Station Selling Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station Selling Issue

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well since I am trusted by the races at this time, I could throw some creds into obtaining the needed factories now since there have been more, uh clashes, with the Paranid. Someone that is inside the military at a trusted rank such as my character would be more informed about talks of war then the normal terran would see on the news flicks.

I also forgot to mention that I have the following two ships. The Terran Claymore (obtained through Terran plot) and a Teladi Peregrine (obtain by pilot ejecting). I am troubled about the Peregrine as it may be on the wanted list of any locals but I hear rumors of people being able to replace the IR signature on ships. Though I do like the stats of the Claymore except the Peregrine is able to tote better weapons or I could just sell them both off and then purchase one of the ships that you mentioned Kirlack.

What are your thoughts?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

In terms of sheer destructive capability, the Claymore is the better ship. The downside, is that the Phantom missiles it relies on are harder to source than the tomohawks you'd need for the Peregrine. It might be worth keeping until you can buy Terran stations, but you could sell it on now for a quick cash injection (M8s tend to sell for ~3-5 million), and buy a new one at a later stage in the game.

In my experience it's worth keeping at least one bomber in your standard fleet, just in case there's any problematic capital ships toting around.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I like the stats of the Claymore over the Peregrine also, is it possible for me to purchase the factory to build the Phantom missiles from Terran? What is the best M8 to have? Right now neither of the bombers are fitted out as good as they should be and just sitting at one of my stations.

As I read your story you mention alot in it that the pilot will call in another ship to collect the cargo floating around in space so she is free to keep pirating, is that something you can do in game or is that just part of the fiction in the story?

And finally, I am really thinking about purchasing or "acquiring" an elephant to have so I can purchase the needed factories from the paranid while I can as I can see that they will be turning hostile against my pilot in the future. Is this a good idea? I figure it would be easier if I had one instead of trying to find one to hire. Could not locate one in Mars for anything.

Also, I have three marines but....I cant find them on any of my ships. Is there any way I can locate where they are?

Thanks for all the help. I will try to stop bugging with the questions lol.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I like the stats of the Claymore over the Peregrine also, is it possible for me to purchase the factory to build the Phantom missiles from Terran? What is the best M8 to have? Right now neither of the bombers are fitted out as good as they should be and just sitting at one of my stations.
- redheart

Once you can buy Terran station there are still a few missile fabs you can't get. I don't remember exactly which ones though, so I'm not sure if you can get Phantom missile fabs or not. I tend to stick with Commonwealth ships rather than Terran.

As I read your story you mention alot in it that the pilot will call in another ship to collect the cargo floating around in space so she is free to keep pirating, is that something you can do in game or is that just part of the fiction in the story?
- redheart

Nope, that's an in-game feature Smile Fit out a freighter with Special Command Software and the command 'collect cargo in sector' will be added to that ship's commands menu Smile Very handy, usually works best when you're out of sector.

And finally, I am really thinking about purchasing or "acquiring" an elephant to have so I can purchase the needed factories from the paranid while I can as I can see that they will be turning hostile against my pilot in the future. Is this a good idea? I figure it would be easier if I had one instead of trying to find one to hire. Could not locate one in Mars for anything.
- redheart

Any TL will do, the Elephant is popular because it's cheapest (17 million odd), and it can carry a huge 14 fighters Smile You won't find one in Terran space though, you'll need to head into Split territory for an Elephant. And yeah, getting a few Paranid factories whilst you can might be a good idea Smile

Also, I have three marines but....I cant find them on any of my ships. Is there any way I can locate where they are?
- redheart

Have you looked in your property menu? There's a tab in there that's just for personnel. If they're not showing there then you might have lost them transferring a Cargo Life Support system from the ship they were on (which causes instant death to marines, so watch out for this!).

Thanks for all the help. I will try to stop bugging with the questions lol.
- redheart

LOL. Don't worry mate, that's part anf parcel of being an X fan, new players ask lots of questions :p Give it some time and it'll be your posting up answers to a newbie Big grin

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ask as many questions as you want, because if you don't ask, you won't know, and you could end up doing something bad that could have been avoided!

