Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

EliteM3

EliteM3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

CPU: AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 2.4 ghz 4600+
GPU:NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 550 mhz, 400 mhz memory, GPU Shader 1400 mhz
RAM: 3 gb DDR400
Sound: Realtek High Definition sound
HDD(s); Maxtor IDE 250 gb, SATA 80 gb

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh, the AMD X2 - one great CPU! I had something very similar before I upgraded my pc. I used it for so many great years. However how it will fair in rebirth is another question, some of these new pc's are around 3-4 times faster. Ego have said that dual/quad core processors will be support. It will be interesting seeing an X-Game use more than a single core.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just bought a new laptop, it has got,

Processor: Celeron(R) Dual-Core CPU T3500 @ 2.10GHz
Installed Memory (RAM) 3.00GB
System Type: 64-bit Operating System.

It is an Acer Aspire 5336

Now i think this should handle rebirth? What do you think.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hmmm. well I think the CPU and RAM should be fine, however what worries me with laptop is the graphic cards. I guessing rebirth is going to require a powerful graphic card to keep everything smooth. How does X3TC run on it?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I have not tired X3TC on it, my aim was this laptop was for collage, but when I remembered Rebirth.... it changed my mind. Installing x3tc now.
My graphics card is;

Name: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: (same as name)
DAC Type: Internal
Approx Total Memory 1308mb
Current Display mode: 1366 x 768 (32bit) (60Hz_
Moniter: Generic PnP Moniter

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I think trying X3TC will give you a very good sign of your laptop performance. It goes without saying that Rebirth is surely going to demand more than X3TC.

Another option is to try a benchmark program such as 3dmark01/03/05/06 etc. then compare against:
- Graphics Cards - Benchmark List

I do think your Intel mobile graphic accelerator might struggle, but a benchmark would help me understand how much gaming performance your laptop has.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I looked at the site, and I could not find my card :/

But, my laptop runs X3TC on all high graphics fine. So it might run Rebirth on low :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

sounds like youre in with a chance then - im not very experienced with laptop myself, as I use a big computer. What you could do is run one of them benchmarks, then look for a card with a similar score. That would allow you place how powerful your GPU is.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

That website confused the hell out of me, so I did a Google search amd I found that these intels are not the best for new games. But I think it should be able to run on low graphics. With X3TC I only have a problem on all highs when there a fight going on, but with Medium all is fine all the time. So all on low should to me for Rebirth.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Roguey, I looked at the laptop specs and came up with teo graphics card types, this might be what your looking for.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Graphics-Media-Accelerator-4500MHD-GMA-X4500MHD.9883.0.html
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Celeron-Dual-Core-T3500-Notebook-Processor.37117.0.html

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Ah, that does give a bit more information, thanks.

Looking at those, I would say the CPU power is a bit like my older system - which was fairly okay.

As for the graphic card, it seems the weak link - by the looks of it you probably have to put rebirth into low, because ego are known to push the current hardware. A Geforce 590 roughly scores 19,000 on 3dmark06 and on that chart you posted your system can score between 500-1000 points.

Although in any case, the game will work just dont know how fast it will be.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

At least it will work, I may have to same problem with Terran Conflict, takes ages to jump. But fine there after.
The 3GBs of RAM and the dual core should help.

Calgacus

Calgacus avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

My desktop has an Intel Pentium D dual core running at 3.0GHz, an nVidia EN8400GS Graphics card and 4Gb RAM. XTC is a little jerky so I'm gonna have to upgrade the graphics card. What do you recommend? (Btw, I'm on a tight budget!) Big Grin

dathionk

dathionk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

CPU: Intel i7 920 @3.57GHz
ram: 12.0GB corsair i think
Video: dual Ati Radeon HD 5800 series 1.gig each

windows 7 64bit

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

You should be okay dathionk surely. If ego make the requirements higher than your pc, then no-one will be able to play the darn thing (which would be bad for ego, as no one would buy).

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.