Show us your... fleet

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Show us your... fleet

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 11 years ago.

woh, you got a lot of M3's there red. What do you plan to do with them all?

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Level badge Instruguey (13)
Posted 11 years ago.

I suspect he use them as fooders.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
BarrenEarth

BarrenEarth avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

Me... I just use dozens of Kestrels. And a Elephant.

You see, I like to watch the AI blow apart a big asteroid and have the TL pick up the rocks.

:lol LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Oh i forgot before i forget my fleet after i beated the game here is my fleet (AP is modded: Cadius Shippack and my custom jobs + scripts).

The fleet:

M2/M2+ :
2 Taipan M2+ Split
5 Xenon I
2 Xenon K
1 Xenon Z
2 Daedalus M2+ Argon
1 Valhalla
2 Kyoto's

M1:
5 Xenon J (All M3's maxed and docked on each one + Valhalla + Xenon Z) so i dont exactly remember how much M3's i got...ALOT

M7,M7+ (Cruiser) and M7M's:

M7: 2 x Split Wolf, 2 x Split Achynonix, 2 x Split Tiger and 4 Tresher's
M7+: 10 x Xenon C, 4 x Split Adder
M7M: 4 Cobras

M8: 10 x Auster Hauler

TM: 2 x Elephant and 1 x Aran

TS: 10 x Mistral's

As always ive began my campaign as Bankrupt Assassin because i like challange.
Ill start playing soon vanilla so i hope ill finish it quickly.

In the moment when I truly understand my enemy, understand him well enough to defeat him, then in that very moment I also love him.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

As always ive began my campaign as Bankrupt Assassin because i like challange.

I like the challenge too, but I started a Terran Commander and not yet reached a big fleet, just an ATF Aegir, couple of corvettes, a TL and some smaller ships.

Ill start playing soon vanilla so i hope ill finish it quickly

You might want to wait untill AP 3.0 so as not to waste time as I hope the 3.0 update (vanilla) will be interesting?

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Idk maybe it will Smile looking forward for 3.0 btw when it will be released?

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

As for the release date of AP 3.0, it seems that Egosoft themselves doesn't know but I guess its about just few weeks or maybe couple of months as it was supposed to be released in the first quarter of this year (Q1 2013) as they said Smile

It does not matter what we were in the past but what we are now, what we do and what we are going to be, our destiny.
XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Forgive me for my lazyness but can you describe what's new in that update? Is it maybe AP Community project or its Egosoft's work?

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Ripskar

Ripskar avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 11 years ago.

It is the Community Project, the Alpha was done here.
Currently in Beta on the Egosoft forum.
There are a couple of new plots, ships and sectors.
I'm steering clear of the details as I don't want to ruin the surprises for myself and I'm not expecting to be in position to do any meaningful testing myself for 3 weeks.

Somewhere out there is a Cobra Mk III with my name on it.
It isn't mine, some rando actually wrote my name across the side of his ship...
iFleet

iFleet avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 11 years ago.

Fleet:

M2
1x Kyoto - Yamato
3x Osaka - Yamashiro, Fuso, Hyuga
Backed up by 6 Wraith factories

M6
3x Springblossoms - Kikka, Tachibana, Rekka - this is my heavy fighter wing on the Kyoto
1x Katana - Halberd - Utility ship with tractor beam

M7
1x Skirnir - Kongo - Usually does most of the killing, backed up by a dedicated supply ship and 12 Shadow factories
1x Maccana - Hosho - experimenting with fighter wings, but it's been a costly and somewhat dissapointing investment so far. Carries 10 Fenrirs.

Others
1x TL
20 odd Hayabusa and other misc alliance TS

I usually fly my own springblossom into battle and let it do artillery spotting while M7 take out the Argon M1 and M2s from the opposite end of the map. Once that is taken care of, I let the M2s do the mopping up of any remaining M6 and M7s, mostly to conserve Shadow missiles.

I am struggling a bit with the Maccana. I built 12 EMPC factories and 6 25MJ factories just so I can crank out 1 fully equipped Fenrir's each hour, and it took forever to fill one M7C. I don't even want to think about doing another 50 for a Tokyo class. And then, a few die per engagement, doing 5million plus one hour of work of damage per plane lost. M1 users, how do you get over that? Doesn't Springblossoms used as heavy fighters do a much better job mowing down AI fighters?

Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

As for Terran Fleets, I rely on capital ships (Vidar, Katana, Vali, Springblossom and bigger ships) and use the fighters only for one or two M1 (and/or M2+ Valhalla, read below)

Also note that some of the ships can dock M6 corvettes, M8 bombers and TS, TP and TM transporters (and fighters of course), examples:

Maccana, yes M7Cs can carry corvettes & transporters
Kyoto, can carry up-to 6
Valhalla, can carry 10 corvettes (and others) plus 50 fighters. But I'm not sure, as I haven't tried the Valhalla yet. Could someone confirm this info? Smile

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yes it does. But vanilla Valhalla is bugged so i recommand you Cadius XTRA Shippack.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

XeNoN, talking about mods, have you tried the XRM? if not, why?

If you tried XRM, tell me about it, did you like this mod? Smile

XeNoN

XeNoN avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Yea ive tried it, i liked it mainly because of new weapons and overall balance but downside for me was that battle's lasted too long, so ive created/copied some weapons from XRM for personal use, anyway also ive created a mod that ennhances all races (higher shield rates, weapon damage slightly increased and few my custom ships) but i sailed from the topic xD, anyway if you like balance and nice tweaks, some new ships i recommand it! Its worth dl'ing.

-Andrew Ender Wiggin
Raptor

Raptor avatar
Posted 11 years ago.

Thanks Smile
I'll consider that XRM but not before some more vanilla first, and I really hope the AP 3.0 Update will be enough and not needing mods. Bash the wall

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.