Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

All I am implying from your post is that you are as shocked as everyone else that the virtual silence continues, that the demo was lacking 90% of what they claim the game has in it and that the marketing campaign director of both ES and DS needs to be sacked.

That is was I just read into your words, no worries m8, we aren't trying to get you to break your NDA. And I already consider mine null and void.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I dont know much about the demo myself - I didnt go to Germany for Gamescom event, plus there hasnt been much of it posted on the net either.

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am waiting for a Boxed version w/Manual in English Read. So....I'm waiting too Toetap .
Someone told me I could download a manual from Steam when it is released, but I am
also still waiting till more dev work takes place and fills in more holes. Toetap

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I noticed the Ask Me Anything session last night the Devs and Bernd used the words "Goal of Release November 2013" not the game "Will" be released November 2014. I also noticed a few sites of prominence like Gamespot has the release date moved back to December 31st...

A sign?

Oh and lmfao @ "There are only a handful of systems now but they are much bigger and can't compare" ...fail

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Wait...so after all the noise they've been making that it 'will be this year', it's now been pushed back to NEXT November?

I give up... :/

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Despite the slight changes of names to do with the differences in how to travel through or to 'areas,' Bernd seemed quite clear that the Galaxy/Universe is at least as big as any we've known, and FAR more detailed. The X games we know only became that way because of the fans/modders/scripters etc., and the company obviously hope that their continued input will steer the direction and development of Rebirth. I didn't pick up on any date changes, as I was reading for a finalised version of specs. which wasn't exactly there!
Lots of the questions were very similar to each other, and have already been answered.

I am an Alien!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

"Goal of Release November 2014" not the game "Will" be released November 2014.

Well ive touched on the release date a few days ago. The answer I got was; 15th Nov was the release date (ie. set in stone), ie. for v1.0 (which wont be a beta btw). So unless something changed (or you know more than I do), 15th of Nov is still on. I think what they mean; is not every idea will be in the game at release. I think Egosoft wanted to-be more adventurous with rebirth however doing so would knock-back the release date (it needs to happen this year - for countless reasons). So rather knock-back the release-date once again, some features will be added after release. What these features will be, I havnt got a clue - only egosoft know.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

My apologies for the typo, they have a stated "Goal" of November 2013, that was poor proofreading in my post.

However review sites are refusing to budge from a December 31st, even though Egosoft, DS and Steam are advertising November 19th.

Funny thing is, Steam has November 15th which is not correct either, Even Egosoft has said their intended release date for NA is the 19th, so now I have no idea who to trust.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

no worries barren on the typo - happens to me a lot Smile

to be honest, I think those review sites have the date wrong (maybe trying to guess the date from previous delays). I have asked at egosoft, and ive been told the release date is the 15th of Nov officially. Any other date (than 15th Nov) are wrong (at this time). That info comes directly from egosoft.

Bossie

Bossie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi guys
This is my first post on Roguey's site although I problably visited over a hundred times. One of the best, if not THE best, help sites for X3. Thanks Roguey Smile
I got TC from my wife about a year ago, bought AP since and have not stopped playing yet. In South africa we can only make bookings for pre-order yet - bandwidth too slowww to download such a big game - but I can't wait for the release.
Good or bad, I am determined to at least try to enjoy it as much as possible. Here the release dates was anounced as 15 Nov for Europe, 19 Nov for USA and ? for the rest of the world. I just hope it's before Dec.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

hi and welcome Bossie Wave

as for the release date, well if you cant download directly from steam then I guess you will have to wait for a publisher release. Being in South Africa I havnt got a clue when that will be.

What sort-of connection do you have?

Hammerit

Hammerit avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hi there Bossie

Think about the probably later release this way: The version you get will have far fewer bugs and probably more features than what those European money bags paid for Wink.

Bossie

Bossie avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 10 years ago.

hi and welcome Bossie

as for the release date, well if you cant download directly from steam then I guess you will have to wait for a publisher release. Being in South Africa I havnt got a clue when that will be.

What sort-of connection do you have?
- Roguey

I don't mind the extra wait as long as it's worth it. ADSL speeds range between 640 and 1024 Kb on a good day. Only major city centre areas have speeds up to 4Mb/s.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I feel for you. I used to be on 0.5-2mb/s Internet before I upgraded to BT; it's fine for general surfing and most YouTube vids, but any downloads or streaming you have to leave it overnight. Even though I get 10mb/s wired now, any Steam download is limited to 1mb/s.... Sigh

I will be the one to take you down!
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Holy crap, in the One ship poll thread a question was asked if you would pay for an expansion that added more than one playable ship. A mod, an ES mod, who is probably about to lose his privileges just posted this:

I woted no. Why would I pay for something that should be in the game for the first place? That said I have decided not to buy Rebirth at all.

I am warning you guys still on that site, it is going to devolve into a blood bath in about 9 weeks.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.