Station Selling Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station Selling Issue

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

So I guess I need to capture a cobra but would I use the Tiger with a TP or the Corvette with the TP? I dont see the corvette being able to hold its own. All of the marines I have now are at 4* Engineering. and I am working on the other skills but will wait till it is all at 4. I am sorry for asking stupid questions, there are a ton of capping instructions I know, its just I have not been able to get the finer details. I can take on a carrack with the corvette and live (mostly) but I know I could not stay in a sustained fight with it.

Well I was able to make it to the IBL Forge but they do not want me to dock...what to do, what to do....

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

(unless you've already really pissed them off, in which case you'll need to run some convoy hits for the odd random Yaki you see in race controlled sectors)

So hitting the convoy missions, how will I know if these are from Yaki people? and yes, I really have pissed them off lol.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

You can deplete the shields with the Tiger and board with a TP, but it's a pain in the bum. You NEED 20 marines, as the more you have, the more likely they are to survive and the more likely they are to cap the ship. You can do that, but I would recommend what Kirlack said earlier: Only use TP's to board a M7M, then use the M7M for any further boarding Ops, as its a hell of a lot easier. If you do that, just use Kirlacks WOTG DiD as a guide when he capped his Cobra, and you'll be fine.
How I got my Cobra (and my Minotaur and Gannet which I have now sold) was to do the trick of keeping the ship with the abandoned ship missions. This allows you to get a M7M with no money and not as much fuss, but you don't decide which one you get! You should install one script called Enhanced Briefings, as that will tell more about a mission, (like in convoy hits who the ships are owned by; in station defends who is attacking the station; and in sector patrols what enemies will spawn) but most importantly, this script will show what ship you have to return to that station! So that means you can just hunt for one that gives you a M7M!!!

It's pretty simple to know if they're Yaki, as you will see a lone Yaki fighter (possible names: Yaki Rajin or Yaki Fujin Sentinel) in a any sector offering a Combat mission, it will always be a convoy hit, and sometimes they pay very well!

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

If you do that, just use Kirlacks WOTG DiD as a guide when he capped his Cobra, and you'll be fine.
- RandomTank

Is it wierd that I feel incredibly proud reading that? Wink

It's pretty simple to know if they're Yaki, as you will see a lone Yaki fighter (possible names: Yaki Rajin or Yaki Fujin Sentinel) in a any sector offering a Combat mission, it will always be a convoy hit, and sometimes they pay very well!
- RandomTank

The payout depends on two things: the rated difficulty of the mission, and your combat rank. At Assassin or higher you can expect a 'very hard' convoy hit to pay 2 million per ship, easily. That's potentially 8 million creds for one mission Big grin

Now, mods. I personally use the Enhanced Briefings (or sometimes called 'Mission Text Fix') that Tank mentioned, it's very good, and can make it a hell of a lot easier to pick the 'right' missions for your character. Don't like the Paranid? look for a pirate/Yaki station defence that targets them :p I'm also a huge fan of CODEA (advanced carrier management) and MARS (auto weapon switching for turrets, plus a few other really cool features).

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks guys. I have been keeping the ships from the ship retrieval missions and storing that at the hub. I do have the enhanced missions script and the MARS. I just found out what CODEA is, it looks very good! I am going to make a special save and try this out with an "easy" defend mission and see how this application works.

I will keep an eye out for the Cobra while I train another 10 marines. Thanks for the help! and no Kirlack it isn't weird to feel proud, you did an awesome job!

Oh take a look at this Picture and tell me if these were not the best buys that I thought they were.

Another question, how do you get rid of equipment from a ship that you dont want? Like the seta equipment, I have it in most of my fighters and now I want to get rid of it.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Pffffffff wow! Those are amazing prices, dat Dragon!! Normally they are 7.5mill! The Caiman SFXL's are about 1.5 mill, so that's a really good deal too! Lucky bugger...

Is it weird that I feel incredibly proud reading that?
- Kirlack

Nah, you should feel proud of that; how you carried out that cap was textbook, and should provide a perfect example for other players!

Another question, how do you get rid of equipment from a ship that you don't want? Like the SETA equipment, I have it in most of my fighters and now I want to get rid of it.
- redheart

It's not really meant to be possible to sell; the only way of selling it is to transfer to ship you are about sell at a shipyard, and when you do it will give you 50% of the software's value. The only other way of getting rid of software is to eject it onto space and destroy it/leave it to de-spawn, but of course you don't get any money that way!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, I usually just transfer any important equipment to another ship I intend to keep/use and just sell on the hull with whatever extensions/software were left behind. When you're selling freighters the difference in price is quite obvious, but when you get up to selling stolen/capped M1/2/7 you barely notice the price change for extensions Wink

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

OMG lol..uh I cant get my station to KEEP any of the computer components as...they keep selling them!! and uh...at HIGHEST PRICE too lol.....is there a way to stop it from selling them? lol....