As for the best M8... well, as Kirlack said, Phantom's are so hard to source in decent numbers so it makes a Claymore kind of... unusable; so out of the Commonwealth M8's I would suggest the Viper (if you can get past the way it looks!) as it is very fast, but does lack slightly in the shielding department; my personal favourite M8 is the Hades, as they are quite easy to obtain as pirates regularly have them for station defense missions, they have a decent speed, shields and cargo bay, and look skexy as hell!!

One ship I use VERY regularly is the Caiman Super Freighter XL, as it is reasonably fast (90m/s) with over 10,000 units of cargo, and are quite cheap too! I use these for everything, such as a cargo collector ship, manual traders, jump-capable resupply ships or Universal Trader's (if you don't know what UT's are, look up about Command Software Mk3, it makes a freighter into a NPC trader that works for you, buying products for as cheap as possible, then selling for as much as possible, gving you the profitsssssss, and are great for earning cash early in the game!)

Me and Kirlack both share a similar view that most of the Terran's weapons (especially the EMPC) are pretty crap, so most of the time we'll recommend a ship, it won't be Terran. That doesn't mean don't buy them, they are still very good, it's just that we think that Commonwealth ones are better (well, have better weaponry at least!)

I will be the one to take you down!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you so much you two. I really have begun to learn a lot more lol. I have been using the http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/ships/compare.phpParanid Demeter Super Freighter but now that I am looking at them both side by side, I am thinking of switching to the Split Caiman Super Freighter X. It lacks one less shield but it is much faster and I notice that they really don't use all of the cargo space they have so it is wasting.

I did purchase the Elephant so now I will begin to snag the paranid factories that I will need. I am thinking that when my character goes privateer, it may be good if the ships that they fly are not terran make so that the paranid doesn't know.

I have found out how to use the special commands so I have an M3 following me around cleaning up after I am done Smile. I will switch that out for a fast TS but I want to get one from commonwealth. Just need to figure out...what are commonwealth? I have been playing with a few mods (marine trainer,point defense, and two that stops the GOD from deleting terran stations) but I have not heard of commonwealth yet, EDIT.oh that are the other races, commonwealth is a blanket term for them. Got it!

I will try to snag a couple of the Hades now. I just need to stop blowing them up before they bail, or give them a chance to bail at least. lol. What ships do you use for the TP? I would think you would want one that is fast to get in and dump the marines and out of the battle area so it wont get blown up.

Now about the marines, I show 3 marines on my personnel sheet but they are out on a boarding op. I wonder if they are stuck in space.....in the first terran mission where you cap that huge ship. I will keep a look out in space lol.

Ok now we have talked about bombers, what weapons would you recommend on them? I have seen you all talking about many different ones and I understand the need for at least two separate laser types, one to take down shields and another to take down the hulls. With the terran weapon EMPC it does both of these but hits the hull harder then I would like and is slow to me.

Thanks and yes I will continue to ask questions.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yup, I think the Caiman SFXL is awesome, I have about 10 at the minute, just running weapons and collecting loot! Good choice on getting the Elephant, its very flexible, it can take the heavy missiles (Hornets, Typhoons, Firestorms) which means it has the power to take on an M7! It also carries a station or 2, so is good for starting up stations/complexes, and also works reasonably well as a Poor Man's Carrier! A good fighter squadron to put in it is some Solanos for an M4, or some Nova Raiders, Mamba Raiders or Falcon Haulers for an M3.

TP? Well, it doesn't matter too much, as boarding from a TP is a pain in the bum, but they are useful for ferrying/storing your Marines, I usually find that Iguana Vanguards are good for transporting Marines as they are very fast, storing Marines i'll use a Toucan (or a Toucan Hauler if I can get it) as they are not too slow but have a large cargo, but i'd have to say that the best 2 Boarding TP's have gotta be the Advanced Express, as it's fast, well shielded, decent cargo bay and is agile, but the top dog is the Angel, as it has the same good points as the Express, but also has a massive cargo bay, and can take Ions as well, which is awesome!

