Station Selling Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station Selling Issue

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, I'm kinda feeling the itch to play AP, with the new plots especially, but it'd mean a Steam connection and that's not really practical for me Cry

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Kirlack.........Steam impractical......?
You will like the plotline missions ......... and it could be another community game!

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It's only impractical because I use a mobile broadband dongle for my connection. Were it not for that, I'd probably have tried AP out by now.

Notorious

Notorious avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hello there! I hope you don't mind me asking a question related to the thread topic, as it seems very fitting to my problem. I've done a pretty good job in finding answers to my questions with google, but for this one, I have yet to find any answers.

To the issue: I have an Ore Mine in Herron's Nebula (well, actually two), with max jumps set to 4. I see a couple of Quantum Tube Fabs in Bala Gi's Joy (exactly 4 jumps away), buying ore for a lucrative price of 205. My station traders however refuse to sell the ore there, but instead happily sell their freight around the Argon space for far less profit. I tried playing around with the station parameters, but no solution. I even tried setting the min selling price to exactly 205 credits and then it tells me there's a station 6 jumps away buying ore for this price. Why won't my station even consider going to Bala Gi's Joy as there are actually two QT Fabs buying ore for 205 credits? The Fabs aren't mad at me as I am well able to dock there myself and sell resources from my own ship.

EDIT:
And right after sending this I waited to see where the station would send my trader with the price set to 205 and max jumps 6. Take a guess? Bala Gi's Joy. Now what I don't understand is why instead of taking the route Argon Prime - The Wall - The Hole - Atreaus' Clouds - Farnham's Legend - Bala Gi's Joy, it doesn't want to take the 4 sector route The Hole - Atreaus' Clouds - Farnham's Legend - Bala Gi's Joy. It's like it doesn't want to take the East Gate in Herron's Nebula.

EDIT2:
Ok, it's already getting ridiculous with these edits, but the funniest part is that it's happily returning to base using the shortest route. However my Ore Mine is still insisting on it being 6 jumps away. The same problem appears with both of my Ore stations. It seems to me that this is a bug.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

There are a few places in the game where there's a slight glitch on jump distances. The one I've noticed most often is around Avarice (the unknown sector between Montalaar and New Income). I tend to get around it by jumping to the gate in the adjacent sector and then flying through, but that's not an option for your AI traders. I suspect it's caused by the way the universe map is built, but that doesn't help you think of a solution.

The best thing I can suggest if you really want to make those sales to Bala Gi's, is to set up a CLS freighter. If you're not sure how CLS works look for my guide either on the Egosoft boards or here on Roguey's Smile

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

You need to log-in to post here.