Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

Home Board Index » X: Rebirth » Have you pre-ordered Rebirth?

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Question moved to previous post.

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
RickyDeanHoward

RickyDeanHoward avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I HAD to buy rebirth! I've been waiting for it too long and even if its shite at release its only going to get better

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

I am sure this is not what DS or ES wanted, but it appears the average daily post count in the Rebirth forum is around 1/20th so far this past week as it was the week before. The game has also completely disappeared from the Steam sales list, meaning they didn't even sell 500 copies or so this week. Oh well, there is still the saturday blitz right?!

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Going to go out on a limb here and say the expressed lack of posting from several members and Roguey would entail DevNet5 members just got a working Beta, or at least a new working Beta.

Too bad you guys can't tell us more. My guess is you got download access around Friday night.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

oh, sorry I havnt been posting here much recently - between gaming, building content, testing and planning for xmas (gifts to buy), ive been a bit busy with things. I have started now, cos our post (like many others) gets rather slow near xmas.

as for steam, well Rebirth isnt on any sale price atm. So coupled with that fact space-sim do struggle abit and just had GTA5 out, so that could explain about the lower post counts/activity.

as for the state of X-R, well I cant really comment. However atm dev's, testers, leaders are very busy - which is a good thing; the more which gets done now, should lead to a better result. Just no-one is ready to reveal any solid footage atm.

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Going to go out on a limb here and say the expressed lack of posting from several members and Roguey would entail DevNet5 members just got a working Beta, or at least a new working Beta.

Too bad you guys can't tell us more. ......
- BarrenEarth

as for the state of X-R, well I cant really comment. However atm dev's, testers, leaders are very busy
- Roguey

Thanks for that much. Smile

X-Rebirth is released and there was much rejoicing. Obamacare website developers point and proclaim "Yes, the website and UCA sucks, but we're not the worst,...no, not the worst anymore."
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

40 Days to go to release. Monday Morning is the theoretical cut off for when the game has to be Code Complete and sent to the fabs to be put into boxes. After day 39, the cost of producing game DVDs, printing manuals and content, license codes and getting them out to retailers becomes exponentially more expensive.

If anyone ordered a Collector's Edition, I would be very worried that you are only going to get an apology and a steam key on release day.

Roguey, any more progress on your end? My friends still in DevNet say they just took a step backwards at the end of last week but wouldn't tell me more. Eek

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The release date is definitely getting close now - I guess we are getting near the month stage now. Woh, its kind-of strange in a way - its been so long getting to this point (years of waiting), so now when the release date is dawns so close, its very strange.

as far as I know, there hasnt been any step-backwards just little steps forward. It could be that your friends have read too much into something. I say that because I got a pretty good understanding of the game mechanics now (more than most L5's), and havnt seen anything removed or deleted. Even if the game is finalized (for disc release) its still possible egosoft could work on it before the actual release, via a patch (ive seen other companies do that, not saying that will be the case - ie. LBP1 had a music issue which was fixed in a patch at release).

I just want to add that I dont want to mislead you, or anyone else - I just got to be careful what I say about the game atm, as I respecting egosoft's trust in me. I can only post a tiny amount of the information I know about the game at this time. Hopefully you understand my position, and the reason why I cant answer any of your direct questions about the game. As im sure you got a bucket load of questions, most that I could probably answer. I did see all the questions that bernd got asked on that reddit night. Geez, that as a lot!

In the past I wasnt afraid to post my comments, however now my comments could be careful analysed. Most L5/6's are told to post nothing, however most of them do not run a x-fansite. I do not want this forum controlled by egosoft (and as it stands no mod or dev has any mod rights here), as I always want to keep this open free forum.

So unlike most other L5/6's I have to step-in and correct things where as I see fit (as on the offical forums, CBJ could step in). I guess I havnt had direct confirmation I can do that (CBJ hinted at that, then kind-of backed down). However I do not want this forum to turn into a place where only bad rumours are spread. So ive kind-of took matters into my hands.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Awesome post, even better explanation. I know you are in a hard place, I press you because I care Smile

There are obviously a lot of people with a lot emotionally riding on the success of this game. Egosoft obviously and unfortunately has a lot financially riding on this game. I hope in every way my predictions are wrong, that Rebirth is perfect and that it outsells Minecraft! I guess even if ES is headed down the wrong path it is still better than a world without ES at all.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well it would be a shame if egosoft did die, cos that would be the end of the x-series for good. I would of thought egosot knows this, and are trying to do everything they can to produce the best game possible.

I guess a big developer could step-in (on this genre) we all know what they are like. Its a shame that most space-sims dont receive the same amount of attention of some the big FPS, MMO's titles. I guess star-citizen being a bit of exception although.

I guess its not long now - around 5 weeks before the release.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh boy... don't you sound thrilled Sad

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Over at ES forums a fresh round of bannings where several "naysayers" were banned simply for expressing their concern of the game. Also several mods seem to have taken time off (ones that also were being critical).

The ES forums have devolved into a core group of about 6 posters in a circle jerk all patting each other on the back for expected features that none of them can prove will be in the game and all evidence points to the contrary. Very sad place over there. Eek

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

The German video/interview thread on the Rebirth forums is gone. Disappeared about 4 hours ago. There was a lengthy discussion where Earth Ultimatum was again claiming the video proved you could command capitals from the bridge and see things happening outside stations from the windows.

Then some people pointed out that the station windows had a static backdrop of stars and no ships and it was finally admitted to that there is no "bridge" or walking inside of other ships... then poof, gone.

It came back... missing quite a lot. Nice scrub job ES

rhohltjr

rhohltjr avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I just preordered yesterday from TriSynergy. Maybe they will pre-ship. If not ...I will read what Roguey and the others have to say.....till it arrives.

BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I did end up preordering the steam version of Rebirth... but not for a good reason for Egosoft.

Lets just say some people want to see my un-supportive opinion of the game and they bought me a copy for the expressed purpose of a day 1 review.

This is gonna be awesome Nod

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 »

You need to log-in to post here.