for a Q3 2013 release of Rebirth... any takers? any? Oct 1st is the Push... anyone? LOL

Didn't think so.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think the reason rebirth is taking so long is they are rebuilding most, if not all, of the game, and the X universe is MASSIVE! I have a hunch, and there's nothing to back it up, I think X rebirth will have planetside activities, and there will be space between sectors to explore, sort of like in Freelancer. On top of that, they'll most likely be introducing more ships, different station setups, and hopefully fixing the God awful autopilot/AI.

I got a little off point, the idea is that the X3 universe is pretty big and it's about to get bigger, I'm not quite sure how big SC's world is, but I get the feeling it's a little more on a local setting, think Sim City compared to The Sims, that's how I see it so far. Rebirth fan

Either way, both will be spectacular to see, and I can't wait!

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

well unfortunately thats all we can do; wait. After a year or two, people do get frustrated. Maybe will be big, although based on 32bit code, its going to be limited to 2/3gb of ram.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think the reason rebirth is taking so long is they are rebuilding most, if not all, of the game, and the X universe is MASSIVE! I have a hunch, and there's nothing to back it up, I think X rebirth will have planetside activities, and there will be space between sectors to explore, sort of like in Freelancer. On top of that, they'll most likely be introducing more ships, different station setups, and hopefully fixing the God awful autopilot/AI.

I got a little off point, the idea is that the X3 universe is pretty big and it's about to get bigger, I'm not quite sure how big SC's world is, but I get the feeling it's a little more on a local setting, think Sim City compared to The Sims, that's how I see it so far.

Either way, both will be spectacular to see, and I can't wait!
- ThornandSpec

Chris has said he wants to take the Privateer universe and make it several times larger. Which will mean it is at least 3 or 4 times larger than all the X games combined. We would be talking 100 systems with at least 4 sectors a piece and each sector having several planets, moons and asteroid belts in it each.

Also it has been stated over and over again by ES that there is stuff on planets but we will not be able to interact with them except to make ourselves a human fireball.

I appreciate the fan based support for Rebirth but I am pretty sure it is going to disappoint almost everyone of the loyal fans out there. I am so sure I think I would put good money on it.

ThornandSpec

ThornandSpec avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Chris has said he wants to take the Privateer universe and make it several times larger. Which will mean it is at least 3 or 4 times larger than all the X games combined. We would be talking 100 systems with at least 4 sectors a piece and each sector having several planets, moons and asteroid belts in it each.

Also it has been stated over and over again by ES that there is stuff on planets but we will not be able to interact with them except to make ourselves a human fireball.

I appreciate the fan based support for Rebirth but I am pretty sure it is going to disappoint almost everyone of the loyal fans out there. I am so sure I think I would put good money on it.
- BarrenEarth

The only issue with Star Citizen that I see so far is that if it's that big, and it's running on the cry3 engine then only higher end gaming computers will be running it, unless I am mistaken. Someone I know originally told me about SC and how they would be spending $1000 on a new computer that would just barely be capable of running it. Sad
If it needs a gaming computer to be running it then that will exclude a number of people interested in it, and if X rebirth runs with similar requirements to their current games then it should be more widely excepted simply because of that. I KNOW it won't run on my current machine, lol

Also, I think X rebirth will open the galaxy much more, in X3AP they were introducing the space highway system, and since it has "prelude" in the name, I would assume that they will be opening up different solar systems. Albion alone had three sectors, and the Terran zone had more. I think that every sector will soon be similar to this, except instead of the orbital accelerators they will all be interconnected, and have the highway to go back and forth on too.

Not to piss on the name of SC at all, but I think that the Alpha and Beta will be around quite a while if the SC universe is that big, that just sounds like years worth of work, unless I missed some more information and they HAVE been working on it for years, especially if they're taking full advantage of the Cry3 engine.

Either way, Star Citizen WILL be way better, more personal too, plus internet play, though I personally was sad when single player games started disappearing from the market Undecided

If my mission goal was pissing off the entire ATF fleet, then consider it a success!
jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

The only issue with Star Citizen that I see so far is that if it's that big, and it's running on the cry3 engine then only higher end gaming computers will be running it, unless I am mistaken. Someone I know originally told me about SC and how they would be spending $1000 on a new computer that would just barely be capable of running it.

Exacly, SC will run on CE3, and if you turn details to lower, Im sure you will be able to play it. Beside that X3:AP code is old and we already know that new Egosoft game Rebirth will not use any advantage of new tech. Here is other side. I have really nice PC and I want any game I run to take every little thing to max. I know Rebirth will be unable to. And more, on my highend PC in AP FPS sometimes is - crap Cry

You can play Star Citizen is 3 different modes:
- Official Network Server (multiplayer)
- Unoficial Server (multiplayer)
- Local (single player) same as X3:Ap now

Also, I think X rebirth will open the galaxy much more, in X3AP they were introducing the space highway system, and since it has "prelude" in the name, I would assume that they will be opening up different solar systems.

Whatever Egosoft will do in X:Rebirth, thay are already about 1000 light years behind Star Citizen. Here are some expls:
- Players can land on planets (walk,talk,take missions,rapair,buy...) In X universe Planets = Background
- Physics, well there is no physics in X:U, Egosoft said there will be some feautures in Rebirth... but in SC everything is about scale and physics
- Universe - scale, details, space anomalies, physics, almost unlimited numer of ships (bonus of modifications and customization)
Well, there is too much info (and projects, pre-art, info, movies etc...)

When I started this post and pool, i voted "Im not sure...", but at this point I can say that Im 101% sure that Rebirth will never have a chance with Star Citizen. And its Egosoft fault! What are they doing now (LOL) they just released 3.0v AP - what for? Maby they have too much free time and not enough "to do" things with Rebirth? Its sad but what they are doing now is killing their own baby. And we see this proces for some time... They should change the name from "Rebirth" to "Requiem".

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.