Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

i have, it was 10% off, so I have pre-ordere it! Big grin

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I shall not buy it until I know if I can run it, so if the existing version of specs are confirmed I may have to upgrade system before buying.

I am an Alien!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think im doomed what ever-way I answer the above lol

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think im doomed what ever-way I answer the above lol
- Roguey

Read into this the way we want? Because I have the feeling you feel the same way about this game that I do Wink

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 10 years ago.

A bit confused here, the pre-order price is $44.99 USD (Digital only edition, steam key) at the steam store while it is 44.99 EUR at egosoft shop! is it a mistake?! what's the real deal? Confused

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

A bit confused here, the pre-order price is $44.99 USD (Digital only edition, steam key) at the steam store while it is 44.99 EUR at egosoft shop!

lol, very strange. Myself, id perfer to order via steam as I know they should have a better system than egosoft. I guess buying through their store would probably give them a better share although, as steam would take a cut.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

A bit confused here, the pre-order price is $44.99 USD (Digital only edition, steam key) at the steam store while it is 44.99 EUR at egosoft shop!
lol, very strange. Myself, id perfer to order via steam as I know they should have a better system than egosoft. I guess buying through their store would probably give them a better share although, as steam would take a cut.
- Roguey

Deep Silver takes a set cut for sales whether it is steam or direct or amazon or best buy. Deep Silver then pays steam for distribution, so Egosoft makes the same "royalties" off the game no matter where you buy it.

It actually costs Egosoft more to buy it from them if they use their own servers for distro

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah thanks for explaining Barren, I thought they would get more money if brought directly (forgot about the publishers).

It actually costs Egosoft more to buy it from them if they use their own servers for distro

I thought on the ego-store you brought steam-keys, so the download wouldnt come from them anyway.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

I cant buy it until I get the money lol. I am currently off work and wife gets paid on Friday sooo....may have to wait till September, but I will be buying it asap.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah thanks for explaining Barren, I thought they would get more money if brought directly (forgot about the publishers).

I thought on the ego-store you brought steam-keys, so the download wouldnt come from them anyway.
- Roguey

Then in that case it costs/profits the same to Ego. Kinda sucks, they could have avoided that with a kickstarter and no distributor.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Kinda sucks, they could have avoided that with a kickstarter and no distributor.

Maybe they were stuck with a publisher before hand (could be part of a long-contract?). Crowd-funding is more risky path (but I guess more money gets to the developers, rather than a middle-man). Although crowd-funding is a new thing for gaming, and something up-n-coming.

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Just updating, I have pre-purchased the game through Steam.

Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm holding off on deciding "For now" The preorder is probably going to run till release.
Im hoping to see more than "Pretty Console-ised flight sim." before deciding.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I feel bad for those who are pre-ordering. This game has been confirmed to be in a state of early Beta for November release. you are paying to test and wait for the content they promised to come out later if ever. Eek

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

This game has been confirmed to be in a state of early Beta for November release

Where did you see or hear that from?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Every answer to questions at Gamescom about why something wasn't in the demo, or why something wasn't working right in the demo was met with a "we are working on it" or "that feature will probably be brought in a patch"

Any game that needs patches to make the mechanical base features of the game work is in Beta. And Egosoft themselves have confirmed last week that several game designed features won't be ready for release.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.