What are the chances of "Rebirth"

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » What are the chances of "Rebirth"

jaml

jaml avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

I've been reading posts about Cockpit, DX 9...11 32/64bit... in upcoming Rebirth here on forum. I summarized some facts about Rebirth, and other great game that is upcoming. I mean Star Citizen.

Here is my short summary:
Rebirth:
- lack of info!
- lack of release date
- no DX 11 support
- no 64 bit code
- from what I have seen so far - ingame graphics is "only" good
- Egosoft suddenly began to rush (well, from my (our) previous experiences i think it's not a good sign - bugs!)
- Egosoft still don't want to cooperate with players, recipients of their game

SC:
- tons of infos, interviews, screenshots, concept art...
- full info about release date
- full DX 11 support (with announcent: if there be new DX, engine etc... there will be support for it!)
- full 64bit code support with multi- core/cpu usage
- optimisation for SLI / X-Fire
- grapthics, work progress etc:
see for yourself:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/motion-capture-behaviour-visit/

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/tyrol-tyrolv-haven01.jpg

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/introducing-your-rsi-space-suit/

...these are only few examples
- "what players have to say...": the forum is raised to red heat! And more, game designers are constantly talking with them...

Do Rebirth stand a chance in "space battle" with SC?

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Its nice to see someone else create a poll - atleast I know it works Big grin

has for the battle between the two games, well I put dunno simply because egosoft havnt really told us much about Rebirth. Egosoft do have the history of space-games, but they havnt got the amount of people working on it like Star Citizen.

I guess its a bit like david (egosoft) vs. goliath (robert space industries).

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I like "pool" thing Smile thanx Roguey! Roguey supporter

I vote "probably NO", I agree that is david vs. goliath fight, but Egosoft could walk the same way. If they just be a bit more "friendly" to players... I cant talk for everyone but I would gladly "pledge" my self to Rebirth. I think they will lose this fight on their own wish.. (sry for my english)

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me...
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Did you want me to post news on the Rebirth site, and see what people think?

ps. the polls are open to registered and non-registered members.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

To be honest Im confused. Egosoft give us a bit (possible the smallest one) of info about the game. And it is a good thing. But there is so much unknowns... and also not 'good' things - like outdated engine.

But Sure, You can post it on Rebirth site Smile Im curious about it, and even more about how X fans will answer - becouse its hard to be objectively in our side.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Its nice to see someone else create a poll - atleast I know it works

has for the battle between the two games, well I put dunno simply because egosoft havnt really told us much about Rebirth. Egosoft do have the history of space-games, but they havnt got the amount of people working on it like Star Citizen.

I guess its a bit like david (egosoft) vs. goliath (robert space industries).
- Roguey

Roguey, I thought Egosoft had a team of 20 and almost all of them were working on Rebirth... Chris Roberts just recently increased his staff from 6 to 20.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Roguey, I thought Egosoft had a team of 20 and almost all of them were working on Rebirth... Chris Roberts just recently increased his staff from 6 to 20.

Oh... wow. They must be doing some great work then - I thought they had a bigger team than egosoft. I really need to look into it more!

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Well granted they bought their CRE3 engine for graphics so they didn't have to work on that themselves. Still, Egosoft started with credit and cash and a background story with seasoned programmers...

Chris Roberts kinda came out of retirement and movie making and started a new company with his personal savings, some friends and a dream. The Kickstarter did the rest.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

FYI I was informed through my rather hefty pledge account that SC is now expected to be on my hard drive for Alpha testing before Q4 2013. If it gets out of Alpha and Beta in 6 months... it will probably be released before Rebirth.

Also, Chris Roberts is buying/making his own Motion Capture studio next week instead of renting cinematic time from a 3rd party... he is promising awesome movies and continued added cinematic content. Nice knowing ya Egosoft LOL

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

gz on the alpha testing. Did it take a large pledge to be able to test SC?

ps. would there be any chance you could post a couple of things to a SC site (if I do make it)? like some pictures/info?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

I can post what is available to members and subscribers. The Alpha/Beta pre-access was only like $65 or something. Also gives you better updates, a nice ship, some starting cash and insurance. For the $110 you get a game map a book, ship upgrades. Also everyone that has purchased a higher donation is supposed to get some surprise at game launch.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

To be honest now I'm feeling like I'm more waiting for SC than Rebirth to come.
Here is what I discovered about Star Citizen so far (differences between X:Rb & SC):

Primo: Space will be much more alive! I've read about Police / Pirates / Smugling etc, There will be much more factions of pirates: Pirates, Smuglers, Assasins etc... And those "base" factions are divided in smaller: ie: Smuglers - Standard Smuglers, Shadow Informations Brokers, Spies, Slavers... Most of factions are organised in groups that have their specific goals...

Besides of space structures (factories, space ports, shipyerds...) there will be living breathing plantes on which we can land! (in X world planets = background!)

