Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Nice poll by the way... a forum full of X fans and only 33% are buying the game right away lol

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

If I had any real knowledge of the specs I'd probably give it a go. As it happened I didn't buy any X games when they were new, (I either didn't know about them or didn't have the money/time.) As such I haven't endured the same frustrations with new releases as some of the more dedicated.

I am an Alien!
Zipmeister

Zipmeister avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Every answer to questions at Gamescom about why something wasn't in the demo, or why something wasn't working right in the demo was met with a "we are working on it" or "that feature will probably be brought in a patch"

Any game that needs patches to make the mechanical base features of the game work is in Beta. And Egosoft themselves have confirmed last week that several game designed features won't be ready for release.
- BarrenEarth

Sounds an awful lot like they are willing to release an incomplete product just to beat Star Citizen beta to market.

A good way to get a terrible Metacritic score out the starting gate. That's always GREAT for sales..
If they fix the problems, the reviews probably won't get revised... People will be apprehensive to buy an incomplete game whether it gets completed after the review or not.
If Rebirth is the NASCAR car with steering that can only turn left, Egosoft is in a lot of trouble.
A sandbox without sand is just an empty box..

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Problem is the reviews for a game that is less sandbox and more arcade style will probably be the best they ever had. It is the core fanbase that is getting ducked here

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Don't mind ya opinion, everyone is entitled. Me? I'm always ambivalent to the very last second...

Roguey doesn't always take likely to swearing though. Just a friendly warning! Big grin

I will be the one to take you down!
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey doesn't always take likely to swearing though. Just a friendly warning!

Indeed.. its not really required above.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Roguey doesn't always take likely to swearing though. Just a friendly warning!
- RandomTank

Oh, man. Really? Makes me kinda glad I didn't post every chapter of Way of the Gun to the blogs section then Big grin

On topic: No, I have not, nor will I be pre-ordering Rebirth. For one thing, every post I've read on the ES boards today openly slates the demo (Ego's BIG REVEAL, *sigh*), for another, all info to date suggests I'd have to buy/build a new machine just to be able to run it. Er...no. Not again. Did it for TC, I'm not laying out that kinda money just to play the new one, thanks you!

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh, man. Really? Makes me kinda glad I didn't post every chapter of Way of the Gun to the blogs section then Big grin

Well im not that bothered by swearing normally, only when its used excessively or doesnt really add much (ie. using them for the sake of things). It gets me that parents moan at seeing them words, yet they are fine with them playing game where they kill people. I feel sometimes things can have a double-standard; in all things swearing isnt too bad just that its not always needed.

Anyway... I think the post is going a little off-course... well I am anyway Smile

Nice poll by the way... a forum full of X fans and only 33% are buying the game right away lol
- BarrenEarth

True, although if you look the amount votes, they are kind-of low. To get fair poll it needs a lot more votes. I could post the poll on my x-rebirth site and see if we get a few more votes.

Dont mind ya opinion, everyone is entitled. Me? Im always ambivalent to the very last second...
- RandomTank

I feel the same, as long it doesnt turn into just a bashing-feast (saying everything crap for no reason). Its good to see/hear others opinions on things, otherwise whats the point of a forum?

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Apologize for the language my friend, thank you for edited it. And Opinions are the best because always agreeing would end up being a personal blog and not a forum LOL

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

And Opinions are the best because always agreeing would end up being a personal blog and not a forum
- BarrenEarth

I totally agree, I find it strange that most people here express their feelings without it turning into a flame-war.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I have also been a bit disheartened by the recent info., seeing more God mode stuff doesn't really tell you much. I'm initially with Kirlack's comment above about another total rebuid....... but they happen in time anyway.
Guessing from what I've read (previously and recently) on the Ego forums .......
1)Some of the people didn't read/believe/understand the stickies......
2)Some are frustrated and impatient so they fancied a rant ......
3)Some of the naysayers will end up buying it anyway.........
4)Lots of us can't afford a new machine straight off, and would have thought they could post accurate specs by now!

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I went ahead and purchased it. I am confident that my machine will handle the game as it can run all the newer games I have tried. However, now that I have seen your all comments about it not being done, I am kinda regretting pre-purchasing it. I guess it will be a, install game and start it out, post what I think here with some vids of game play and then we will see what we see.

To be honest, I have yet to see any game of this size get released with no patches needed or all bugs fixed.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Looking forward to your feedback about this, but the speculation will probably continue in the interim.

I am an Alien!
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=342238&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60

In this thread, CBJ and Bernd came to the rescue... however they just confirmed everything about this game I had issue with, the same things EmperorJon, Chris, Santi and others claimed I was wrong about. Basically, everything I said came to fruition and even some of them are wavering.

I feel bad for people who pre-purchased thinking something that was not true.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks for posting about that. I was interesting to see bernd and cbj reply to some of what was being said. Bernd doesnt often post, as his last set of replies were way back on the 5th July. It will be interesting to see what happens in ask bernd anything tomorrow (dev-chat). I may just snoop around in there, although I reckon the the chat-room will crash. If everything goes well, I will be monitoring things mostly.

I guess from your point-of-view egosoft havnt released hardly any information, and the information they have released has been worrying more than good... plus since all this time, nothing seems of changed. Even know the clock is ticking-down - 2 months, 3 weeks now.

Egosoft said that lots more information was released at gamescom but I saw nothing to be honest (maybe non-nda people saw something new?). A short trailer (most things ive seen in other videos) and 10min closed demo wasnt all that revealing (I havnt even any footage from the demo online - maybe I need to look again).

ps. I want to let you know that I can not answer any direct questions about Rebirth until release (whether its here, on steam or any chat-rooms etc.). Please dont take that as a sign, or influence your decisions. Im not allowed to say either way - good or bad, until Rebirth release.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.