Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

I just wondering how many of us think our pc is powerful enough for rebirth. Im guessing my old dual core (X2), 4gb, 9800gt will struggle with rebirth.

How many of you are thinking about upgrading because of rebirth?

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 12 years ago.

Heh, I'm pretty sure mine isn't up for Rebirth. From the looks of it it will be massive.
Sadly, I don't think I'll upgrade because of Rebirth, even if I do, next up for me is Opteron, which are server processors, and I don't think they play nice with windows. Big grin

Burn rubber, not your soul!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

why do you need to get a server processor? arent they harder to get than normal processors?

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Not really. You can get them almost like normal ones. The motherboards are a bit more of a problem, but I've got it figured out Big grin

The point is, I'm kinda sick of this x86 architecture, and the opterons are a mixture of PPC and X86, which is very powerful for mathematical stuff (hence server CPU's).
Now I'm usually not much of a gamer, through I like to play games here and there, truth is, most games just don't appeal to me...especially the new stuff...it's boring, lacks a story etc.
So...I figure why bother with x86, when I can have better mathematical performance (work related)?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I guess.. I never thought the server processors did particularly well at games although. x86 has been a major feature of the pc market as well.

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

The don't. Server processors quite frankly suck at gaming...but like I said, I need it to do some work actually. :P

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

no good at gaming - heck whats the point of it then :P

NetHawk

NetHawk avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

:D
Well, let's call it preference Big grin
I'm on Linux anyway, so gaming isn't all *that* supported for me. You wouldn't believe the trouble I went through to get the X3Reunion copy for linux Big grin

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey supporter & Peeps, Wave

Right... Take two at this.... tried to post this the other night but it screwed up when I tried to post it (3/4 of it was missing when I posted it.... it was a problem with my browser, Roguey supporter , not with the forum....)

My 'Puter Spec's:
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-H55M-S2H (Intel H55 Chipset) Dual Bios (yes, you read that right.. Dual Bios... Evil)
CPU: Intel LGA1156 Quad-Core i5 760 @ 2.8Ghz (Running @ stock speed)
RAM: 4GB DDR3-1333 Ram (Not sure of brand, I think it's Corsair...)
Graphics: GIGABYTE nVidia Geforce GT 430 1GB PCI-E (Dual Fan, Dx 11) (yes, Dual Fan...)
Sound: Realtek ALC888B Codec Onboard Sound Chip (2/4/5.1/7.1 Channel)
HDD(s): 1x WD Caviar "Green" SATA 1TB, 1x Samsung SATA 500GB

So yeah, I expect it's gonna struggle to play X-Rebirth when it's released.... Angel Dunce Dizzy Spit ROFL Roll eyes LOL

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

You like you dual stuff, dont ya Nova?

Well I dont think your system will have too much of trouble apart from the graphic card: you may want to upgrade that m8. I think your CPU should be fine, after-all its a quad-core at 2.8Ghz. Memory might be a little tight but that's upgradable too. I think you have the core components to play rebirth - although I dont know what kind-of specs rebirth needs.

Nephos

Nephos avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm on a MacBook Pro, I'm saving up for a gaming PC.. But that will take a while.
I also didn't buy this Mac, so no hate thanks. I'm using Bootcamp, so I'm running Windows on Mac (It's Legal). I'm hoping that I can handle it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

well if all goes as planned, egosoft said it should be out around the end of the year - so you have some time to save up. I dont think there is anything new hardware wise (CPU, memory etc.) by then, apart from the AMD's bulldozer core. However I wasnt impressed with it being delay due to performance issues.

Mike_slain3

Mike_slain3 avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

I have a feeling it'll run on duel cores easily. If they go and make it a beast and we all end up needing i7s then they are gonna lose customers.

I'm getting irritated now about the lack of info about Rebirth. It's been a while now. They should be leaking snippets out every couple of weeks.

Picture
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I agree - there as been a real lack of info from ego about rebirth. Why not a screen-shot or something so every so often? I cant think its to do with it being in alpha? All I can think is after the Fedcon (Maxxler releasing pictures/video on the net), ego are worried about posting anything until they are ready.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I bet ego have screwed up.... they won't give a screenshot cause the game is failing. Maybe there just telling us it's ready, but actually waiting for us to talk about it then using all the ideas to create a good game.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I cant see that being the case m8 - ego have been working on it for 4 years. So most of the content should be in-place. They are probably adding new content, testing and fixing atm. Ego are probably more scared about releasing information which may not reach the end game.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.