What do you think of X Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » What do you think of X Rebirth?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Part of the idea of an NDA is to not answer questions about that.

It isn't really complicated, just a lot of time waiting for something that you don't really know what you are waiting for.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Barren Earth. Much like life, then!

I am an Alien!
rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I like the videos so far. Hope there will be a factory build video soon.
I got this from CBJ regarding MODDING though:
No more editor no more "Thereshallbewings" Eek

Lots of editing via MD. I know MD is mission director but
have never used it.;) Will it really enable the modding gurus to work their usual magic?

Can the greatness of Cycrow make it so in Rebirth?

rhohltjr

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh the disappointment continues

Modding of Rebirth will not be the same as X3... you will be able to create custom worlds and custom missions, but not mod to the extent of before.

Sorry for your luck.

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry for your luck.
- BarrenEarth

That chapter has not been written yet. If there will be no
similar modding done in Rebirth then so be it.

The X community has been very resourceful to date.
So no cause for condolences just yet.

What's in those Dark Side cookies you serve? Smile

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry for your luck.- BarrenEarth

That chapter has not been written yet. If there will be no
similar modding done in Rebirth then so be it.

The X community has been very resourceful to date.
So no cause for condolences just yet.

What's in those Dark Side cookies you serve?

- rhohltjr

Truth, they are truth cookies

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Modding of Rebirth will not be the same as X3... you will be able to create custom worlds and custom missions, but not mod to the extent of before.

Who said that? I know ego said awhile back there would be less mod-tools available at release (which is understandable). Mod support is important to egosoft, and they are trying to make the game more editable than before, but the way it is done is different.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well from what I have seen, I am really looking forward to Rebirth. The way you can walk around stations and ships will add so much depth to the game. I really like how a complex or factory (cant recall right now) is made up of multiple factories that you can walk through and it really shows up in space the correct giant size of it....that is just so sweet to think of.

I will be pre-ordering it when I am able.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Who said that? I know ego said awhile back there would be less mod-tools available at release (which is understandable). Mod support is important to egosoft, and they are trying to make the game more editable than before, but the way it is done is different.
- Roguey

Log into steam and find out for yourself. Rumor has it you are also one of the Dev5's
You see any support for scripting or direct control over the packages making up game data? I am not a modder myself, but it is going to be 10x harder than it was before is it not?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

I didn't like many X3 mods but I hope Rebirth mods (if there will be any) will be more standard (i.e don't break the main vanilla flavour) and of better quality than before, I guess you know what does this mean.

Also I'm going to buy Rebirth but I hope it will not be too expensive for me. Deal

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Rumor has it you are also one of the Dev5's. You see any support for scripting or direct control over the packages making up game data? I am not a modder myself, but it is going to be 10x harder than it was before is it not?

lol, so there is rumour going around eh? well I am tester; although I cant really say much else.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Rumor has it you are also one of the Dev5's. You see any support for scripting or direct control over the packages making up game data? I am not a modder myself, but it is going to be 10x harder than it was before is it not?
lol, so there is rumour going around eh? well I am tester; although I cant really say much else.
- Roguey

Yeah, it was already leaked out who several of the testers were, which is why I don't particularly think Egosoft cares who is in devnet and who isnt is known by the public. But I understand, the less we say the better. Just surprised by your question if you had a chance to poke around the game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

it was already leaked out who several of the testers were, which is why I don't particularly think Egosoft cares who is in devnet and who isnt is known by the public.

That was a bit of shock to us as well, we thought ego wanted to keep the id of testers hidden. However with the introduction of the steam store page this went out the window, because steam was telling steam-friends who had a copy (we never got asked if we wanted our info made public Cuss @ ES).

Just surprised by your question if you had a chance to poke around the game.

Not sure what you mean by that.. sorry, maybe im being thick. After the games release, ill be able to talk much more freer (since the game will be out). The NDA states we are not allowed to post any information unless its already public knowledge (ie. what egosoft have posted publicly). I do not want to break their trust, so I may not be able to answer your question, even know I may know the answer.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Completely understandable... Best way to make sure no one knows if you're a dev5 or not... don't have steam friends Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

:lol i guess that's one way, although not the best way.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.