Capturing ships (Tips/Tricks)

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Capturing ships (Tips/Tricks)

Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 11 years ago.

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you had any special tips or tricks to catching Xenon ships, whether they be caps or simple fighters.

For fighters, I have that down pretty well... as far as luck goes. A Cerberus armed with allot of flak and a few hepts on the side. I just fly through the middle of a group and hope some eject and survive. I dont however know how to take over ships like corvettes or capital ships... I dont even know how to board. I remember there being something in the terran campaign in tc however that was a long time ago.

So as the title suggests, this is about sharing tips and or tricks to capturing any and all types of ships.

Picture
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

That's what I did to cap an L for the plot. Just got a panther and ran through groups of them until one bailed. If personally flying a fighter and trying to get others to bail, I like using Pulsed Beam Emitters. Really only need one or two in a separate group. Two of them strip any fighters shields pretty quickly and obviously the best part - minimal hull damage.

I'm playing TC atm but boarding is pretty similar if not identical, other than the amount of marines a TP can hold. Anyway I've never really had much luck trying to spacewalk board M6s. I trained up a bunch of marines early so I wouldn't have to buy my first M6.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=270108 - This guide is win.

After a lot of stupid mistakes, like trying to board a pirate Centaur with 1 and 2 star marines vs internal sentry lasers. I finally got the hang of it and got 2x pirate Osprey and a pirate Centaur within a few hours today.

For me its easier to use the launch all marines command instead of the piracy one. I also found its easier to get in the right spot to eject the marines if you get into external view and zoom out a little bit.

But thats just me though and i'm still really noob at boarding. Even when I get an M7M I still rarely board capitals. But i'm liking this a lot now lol.

Now where is that Hyperion Vanguard... Sniper

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Xenon are always more of a pain to get, usually for the fighters you need to get them shields down as fast as possible, then a little hull damage. Basically shot-it like you dont care about it, however even then the bail chance is fairly low. This usually happens in a M7, as he bails just before it explodes sometimes.

as for the capitals, they need so many darn 5 star marines. There are some experts around here who have boarded the Xenon I!

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Good Afternoon All

I believe i have SOME experience capturing Xenon Ships Big grin

27 Xenon I's Banana music
2 Xenon K's
5 Xenon J's
5 Xenon Q's

Plenty of Xenon L's (About 60)
a Few LX's
a few M's
a Few N's

I use a Springblossom and a hyperion (M6's). The Springblossom i use as my normal flying ship (423m/s!!)

And a Cobra

The M3's ,M4's,M5's are just luck !! hit the shields hard and quick and pray Big grin

the Bigger Ships require more a thinking approach and ALOT of Marines for any of the M7's,M1's,M2's,or M2XL (Xenon I's).

I take all the bigger ships from a distance with a cobra and hyperion (20km) Fire off my 20 marines transfer over the extra 5 marines from hyperion and send them the first 20 if lucky will board first and get to deck 2 before the extra 5 join in and make up the difference of lost marines on deck 1.

Xenon Capturing will require 25 100% in ALL fighting,mechanical,engineering,Hacking.

You will require 15 marines at Deck 5 or you will fail and lose all marines so save at each deck.!!

if you require any further question pls ask !! if it wasn't for martimus helping me i wouldn't have gone on a capturing spree Big grin

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

@suzukigsxr you show off

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I think tomorrow I will start writing a few guides on boarding in the wiki. There are a bunch of different methods, some of which are more appropriate than others in certain situations. I myself use a similar method to suzukigsxr, but I engage the target myself in my overtuned Hyperion, and get by with my fancy flying skills.

If enough people think it's a good idea I may even make some video tuts for youtube, but no promises.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Seems like it would be reinventing the wheel. Unless you have some info that isn't in other guides on the egosoft forums or vid tutorials that arn't already on youtube. If the posters are still active i'm sure most would be willing to give permission to post their guides/vids here.

Don't let me stop you though. A fresh view on sometimes difficult subjects can help immensely.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@JackKiller2266 one tries Poke Big grin

I engage from a distance with hammers and flails is my motto , but with I's watch the missles Sniper

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

I dug up a bunch of threads about spacewalk boarding in AP. From what people are saying its immensely easier than in TC. So perhaps it would be a good idea do AP specific guides for spacewalk boarding.

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

space walking guide i also agree would be helpful

I tried it when i first started playing albion failed miserably.

so bought a Cobra and never spacewalked again but i do like the idea of capping a few m6's Especially if they have Xe and Non in them.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

@suzukigsxr lol love the pun there

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

Any guides are welcomed on the wiki, that's the whole point of it Smile

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@JackKiller2266

I did not know i had made a pun Big Grin

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I did not know i had made a pun Big Grin
- suzukigsxr

I didn't either...

So you guys use TPs' to launch marines? Im trying to get into position to take either a Terran cap or Xenon. I have two Frigates now, both are pretty heavily armed. One is for taking on a crap ton of fighters, the other is for stations or heavy ships. The Boron whatchamajigy and the Split Tiger. Boron for stations, Split for fighters. All I need is a good ship to start loading marines on and grabbing some boarding pods.

Also, do I need lifesupport? Im kinda thinking I do

Picture
Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 11 years ago.

Also, do I need lifesupport? Im kinda thinking I do
- Link238

Yea you need one if it isn't already installed.

So you guys use TPs to launch marines? Im trying to get into position to take either a Terran cap or Xenon.
- Link238

You def need M7M for Terran and Xenon capitals. The hull is too strong to cut without the bonus from the boarding pods.

Now where is that Hyperion Vanguard... Sniper
- Sinxar

Welp I found them. Let me tell you it was a pain in the ass to board with my pirate Centaur. But only because it was so much faster than me. Finally got the idea to use 5x Hornets to drop his shields then launch the marines right when he was beside me. Finally got a good marine launch after about 10 reloads. Surprisingly there was no losses once they got on board.

Took some pics of it and my boarding craft. I'm extremely proud of this as its the first time I have really gotten into boarding.

Loot & Hull
Picture

Group Shot
Picture

So to recap, I got into position about 10km in front of it. Launched 5x Hornet missiles (200MJ per missile). I then ejected the marines pretty much right in his face then used Hurricanes to keep the shields at about 5%. Once they got in I jumped to a gate in sector and set Paranid back to friend and contacted the other hyperion and apologized.

I used Hurricanes because A) I mass produce them, best missile for killing M5s in the game B) its hard to put the main battery on it while dodging insane amounts of incoming fire at near point blank range in a fat slow ship.

Link

Link avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

not bad looking ship. Im gonna go around looking for a life support system from a non pirate source if I can.. Its been a long time since I've looked for one

Picture
1 2 3 4 »

You need to log-in to post here.