Secondo: Much more advanced space-fight simutation. INCLUDING PHYSICS!!! Times like I have more and bigger ships = I always win, are going to oblivion. Ever single ship is unique, equipment that is installed on it affect everything form chances of detection, thrue speed, maneuverability, weapons power (...) to inside / outside look! Almost everything can be personalized! Its the best answer to question "How many ships types are in SC" = almost unlimited! Under this circumstances, pilot (player = we) can do / be everything: explorer, policeman, smugler, slaver, trader, pirate, security agent (advokacy agent), commander...

Not only ships... - strategy.
For many of us (x-fans) the best part of play space sim are boarding operations. Star Citizen gives us that but more advanced... RSI / CGI anounced a number of space suits that SC will provide. From standard suits that give player some protection vs radiation and oxygen to breath to heavy military suits which are used by boarding marines. So player will need more than click BUY MARINE / TRAIN... but to provide special equipment so boarding crew can do their job.

I encourage every space sim fan to look at RSI web...

http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Check the announces (news) in "COM-LINK" and see realy active forum. How designers are cooperate with future players Smile

PS.
@Roguey
I think adding Star Citizen to Your site will be a huge bonus for all space sims fans!

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

To be honest now I'm feeling like I'm more waiting for SC than Rebirth to come.

Well im also doing some research on SC. The more I know, the better it at sounds so far. What ive found out:

- Single player and online modes (online you can form guilds, and work together; we could have rogueys guild),
- Physics is much better, with real thrusters which can get damaged (and effect the ship),
- Every expanding universe (with bi-weekly updates),
- Be able to swap ships (no silly 1 player ship),
- based on crysis 3 engine (32/64bit / DX 11),
- Walk inside larger ships (finally in a space-sim),
- Fans will be able to build their own ships (and sell them to other players),

Unless anything comes up really bad, I cant see why it cant beat rebirth (although we just dont know much about rebirth).

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Exacly my point.
I don't say that X-Rebirth will be bad or boring or etc... I'm sure Egosoft will try to make it as good as it can be. But here problems starts. Outdated engine = no future, no graphics / overall performance bonuses. A step back in evolution which is only one ship for players. Constant lack of good infos about progres, feautures and all that things that players are interested in about Rebirth (RELEASE DATE!). Gods from Egosoft knows everything best, simple - gray mortals (players) are all time wrong about everything, and their prayers will not be answered. They make Rebirth becouse they need profitss.

I'm not sure that Star Citizen will be success. But now they have an oportunity to shape a totaly new future - a far jump (not only one step) in space sim history. Very good engine = great performance and outstanding graphics (yes - IMO we have taste of it here now - just look at ingame art, movies, blueprints). News are flying to us - some say too much and too fast! They share with players every moment they can, to answer questions, showing concepts, and what is the most important they listening what we have to say! And what is truly like a dream: They make Star Citizen becouse of vision, faith in high end PC space sim, becouse they don't agree that future of games is social/mobile/console only! They know that PC have potencial to be best gaming platform. One more thing, CGI (Cloud Games Imperium) have Chris Roberts - a pioneer in space sims, designer of Wing Commander series, Priveteer and other space sim productions!

That is why Egosoft is doomed to fail - even if Rebrith will be a good game. Star Citizen (form what we can see now) will be excelent game, with better graphics, physics, universe... and MULTIPLAYER!

Fallent

Fallent avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 11 years ago.

If SC was released tomorrow at the exact same time as Rebirth and I could only pick one, I would pick SC.

If you asked me that same question 6 months ago I would of chosen Rebirth without a doubt. Now I actually look forwards to SC a little bit more. Let that be example how even die hard fans of Ego are moving towards SC. Everyday more and more people turn towards SC.

Egosoft might be making a good game, it might be great, it might even be amazing, but their communications about it suck and leave a lot to be desired. Waiting so long and hearing so little about it, all excitement has nearly depleted and just became frustration.

Roguey any thoughts on that SC site? If you gave in-detail ship specs, easy to view like you do with X games I can see you getting some really active forums. More than 1 video a month and 1 comment a day lol.

jaml

jaml avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Roguey any thoughts on that SC site? If you gave in-detail ship specs

Ships detailed info could be a problem, becouse RSI /CGI didnt give us full info yet.

But I think SC site is great idea. If I can provide any help just tell me Smile

I can see some things, with which we can start:
- Universe overall info (like Races, Factions)
- What is known about ships so far
- Known Planets info with graphics (there is some info about it)

/Edit - Update/

I REALLY DON'T KNOW HOW EGOSOFT CAN BEAT THIS:

http://robertsspaceindustries.com/bengal-carrier-wip/

comment: what we can see in pictures:

- Ship (in design mode) with details (guns, thrusters, scale (all 3 axis)
- exterior / interior (look at details!!! IMO: more then AWESOME!!!)
- hangar bay (scale)
- alpha model testing (DX11.... - look at the info on top-right)
- bridge (here is my chair! Smile )
- textures ( WOW! )
- FPS with gun in corridor (i think BOARDING OPS will be pushed in very new level!)
- lights/shodow maps + reflections + transparency....

i think SC already WON vs Rebirth.

1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.