Albion Prelude 2.5

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Albion Prelude 2.5

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

its looking like we are getting another update this month for AP, but this time the only thing that seems definate is a Terran Plot, hopefully that will lead them onto the PHq plot and so on but thats just speculation. be curious to see what else we get out of it.

there are questions to this things validity but it is on the official XUniverseChannel on youtube, but as yet no official comment to a yes or no.

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield
- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Wow, nice egosoft are going to add a Terran plot.. finally. Hopefully it will be fun Smile

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

no doubt it will be another mini plot rather than a full plot like in TC, if it is a full plot they will end up just getting hit with the same thing they did by not including a Terran plot:
"oh thats unfair" "your biased toward them" blah blah blah....

i just hope it does link in somehow to the HUB and PHq plots, or perhaps new ones for them all together, end of the day i dont see how with the story of the HUB plot they could allow terran players to access it.

i also hope they add in more new ships, id love to see Argon/Split/Paranid/Teladi M2+ classes, but id also like to see ships like the XRM fast destroyers. i suppose only time will tell though!

for the time being why dont we turn this into a make shift speculation thread? what would you like to see from AP 2.5?

tho' we are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are
One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea looks like I have a valid reason to install it again. I've never tried a Terran start in TC or AP. Might do that this time around if they allow you to get the hub and phq as Terran.

ed: the vid isnt loading for me Cry

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

first thing i would like to see is the Drone Carriers functioning as they were ment.

then again im not a huge fan of the idea that those ships can produce their own drone haulers.... even if we could produce them away from the ships and have them only dockable to the drone carriers... make the Drone haulers incapible of jumping but damned cheap compaired to proper ships their class...

something else id like to see is M3 Bombers... the idea is from the XRM mod but i think their's is kinda overpowered... me personally id like to see them come with only 1 missile tube capible of firing Tomma's and even Barraging Tomma's... but their capacity would be more like the M3 class, maybe a bit faster than the M8 Bombers and they would still be dockable to the Carriers...

- Tennyson
ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

ed: the vid isnt loading for me Cry
- Sinxar

yeh its stopped loading on my screen now too... it was though earlier!!

- Tennyson
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

btw, where did you find any mention of v2.5?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=325464

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

hmm.. well the video looks real enough - its on egosoft's channel:

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I'm prolly abusing my power but yea its real for sure. There is a beta patch up in the L3 forums for testing. And no I cannot give it out and I haven't tried it as im busy with TC atm.

ConCorDian

ConCorDian avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

can you answer yes and no questions?

is it a mini plot for the Terrans?
other than the Terran plot will there be any other new ones?
will there be new ships?
will there be any new sectors?

im hoping there is more to it than just a terran plot, else they wouldnt have jumped it from 2.1 to 2.5

im not wanting you to give anything away in terms of details, as i said even yes or no would at least give an inclination to the patch?
only big question that lies is will the bothersome freight drone cloning exploit be fixed

- Tennyson
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Soonâ„¢

But I honestly didn't even read the details as I don't want to spoil it for myself. There are other bug fixes that will prolly be included too. Like one was reported about the research station and deploying lasertowers or something.

Not sure what if anything you need to become an L3 user. If you go into your egosoft profile edit page at the bottom there should be an option to sign up for the devnet thing so you can join in the testing.

martimus

martimus avatar
Level badge Boneguey (9)
Posted 11 years ago.

The Hub plot leaves an opening for the Terrans, in that they could just come in and take it by force. Although I can't remember if they were fighting to destroy it or to take it for themselves.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I would assume destroy it, as the Terrans don't use jump gate technology for "security reasons".

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

There is a beta patch up in the L3 forums for testing. And no I cannot give it out and I haven't tried it as im busy with TC atm.
- Sinxar

I never knew that place even existed.

zortan

zortan avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 11 years ago.

well something I would love to see is more carrier commands Smile

nothing like a crispy argon pilot being eating by a split while a boron slave sirves drinks aaaa what a joy war is .
1 2 3 »

You need to log-in to post here.