Show us your... fleet

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... fleet

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 12 years ago.

In this thread, share with us what you use as your main ships in X3AP. This my two at the moment:

My main fleet:

Picture

Terran Springblossom and a Split Cobra (with 20 marines on-board)

Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 12 years ago.

ATF Aegir
Yaki Chokaro with Aldrin Spitfyre and ATF Fenrir.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 12 years ago.

My Fleet (14/1/12)
My Fleet (10/2/12)
Argon Minateur (M7M)
Born Megalodon (M2)

Both ships handy, the M2 has ace shielding, but a little less weapon power, only two turrets hold PPCs. The M7 is ace, loe it to pieces (my forth one)

After intense trading and station, I made up about half a billion credits and bought those two and a Titan. Titan was destroyed a few minutes into a battle, Emrgy Jump did not work :O. And after I completed a mission I did not want to go to the last save to get it back. So I let it rest, I sold all my trading things, got rid of all my stations (something I do when I have enough money :P) I have just under a billion credits.

Someone give me a ship to buy.

On this thread we should update our fleets. Put more screen shots in and date them.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Sounds good to keep this has an update thread on our fleets.

I just nicked an Argon Colossus - used all my M7M missiles (it had 10-20 supporting fighters) but did lose like 4 marines. I didnt think a loss of 4 wasnt bad for an M1:

Picture

I have already got the full 20 on my M7M, just waiting to enough missiles for an M2 or M7 now.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

When you capture a ship do your marines automatically come back, or do they need transporting back?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

The marines will stay on the boarded ship if there is enough space, if there not then they eject into space and await pick-up.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I tried to take over a Terran Odin, launched my missiles at it, got it's shields down had to keep firing missiles every so often, but my marines never got through Cry They keep dying.

helfenbein

helfenbein avatar
Level badge Skillguey (7)
Posted 12 years ago.

.Split Elephant
.5 Falcon Haulers
.3 Kestrels
.Claymore
.Split Iguana Vanguard (12 5 star marines)
.Terran Katana

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

I scripted in a new ships to the game the Federation Prometheus Class
I have set the price of the ship to 250million, and will buy it from the ShipYard in Omicron Lyrea, it is an M2 class with a thing called Multi Vector attack mode.

This works with X, the she ship splits from one M2 class to THREE!:D

The price of 250million is fair I think.

**Update- This ship does not work with X3AP... that's annoying.

Relicalchaos

Relicalchaos avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 12 years ago.

I tried to take over a Terran Odin, launched my missiles at it, got it's shields down had to keep firing missiles every so often, but my marines never got through Cry They keep dying.
- bozo64r

"Got Through" into the ship or to main deck to hack the computer?

Firing missile at your target, while sending out marines is equally as dangerous. You have to try and keep your opponent occupied, so they don't shoot down your marines, and while firing your missiles, you don't either. Try launching your marines when your much closer.

Freight scan your target. They could have Internal Security which makes boarding even harder. You'd have to "fry" the Odins Equipment.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

"Got Through" into the ship or to main deck to hack the computer?
- Relicalchaos

Getting past the weapon fire, if I get to close the Odin's heavy weapons can wipe me out in seconds.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Well I use flails to hold the shields down of large ships until the marines get onto deck 1, after that you do not need to fire any-thing. Flails are also good for cannon folder too, and feel improve the odds of the marines reaching the ship unharmed. I did notice that large ships need their shields under 5%! which is fairly easy with flails - although takes a quite a lot of them.

ps. I do remmeber Multi Vector mode from star-trek. It was great seeing it although I always wondered if the ship wasn't stronger as 1 ship?

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Your text goes here..
ps. I do remmeber Multi Vector mode from star-trek. It was great seeing it although I always wondered if the ship wasnt stronger as 1 ship?
- Roguey

The multi vector attack mode, is basically cannon fodder, instead of one ship to fight you have three. In the X games, each section has either 8 or 10 GJ of shields. Altogether is 10GJ.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 12 years ago.

Surely the ship should be stronger as one ship rather than 3? Confused

jccpsc

jccpsc avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

My favorit ship in my fleet is my Vidar 01
Because I manage so far to over tune it to a speed of 480 ms and a rudder of 37 rpm s just by lookink for hiden containers on Pirats sectors wich have engine tunings and rudder optimisatios.
Every time I find one of those I call My Vidar and catche it.

A vidar that fast is almost invincible with ten MAN lanchers and 1Gj shield and 480 ms you don't want to mess with it.

JCC

jccpsc

jccpsc avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 12 years ago.

Hi bozo64r

- bozo64r

In x3TC you'd need to have all marine at 5 stars to manage to board it.
In X3Ap I have'nt try it yet. But to cap a Q I wasted more than 60 average marines.

One advise to cap an ATF M1 or M2 .
You'll need to have 20 marines all 5 Stars
Before iniciate it scan it to see if they have "Hull polarising Device" instaled, If so then don't try it because the chaces of your marines to penetrate the hull are almost null even with all 5 stars.

Good luck

JCC

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.