Dunno about those marines anyway, it should tell you what sector they are in though (probably Aldrin or something), so have a sniff around.

Weapons on bombers? Well, to be brutally honest, it doesn't really matter. The main reason for the bomber is for Barraging Tomahawks, which will destroy pretty well anything it fires at, and the only reason why they have weapons on the rear turret is for missiles defense, so something like an IRE, PAC or the best being the PBE will work fine. Most of the time you'll use your bomber, you'll order it to jump in, launch a barrage, then jump it back out, so weapons is not a big issue. Having the high shield damage then switching to the high hull damage weapons is much more important on personal M3's and M4's, to kill you targets quickly and efficiently. Happy to help!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Lol yea I thought about my question later on and knew I had messed it up. What I ment was what weapons do you recommend for your personal ships? Seeing as I have no experience at all with commonwealth ships I will be trying to obtain one of them next. It will need to be a fighter fast enough to catch up to my target but good shields and firepower that will help me take out heavy fighters. I'm thinking of a skate but with no xp on anything I am leary.

Your opinion on good fighter and the weapons to fit it out with please. Credits are no problem as I will save what I need to in order to get my pirateer set up.

Also if you dont use the tp to cap ships, what type of ships do you use to cap ships with marines?

As always, I thank you very much for your time and expertise.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah, the old question, which is the best personal fighter? Well, there is a very broad selection to choose from, as you may have seen, but for this, i'll leave out any M4+'s or worse, as most can't really deal with an M6. So that leaves with the M3+'s and a few select M3's....

I'll do it in order:
The Eclipse is a great ship, it works like a Tank because it is sooo difficult to kill, has a good cargo bay and it has decent weapons compatibility, including PRG's in the turrets, which is good as they are pretty effective at swatting M5's and missile defense, and are a clear upgrade to the PAC, but the downside of the Eclipse is the speed, its quite slow for general flying about.
The Skate is good, pretty jack of all trades in most departments apart from maybe shielding, which is a tiny bit lacking for an M3+ of that speed, the perfect use for it is supporting Boarding Ops because of the sheer amount of Ions it can take, but IMO everything else it can do, the Chimera can do better.
Onto the Chimera, its a very good ship, not the hardest to kill, but bloody hell does it hit hard, it's got a very good generator, it's damn quick, it can mount PBE's, which absolutely destroy shields on M6's and less, and because it can take them in the turrets it make an amazing missile defense too!
The Medusa is good, it fits the same sort of niche as the Eclipse as all of it's stats are the same/slightly better apart from shielding, which is half, it can't take PRG's, but can take PBE's, but only on the front (but that's still really good!)
The Kea... I wouldn't recommend, as it is worse than the Eclipse in every way apart from cargo space.
The Pirate M3+'s are pretty average, good for an M3, but don't really compare to most other M3+. The Pirate Kea isn't bad as a support ship with a nice large cargo bay, but don't use it as a personal, it's too slow
The Tenjin is very good, but I'm not a fan. Compared to the Chimera, it loses the PBE's in the turrets, a bit of Cargo space and a small chunk of it's generator to mount 1 additional gun on the front; some people like that trade, I don't. It looks sooooooooooo frikking good though, i'll give it that!
And I've left it till last..... The LX. This. ship. is. a. BEAST! Just for sheer killing power, it outmatches everything else in it's class, being able to take PBE's AND HEPT's (!) in it's turrets, plus the fact it has the biggest generator in its class too! It's also got a nice big cargo baya and nice shielding! It is a tad on the slow side, bit it's main disadvantage is getting one, you can't buy them, they are super rare, and are super unlikely to bail when you find one. They also hurt like hell, even to an M6! I have do have 1, but I have ONE.

