What do you think of X Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » What do you think of X Rebirth?

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Modding of Rebirth will not be the same as X3... you will be able to create custom worlds and custom missions, but not mod to the extent of before.
Who said that? I know ego said awhile back there would be less mod-tools available at release (which is understandable). Mod support is important to egosoft, and they are trying to make the game more editable than before, but the way it is done is different.
- Roguey

I have faith in the X modding community, regardless of how rebirth starts out.:)
I am also hoping they have new (yet unseen)video for Gamescom this week.

Here....have a Dark Side truth cookie....BarrenEarth brought them;)

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

It looks like egosoft are starting to post abit more, although I havnt posted about pre-ordering off their site as its not really news. I also not posted the reception videos because they dont offer any new content, and only offer their opinion of the news so far.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

It looks like egosoft are starting to post abit more, although I havnt posted about pre-ordering off their site as its not really news. I also not posted the reception videos because they dont offer any new content, and only offer their opinion of the news so far.
- Roguey

The deliberate lack of content in videos is frightening.

Also the last Bernd interview does confirm that the Plot is mandatory and the start will be near Plutarch Mining HQ every time. The Replayability of this game just tanked.

Also, no player trading, it seems to be done through hiring freighters and a lot of the envisioned game content was dropped to push for release. Very very troubling.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Also, no player trading, it seems to be done through hiring freighters

Yea, I feel the same way too. Maybe people found trading boring, however I like the option to trade wares for profit. I guess it was in one of the videos?

Also the last Bernd interview does confirm that the Plot is mandatory and the start will be near Plutarch Mining HQ every time.

lol, I didnt even know that myself... sounds.. troublesome. Ego never been one for great plot-lines either.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Strongly suspect they've learned from Microsoft to do Alpha and Beta tests, or equivalent, and then when they release the product it's not a 'release' .......... it just escapes for gamma testing!

I am an Alien!
rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Also, no player trading, it seems to be done through hiring freighters
Yea, I feel the same way too. Maybe people found trading boring, however I like the option to trade wares for profit. I guess it was in one of the videos?
- Roguey

This part reminds me of Origin: Privateer2 The Darkening. Hiring freighters to take goods from point A to B. I suppose that is fine if you want to tag along to protect a single freighter, but X games player stations tend to have more than 1 freighter(can't be everywhere all the time).

I suppose I can hope that the rebirth freighter designers have ramped up the defensive capabilities of the freighters.
I guess we won't know what's in this package until it's passed/for sale.

Seems like deja vu all over again.

@BarrenEarth : Seems like those truth cookies are getting you in trouble over on the mothership.

Robert H

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Indeed, I am officially IP banned on Egosoft forums... so much for free and open opinions. I never broke the NDA because I never disclosed information people didn't already have, or information gained through Egosoft. Oh well, I was a little too honest and on target with my analysis... gonna have to log in under an alias now Wink

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sorry to hear Barren, I guess it was going to happen sooner or later. I think it might of been to-do with being a little too direct for some. Although please dont start having ago at people here, we all friendly although if you want to moan at the game, feel free Smile

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

No need to get into fights here... people here dont get super defensive and down right abusive when you try and discuss the game and its failings.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah good to hear barren. The next revel of information will be at gamescon where egosoft are preparing a demo. Although not much is known about it. Isnt gamescon event like today or tomorrow or something?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Press open was this morning, the public tomorrow at 9 or 10am Dutch time?

I still don't see any info from Deep Silver that Egosoft will be there at all... but I don't think that they would hype this and not show.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

im pretty sure ego will be there, just that they might be on the tail-end of things. Sony/MS will be taking most of the lime-light, with their new consoles.

[update] looks like a poster for Rebirth is at the Deepsilver gamescon stage,

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Initial reports out of Gamescom, people are seeing how absolutely raw and unpolished the game is. Also confirming there is no trading with the Albion Skunk, only with special freighters (like I said) and that capital ship control was a bit more hyped than in actual reality (no direct control from bridge).

Basically, people are starting to fall back to earth a bit and realize what I was warning about is true. This game will get a 75/100 in reviews from pros, but a 50/100 from X Fans, I am afraid for what the ES forums are going to look like in November.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. it also sounds like egosoft havnt released any more info either. If not, what was the point of going to gamescon?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

hmm.. it also sounds like egosoft havnt released any more info either. If not, what was the point of going to gamescon?
- Roguey

To prove they had a game... problem is looks like they proved the game is far from complete. Bernd actually said in an interview today that this was version 1.0 coming out in November and will be far from a complete game.

So again, like I said, there will be no complete stable release of Rebirth this year.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

You need to log-in to post here.