Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

yep. I cant run it. Working at about 5-10 FPS at minimum settings. Cry
Ah well, ill just go upgrade, can anyone recommend a good processor + anything else you would recommend to my laptop?

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Don't rush to go upgrade yet. I had the crash from realtek and had to disable both my audio and my ethernet card before it would load. On an i5 2500k with 16gb ram and a 7870 2gb gfx I am getting ten fps at best and crashes when trying to use a logitech g15... no review from me until this is fixed.

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Don't rush to go upgrade yet. I had the crash from realtek and had to disable both my audio and my ethernet card before it would load. On an i5 2500k with 16gb ram and a 7870 2gb gfx I am getting ten fps at best and crashes when trying to use a logitech g15... no review from me until this is fixed.
- BarrenEarth

Yeah, I guess, for now ill just mess around in the universe, using the script editor for basically godmodeing and exploring. Does anyone know how to activate it?

don't look at me D:
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

@BarrenEarth, did you see that?!...

From the 1st day?! all this happens at the Technical Support, from the first day?! Hate PC
Something is definitely wrong in this game. Bricks

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@BarrenEarth, did you see that?!...

From the 1st day?! all this happens at the Technical Support, from the first day?!
Something is definitely wrong in this game.
- Raptor

More disturbing is there is only 40 posts in the new Xrebirth discussion forum... obviously more people having problems than using it well.

I will say this, it looks nothing like an X game, but not in a bad way. It reminds me of what I had hoped Dark Star One was like, just feels weird that Egosoft made it.

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes, you're right.

And are there just these few ships and only those few weapons in the game?! Cold

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh god, its only getting worse. I am sorry, this game needs another 7 years of work.

And the ES forums are a blood bath

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh god, its only getting worse. I am sorry, this game needs another 7 years of work.

And the ES forums are a blood bath
- BarrenEarth

I wouldn't say that its a complete disaster. I still managed to have a look at some of the stuff in game, and if it weren't for the poor performance, it could have been good. All they need to do is iron out some of the bugs, and optimise some more.

don't look at me D:
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

And the ES forums are a blood bath- BarrenEarth
I wouldn't say that its a complete disaster. I still managed to have a look at some of the stuff in game, and if it weren't for the poor performance, it could have been good. All they need to do is iron out some of the bugs, and optimise some more.
- SpiritOfDeath

And fix the UI, its horrible, like your sister getting into a bad car wreck horrible.

And fix the story line, because it is borked in like 20 places

And fix all the glitches with the NPCs and the scanning

Assigned NPCs to your ships like the Engineer that won't fix anything or the Defensive officer that won't repair.

This is even buggier than the Beta

This is the worst release of an Egosoft game to date, and that is saying a lot.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea Im not much of a fan of the UI either - its too small on large resolutions, the only thing that sizes-up is the circle in the middle/cockpit. I know for a fact that the station icons are much bigger in the game-files, so its possible to scale those. I guess the mini-menus to, since they are just a few boxes and text. Im pretty sure I did post about that in the feedback area.

as for the story - if youre talking about the selling of energy cells.. well that was working prior to RC1. Somehow it got broken between beta 1.8 to RC1. We only got RC1 one day before release, which gave the testers no time to test anything (1.11 etc. was hotfixes). RC1 should of been handed to us (testers) for a week or two before - not one day.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea Im not much of a fan of the UI either - its too small on large resolutions, the only thing that sizes-up is the circle in the middle/cockpit. I know for a fact that the station icons are much bigger in the game-files, so its possible to scale those. I guess the mini-menus to, since they are just a few boxes and text. Im pretty sure I did post about that in the feedback area.

as for the story - if youre talking about the selling of energy cells.. well that was working prior to RC1. Somehow it got broken between beta 1.8 to RC1. We only got RC1 one day before release, which gave the testers no time to test anything (1.11 etc. was hotfixes). RC1 should of been handed to us (testers) for a week or two before - not one day.
- Roguey

I believe I said this would happen on the forums when they started giving us Alpha builds to test and Betas were still weeks away.

jjhawk

jjhawk avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 10 years ago.

My desktop is not very well at the moment so there is no hope of trying the game myself as this laptop does not have the cpu to handle it although it runs Skyrim surprisingly well with tons of mods added even....

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

You need to log-in to post here.