Thats it for the Commonwealth M3+'s that you can easily access (apart from the LX, but I had to include it), but thats not all you can pick from; there are a LOAD of M3's to pick from, but most are kicked out by the fact that there is an M3+ that does what they do, but better. There are a few exceptions though:
The Notus Hauler is a fantastic M3 that was missed off the M3+ list, as it fits their stats. It's got similar stats to the Eclipse in fact, the only difference being a speed increase, a shield decrease and a cargo bay decrease; so call it the Eclipse Raider if you want! It is very rare though...
The Venti is probably... no just IS my favourite M3. It's not the best, having a bad generator for that amount of guns, not the biggest cargo bay to store ammo and is quite time consuming to get, but it hits REAL hard mounting 10 EBC's, and that's why I love it! It's pretty quick for having 100mJ of shields too, faster than all of the M3+'s!
The Mamba, or more specifically, the Mamba Raider! This ship is quick. I mean VERY quick, being the 3rd fastest M3, the two faster being the Spitfyre (no commonwealth weps!) and the Susanowa Prototype (which is only 1m/s quicker, doesn't have a rear turret, can't have as many types of weapon and is almost impossible to obtain). This ship has bad shields, but can avoid a helluva lot of fire with it's speed and agility, if you like that sort of thing!
The Blastclaw Prototype is a good personal because of it's incredibly roomy cargo bay, good amount of turret weaponry, not too bad speed, good shielding and good generator. Its doesn't have the most guns on the front, but it isn't too difficult to obtain as there are quite a few flying about, just watch out for those PBG's!
The final ship I wanna mention is that Susanowa Raider, as it is easy to get from Yaki space, has a fantastic speed, a pretty awesome generator and great agility, it works similarly to the Mamba Raider. It is missing a rear turret, a bit of cargo space and can't take many weapons, but I like it.

Weapons. I'm not really gonna do an explanation of all of them, because you can use this link: http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/help/wathman/weapons1.php But I'll tell what to mount and where.
HEPT's are simple weapons meant for hitting hard, but use lots of energy, but cause no fuss, nearly every M3 can take them, they are the basic weapon for an M3. EBC's are a kind of replacement for the HEPT (the stats are wrong on that link, it says it has the same stats as the PRG but it doesn't), they do slightly less damage, but are higher speed, range, ROF and accuracy, and use hardly any energy because they use ammo which you have to buy, but they commonly seen as being better. PRG's are for hitting fast stuff like M5's and missiles, so work well in turrets. PBE's expand on the PRG as they are even better at hitting fast stuff, and also eat shields but also your generator, and have less than half the range of the PRG, they are still really good. FBL's are awful, don't use them, sell them. PAC's are pretty jack of all trades, can be mounted in your main guns as an energy saver, but also work well in turrets. PBG's are basically broken weapon that do huge amounts of damage but use hardly any energy, they look like a huge flamethrower and pirates have loads of them; they kill pretty well anything you put your cross-hairs on, but are super short range.
The best set-ups are opening up with 4 PBE/PRG to deplete the target's shields, then switching to 4 EBC/HEPT to drop their hull; but to be honest, if you're any good you could just use 8 EBC's for both tasks as they can even hit fast stuff; but if you are really lazy, just barbecue them with 4-8 PBG and they die pretty well instantly. 6500+ characters later and that's pretty well all you need to know, find whats best for you!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Finding a personal ship is more or less the same as finding a frigate, it's all about matching something to your play style. Personally, I like anything that can take PBEs (easily my favourite fighter weapon) and EBCs (an ammo based weapon that offsets the power drainage of the PBEs). As a result, I'm a big fan of the Split Mamba variants, specifically the Mamba Vanguard. The Medusa and Medusa Prototype are both amazing ships (in my opinion), and the Tenjin is just the single best fighter in the game (again, just my opinion :p ).