Also, how do you use a lasertower? I constructed the laser tower factory and it made a laser tower, I took it out and ejected it between the gate and my factory complex but I am not sure what to do with it. The thing has some slots for commands but there are nothing showing up. Is it an automated platform and will just begin to attack enemys that are red? I have it set to show enemys as my enemys.

bozo64r

bozo64r avatar
Level badge Miltaguey (15)
Posted 10 years ago.

@redheart - Turn off 'Other races can trade with this station'

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you Bozo. I forgot about that one option.

And yet here is a CLS issue I can not seem to figure out.
I have a CLS pilot status Logistician and yet for some reason he is not following my commands. If someone could just take a look and tell me what I am programming wrong I would really appreciate it as I have not been able to fix this for over
two days.

I want the trader to do the following: take energy to all four mines and bring back the ore and sillicon from the mines.

Waypoints are the following:
1- Multiplex Hub - source for energy and collection of Ore and Sillicon
2- Ore Alpha
3- Ore Beta
4- Sillicon Alpha
5- Sillicon Beta

You can see my detailed trader waypoints Picture

I have the command to unload all energy first each time it docks at the multiplex so that it doesnt keep adding additional energy to what is left over from the last waypoint. I want to keep my mines topped off with energy and as empty of ore as I can. Yes, it would be easier to use two CLS for this, one to supply energy and the other to empty the mines but I want to use this as best as I can to maximize my profits. Now I assume that when it hits the last command it would just restart at number 1, I may be wrong but I dont see my other CLS traders stopping each time like this one does.

Once again, I thank you all for your assistance.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Not entirely sure, but I would ditch the unloading 10325 E-cells every time he docks at the Multiplex (Multi Factory Complex); instead, if you ask him to load 'up to 5000' energy cells; he shouldn't add any on the top. Say if he can only unload 2500 energy cells at Ore mine alpha, he should head back to the multiplex and only pick up another 2500 energy cells to fill up to 5000.

But to be honest, you could save a lot of hassle by towing the mines closer with a tractor beam and attaching them to the Multiplex, then it sorts itself out completely without needing any external input, all you would need to do is to switch Ore and Silicon to be a Product if you want to sell/use it for other stations.

Another point: Aren't you going to join the Community save Redheart? You could get some ideas from how we lay out our complexes!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I didn't know you could tow the entire mine to the complex...awesome..now I will do that. And I don't know if I am "good" enough to join in the community save. I would be afraid that I would screw it up or lose something. lol.

Now..how do you use this thing? lol. I will figure it out I am sure.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yup, you can't tow normal asteroids, but as soon as you put a mine on it, you can! Weird, I know...

What thing? The Tractor Beam? Pretty simple stuff really; It has range of about 2km, but if you get about 4-5km away from the mine (as they are much larger than normal station) and then fire it at it. When you fire it, it should shoot a purple beam, but if it hits a ship/station, a large Green beam will appear; when this happens, a 'Link' between your ship and the station has been created, and it will now follow you as long as the link is active. It doesn't matter what direction you were facing when you shot the beam, it will follow behind your ship whichever way you go; you are limited to max speed of 80m/s while towing, but be careful as the station still follows the laws of momentum, so if you take a corner too quickly or too late, it can end up drifting around you or sliding into another station. Its pretty simple once you get the hang of it, which doesn't take long; and whenever you want to stop towing, just shoot the Tractor Beam again into empty space, and it will break the link.

Nah, you'd be fine in the Com-save! Remember, it's not a DiD, so whenever you muck something up or die (don't worry, we all do it!) you can just revert to an older save. I'd think you would learn a lot from it; but if you really don't want to, that's fine with me! It's your choice after all...

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Good point about towing ore mines Random Tank, but I like to leave a few mines for fairly safe CLS2 pilot training, you can reassign logisticians to more worthwhile tasks and set a couple of new ones to train. I then add in a couple of captured traders as miners and add them to their waypoint lists as 1) I don't have any other use for them, and 2) The stations CAG has lots of minerals to sell for clear profit.

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So how do you a.not have your turrets attack stations that are red to you. and b. is an ore asteroid at 51% worth installing a mine on? Well I hope so as I stuck some on 50%, 52% and 57%.c. When you purchase a ship, do you choose s,m,or l? I understand that the L would give you the best but is it worth the price increase? Would it be cheaper to outfit the ship yourself?

I have been busy working on getting my 20 marines leveled up so I can attempt to take either a Cobra or a Panther for my fleet..I still need to work on getting some good weapons for my tiger so that will mean taking on the task of boarding a Carrack a few times, busy busy busy...

OMG, why is it SO hard to find pirates? I even flew to a few of the pirate stations and though they were not red to me, there were NONE flying around. How do you all find the pirate ships that you need to train the marines in fighting? And I thought I asked this before but what weapons do you use to kill the ships guns and firewall and such? I thought it was Ion Disruptor but I cant use that on the tiger or dragon or corvette or lol....

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.