Show us your... fleet

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... fleet

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 11 years ago.

i finally got a M6, it is a Springblossom and he is doing ST near the Paranid and Argon border, and that bring me to 54 ships in total (12 are Adv. Sat's.)

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess Springblossom's are good at sector trading, due to the high speed and good cargo-bay space. How would you say it compares to a TS at sector trading?

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

since i got it and had it ST within 2 hours it jumped my Paranid rank up from Unholy Nomand To Priest Confidante, so they work good for me and comparing it to another ST i have in a split sector it is about twice as good, while it has less cargo space then a TS it makes it up with its immense speed that it has (About 3X more speed than most TS's, and i think it left me a message saying for 100 runs he had already made me 10 mil. - cost of fully armed/tuned spring 7 mil (ish) = 3mil in profitsssss, the only down side is the cost of the Spring other than that they make good ST's in my game

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

I guess the speed with the shield also means you wont lose it too easily either. I wonder why Ego gave it such high speed?

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

To fit with the lore of the Aldrin sectors. They had to manage in huge sectors without jump tech, so all their ships are fast. I think this is even mentioned in the description for the Spitfyre.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Heavily modified from older Terran fighter designs, the Spitfyre appears to perform the same role as its predecessors.

Typical for all Aldrin ship designs, which had to operate in space with no jumpgates or trans-orbital accelerators, the designers had to put all their resources and efforts into getting as much power from its engines as humanly possible, to reduce the travel time between planets and stations. When the gate to Aldrin was made operational and this ship appeared to a wide audience, every government was shocked by how easily this ship surpassed their own M3 designs.

from the X3 wiki

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

my fleet just expanded by 20 TS that are slated for CAG/CLS Duty's, put in 12 Mines (8 ore and 4 Silicon) 1 PSP complex (2 PSP station), 1 Large Protein Paste complex (3 M, 1 L Size) 1 EPMC Complex (2 EMPC Factory's), 1 SSC, 1 USC Food Factory L, 1 Shadow Factory, 1 Poltergeist Factory, 1 M/AML factory, and it only cost about 60mil for the ships/Stations and another 20 mill to fund the stations with 1 mill each

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh I see, although there is no other M6 that fast (so the Springblossom does stick out)... I always thought that the Aldrin sector was too big.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

thats why the springblossom is so fast because of Aldrin lore no Accelerators or Gates you needed speed to get to the other planets and Stations in different sectors, since you needed speed to reach the things before you turned old lol

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

now i am debating weather to get a Skirnir or not.....

BluManu

BluManu avatar
Level badge Noguey (0)
Posted 11 years ago.

Quick question: How do i set fighters up to protect my UT's? I cant seem to figure out how to do it.

Seygantte

Seygantte avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

The fighter needs Fight Command Software Mk1, and then it's just Commands->Combat->Protect. Remember that if the UT is going to be jumping, then the fighter will need to be able to as well or it'll get left behind.

ಠ_ರೃ My monocle and I disapprove ♋
JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

so your best bet would to not have fighters protect your UT's, they will get there own fighter drones to protect them also

suzukigsxr

suzukigsxr avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 11 years ago.

Evening Guys

Can't show you my Fleet its too big Big grin but as most know i have 5 kyoto's 27 Xenon I's 2 Valhalla's, 2 Megalodon's 7 Xenon J's 1 Xenon K,3 Osaka's, Millions of Brigatines, Lots of others too.

JackKiller2266

JackKiller2266 avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

@suzukigsxr

love your icon there

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.