Also if you dont use the tp to cap ships, what type of ships do you use to cap ships with marines?
- redheart

I only use TPs for boarding my first M7M. Then I use that as my dedicated boarding platform. I've had a lot of practice with my methods though, so you might want to experiment Smile

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you both. I really enjoy learning the gme the way you two have taught me. You give me the information I need and then make me decide on my own. I may just have to vet one of each and test drive them. Lol...thank you guys!!

1st Question, the LX is of Xenon origin. How would you obtain that one? I have not ever seen xenon eject from ships.

2nd Question, Bombers can not dock inside any other ships like the TL can they? I assume no as none of my bombers are given the option to dock in neither the two that I have.

3rd Question, can you do the say trick with TC as you do in AB with the return ship quests?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Makes sense to try out a ship yourself, we can't recommend how you play! Now answers:

Question 1: Xenon ships do bail, its just a very unlikely chance that they do, and most of the time when they bail, their hull is about 1-5%, so a lot of the time they die anyway as there is bullets still in the air. LX's seem even more unlikely to bail than normal L's too...

Question 2: Correct, Bombers can't dock on any ship (in TC), bar one. (Spoilers) You know that Aran we were talking about on the 'Trust my luck' forum page? That can dock 29 Bombers if you want it to, which is fearsome. It can also dock 29 TS's, or TP's, TM's, M3's etc etc....

Question 3: Yes, it works exactly the same way! I recorded a list of ships that I've got from that trick, the big ones are: A Cobra, A Minotaur, A Gannet, A Shrike, A Heavy Hydra and A Heavy Dragon. Ive also had quite a few bombers an fighters, but some of them I have actually returned!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I was doing the missions and returning them just for the rep as the money just didnt seem fair for the amount of work. But I just did a mission for a bomber that I didnt return but rather took it. The police were red to me and I was in another ship but they didnt attack me. I crossed two different xenos space and parked it. It is really wild how the computer in the game knows and responds to what you do.

Another question, while reading the story "Way of the Gun" Wren scanned the Cobra and got two different reports. Doesnt it make you hostile when you scan the ships? And I have not been able to scan more then once so is that just part of the story or is there a way to scan more then one time?

And one about traders, I have an issue with my UT getting killed because they go into Xenos space. How do I have them not go into hostile space?

Im still working on getting my main ship, the Corvette is nice but it just kills the m3's too fast. I can kill Xenon Qs though with it lol.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, they probably have a tracker or something on it, supposing that the guy that wants the ship back knows exactly where it is...

Scanning ships is a bit fun really; when you do the normal scan (clicking on the option in that ships menu) it will make them hostile if they are a smuggler, or may piss them off in you are in a race owned sector and you don't have a police license for that race; but if you do have a license and they're not a smuggler, it won't aggro them. But there is a little trick that you can do to avoid this, that has worked since the days of X2...
What you do is you get within the 4km scan range of the ship, but open the ship's info tab (you know where you would normally go to find its speed, compatible weapons, cargo space etc etc), and if you scroll down it will now tell you what weapons, shields and missiles they have equipped, and at the bottom it will tell you what's in their cargo bay, without actually scanning them! Just a tiny little exploit you can do...

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Another question, while reading the story "Way of the Gun" Wren scanned the Cobra and got two different reports. Doesnt it make you hostile when you scan the ships? And I have not been able to scan more then once so is that just part of the story or is there a way to scan more then one time?
- redheart

t you do is you get within the 4km scan range of the ship, but open the ship's info tab (you know where you would normally go to find its speed, compatible weapons, cargo space etc etc), and if you scroll down it will now tell you what weapons, shields and missiles they have equipped, and at the bottom it will tell you what's in their cargo bay, without actually scanning them! Just a tiny little exploit you can do...
- RandomTank

Yeah, it's a technique commonly referred to as 'passive scanning' as opposed to a 'deep scan' or 'full scan'. You can get a full readout of the shields, installed guns, all missiles and all software/extensions on the target ship. Cargo/passengers/marines require a full scan to see though, even with the bioscanner installed Smile

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.