Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Do you think your pc is up for Rebirth?

dathionk

dathionk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

I was thinking of upgrading my video card to two 6970 2g. just to be sure lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

Im holding back on the graphic card for now, so ive stuck with my old 9800gt for now. However I do plan on upgrading it nearer to the release of the new games. That way i can probably get something better for the same money or at least should able to get it cheaper.

dathionk

dathionk avatar
Level badge Boguey (2)
Posted 12 years ago.

usually every four years I use my half of my and the wife's taxes to purchase a new PC I was thinking of doing it this year but I might just go with an SSD and two new vid cards and wait another year or so.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

Hmm, just commenting in this thread again to state that I seriously doubt my NEW computer (system spec's: http://www.harveynorman.com.au/pryon-pry-gfx4121-gaming-desktop.html) will be able to handle X:Rebirth when it's released..... :p

Yes, I've just splashed out & bought a brand new computer as I've been having some extremely annoying issues with this one (just got it back from the local computer shop today after taking it in early last week because an issue it was having {had to leave it there over the Easter weekend as they hadn't been able to narrow down the cause of the issue before they closed}...), I think it's spent close on a month all up (IE: a coupla days here, a week there..) in the local computer shop just this year alone due to the problems I've been having with it, so mum & I decided it would probably be cheaper to get a brand new computer system rather then mucking around running this thing down to the shop every coupla weeks & getting them to try & fix the problems all the time... Bash the wall

I'm hoping to be able to pick up my new computer from the retailer this weekend.. (they had to order it in for me....)

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hey there m8. long time, no see!

I see that your getting yourself an bulldozer.. well AMD chip. I did wait for them before making the choice between that and Intel. Ive been looking around at the benchmarks between the FX4100 and the 2600k and it looks like the 2600k is only double the speed.. however I cant see egosoft demanding anything like a 2600k, so I reckon your processor should be able to cope with it.

However the graphic card side, you probably beat me a lot. My old 9800GT is gonna struggle - when upgrading I left it on purpose. I figured that was better to upgrade near the release of the new games.

well.. still really a hard to comment on this subject.. as there is still very little real information on rebirth. From a technical point we know it will use multi-threaded code (ie. it will make use of dual, quad cores etc.)

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

I'm guessing I'm good.

I have an

intel quad core i7 @ 2.93 Ghz with a K875 chipset
ATI Radeon HD 5730 with 1 GB ram running with core clock at 860 Mhz and memory clock at 1200 Mhz.
4 GB of ram
WD caviar 500 GB black edition (2x the read ahead cache of green edition, 5 vs 3 yr warranty)
23" Samsung LED landscape monitor (landscape is FTW folks, you actually see more stuff in your game on the sides. Must have. It's big too.)
Harmon/Kardon sound with subwoofer
Logitech G500 gaming mouse
Logitech 3D Pro joystick

and other irrelevant parts.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

hmm... will 4Gb of ram be enough? I mean X3TC/X3AP already likes 2.5gb or more.

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

That's the part I'm least certain about. Fortunately, also the easiest to upgrade, as I have empty slots available. It's virtually inevitable that sometime in this rig's life cycle it will get upgraded to 8 GB. Or maybe 12 GB. I could also install a 2nd video card, if needed.

novacatt

novacatt avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hiya Roguey & Peeps, Wave

Heh... I'm writing this using my brand new computer.... Big Grin

Only picked it up a coupla hr's ago & am only just starting to try & get everything installed again... IE: my browsers, anti-virus, printer, etc.. :p (now comes one of most annoying parts of reinstalling everything.. reinstalling most of my games via steam... Roll eyes)

This thing is a beast.... bloody noisy too (the top mounted exhaust fan from the sounds of it..), but I suspect that will settle down over the next day or two as it wears in...

I suspect this thing will rock the socks off of X:Rebirth when they release it.... LOL ROFL

Cheers & Thranx

change without Subject to notice.... :p watch this space... (<-- --> this one, not that one.. --> <-- Spit LOL)
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Nice to see your back, might be nice if you made another thread (in the chit-chat) section and tell us more about your new pc Smile

PuppyOfWar

PuppyOfWar avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

This thing is a beast.... bloody noisy too (the top mounted exhaust fan from the sounds of it..), but I suspect that will settle down over the next day or two as it wears in...

- novacatt

I'd keep an eye on that fan. If it doesn't quiet down, I'd consider taking it back to have that replaced, it may be defective. A noisy fan is making noise due to friction and vibration, 2 things that will surely shorten its life. Fans, CD/DVD drives, power supplies (cooling fan) and hard drives are really the only things on a computer prone to fail. They all have 1 thing in common: moving parts.

nankura

nankura avatar
Level badge Noviguey (3)
Posted 12 years ago.

honestly i think alot of people are jumping the gun. Egosoft have menchoned in multiple interviews that even though the features, and engine will be completely reworked with a new graphical engine that it doesnt mean you will need a new computer

They have menchoned multiple times that they are working towards an engine more capable of utilizing all your hardware rather than just the RAM that the current X series seems to hog so much ,therefor. requiring less resources not more.

They also showed that the engine will provide more spread. aka proper utilization of multicore processors. at the moment even though it seems like all cores are used, X3 only really utilizes one core to the fullest which is the biggest draw back to the point that even new computers struggle in some areas

What im saying is. you wont need a beast computer or server processor to run rebirth. the way there building the engine will make it so that all your hardware works together to provide optimal performance. and im sure there will be options for lower grade computers

the more resources available to an engine and the more hardware "features" used such as 3DNow and MMX. the better any computer that uses semi "new technology" or 4 cores can handle the load and data

as for graphic's. when they finally implement all the proper new shaders and DX features of 2012/13. even 2-3 year old cards should be more than capable

SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Oh I know its going to hurt me.

Just got AP off steam as I couldn't get it of impulse. (Atleast with impulse you dont need to be logged into your user account to make the damn thing run).

Started it up and well, it's sticky. . . lagging a little already. Sigh, time for a major clean out of all the other games stored.

So I can only imagine how Rebirth would walk, yes walk not run. Hate PC

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 12 years ago.

Just got AP off steam as I couldnt get it of impulse. (Atleast with impulse you dont need to be logged into your user account to make the damn thing run).
- SMITHY77

Look at the first thing on the list here.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
SMITHY77

SMITHY77 avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

I must have been going blind, I used their portal when I decided to buy the damn thing!

Thanks for the link.

Go nuts Bash the wall Exp steam!!!! all that trouble. Wouldn't give me the registration code! had TC anyway from Impulse so got around it but lord they make it hard to want to get anything off them!

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.