Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Steam is a 32-bit app but the programs it launches can be 64-bit. However despite the requirements for the game said to be 64-bit OS only Egosoft has confirmed it is a 32-bit program.

Does seem odd and we are now back to "how can you do all that you want to do under 3gb of ram"?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yea Barren is right, its an 32bit app which requires a 64bit OS. On a 32bit OS a programmer can only guarantee up-to 2gb of ram (because of XP memory handling). However a 32bit app, on a 64bit OS can have up-to 4gb of memory. 2Gb isnt enough for X-R, so they choose 64bit OS. They didnt rewrite the app, as that would lead to further delays.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

I just bought a new graphics card Here it is
I think that should be enough, what to you think. The rest of my PC specs are in the sig.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Bozo Easily, the 650/660/670 are really good chipsets, and the Ti versions are ~40% better for fractional extra cost. I've got at 660 Ti and that runs anything I can throw at it, and it's only marginally better than the 650, so you should be able to run pretty well anything with it! Supposing the original recommended hardware for Rebirth was what? A 560? A 650 will blitz it...

I will be the one to take you down!
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

You will be fine, this game is not going to be limited by the graphics card. I can confirm that your CPU needs to be top notch and because of the architecture we will all be Ram starved.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Looks good bozo64r, you shouldnt have too much of a problem.

As for the graphic card, looks like a good one. A bit similar to mine... well, same family Smile

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Bozo your machine looks to be well above the specs, but for the rest of this page .....if I can get away with maybe a new graphics card I'll be tempted to give rebirth a go in a few mths, but I really can't afford a rebuild to a 64bit machine & OS & graphics. Living in hope!

I am an Alien!
Coolfallon

Coolfallon avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Looking at the minimum and recommended computer specs, I see that I am between the two, so I'll probably be able to run it at a reduced level. Looking at the steam trailer, it's such a shame that I won't be able to experience such a masterpiece at its fullest.

SpiritOfDeath

SpiritOfDeath avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 10 years ago.

I hope my computer is fine,
i have a AMD A6 2.7GHz
4 gigs of Ram + a External Hard drive 3.0 with 16GB of virtual memory (i had no use for it, so i just turned a small portion into VR for whatever reason)
An AMD Radeon HD 7520G

Looking at the specs, it seems i could run it. What do you think?

Look at me! Look at me! Look at me! *falls over*

don't look at me D:
Link

Link avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

AMD FX 8350 (8 core)
1 stick of 8 gig (want to get more)
ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 Series (really need to upgrade, this is a 512 mb)

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

@link

hmm.. well I do think your graphic card memory is a bit low. I dont know the exact requirements, but I think you may need a 1-1.5gb card to use the best textures. Hard for me to test, cos I got 2gb.

CPU and ram look fine however.

@SpiritOfDeath

hmm.. maybe the gpu might struggle, although not really sure on laptop pc's.

as for virtual memory, well all HDD's are slower than real memory. So I cant really see it helping you. The down-side is if you unplug it, then windows will lose its swap file. I think 4gb should be fine.

Umbru

Umbru avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

mmm...

AMD FX 8350 8 cores 4.0Ghz
AMD Radion HD 6870 1gb GDDR5
1 8 gig stick of ddr3 at 1866.

Should be ok but I'd really like another stick of ram and a newer graphics card. Of those only the ram is likely to happen any time soon.

Link

Link avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

my plan is to replace the graphics with a 3 gig however i saw a 2 gig on sale for a really nice price so i might get that instead, I'd rather spend 80 on a 2 gig then 300 or so on a 3 gig

Picture
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

2 GB graphics memory would be more than enough for X Rebirth, I believe, 1 GB is enough. See System Requirements.

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Link

Link avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

yup, def need to up my graphics card

Picture
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.