Station Selling Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station Selling Issue

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

BTW, the 'Rebuilding the Temple' plot is the Goner Plot, soes you now!

Setting your sights on a destroyer may be a bit much, let me tell you it is very easy to complete that mission in a M7, and probably very easy in an M7M (fully stocked). The best M7's would be the Shrike, Thresher or Deimos as they can kill capitols and fighters with relative ease while not needing the hard-to-acquire IBL's; but if you have some IBL's you could do it in a Panther or Tiger quite easily too. Only if your on a Combat Rank of about Crusader are you going to maybe need an M2, and any higher you may need a small fleet, but I'm presuming you're not that high Combat Rank yet...

http://roguey.co.uk/x3tc/help/rankings.php this link will tell you the ranks for Combat, Trading and Race Relations.

There is only 3 ship classes in the entire game that can Board other ships, they would be the: TP (10 marines via spacewalk), the M6 (with 5 marines via spacewalk) and the M7M (20 marines via Boarding Pods). Other ships can only carry marines, for defense or transport purposes, and can't use them to board; these ships are the: TM (up to 5 marines), M7 (up to 20 marines), the M2 (up to 20 marines) and the M1 (up to 20 marines).

The only ship that breaks this rule is the OTAS Sirokos (available at the OTAS shipyard at OTAS Rank 10 for 38 mill); this M7M ship can't launch any missiles apart from Boarding Pods, but it can hold 30 marines, and can also launch them via spacewalk.

I will be the one to take you down!
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

I thought of another question. In the story "Way of the Gun" Kirlack mentions how he was able to determine what ships were out on patrol and where they were from the various Military Bases. This was how he found his target the cobra. Was this just part of the story or is there a way you can scan the base to get the information on these ships?

Also, if I am going to try to cap a Cobra or another M7/M ship, you think I would just need to use the TP to tranport the marines for this boarding? I would use the Corvette to lower the shields if I can do that. I have not tried this yet but it seems that it will be on my to do list here soon. That or save the $50.6 million for the ship.

As always, thank you!!

Oh, just got the split pilot to bail out of a hades.....4% hull..lol

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

As long as you have any ship/station in the sector with the military outpost, you can access the outpost's owned ships list. This contains information on where the outpost's ships currently are, and sometimes where they're headed. I like to keep a bailed fighter docked at military bases, as they won't be forced to undock, so even if you fall out of somebodies good graces, your 'spy' ship will remain docked Smile

A single TP will do for a boarding op, although I used 2 in Way of the Gun to maximize the number of marines I could get on board the Cobra. Your M6 should be fine for lowering the shields, but you'll need it to carry Ion disruptors if you're intending to burn out any countermeasures (hull polarization, sentry lasers or adv. firewall), and to protect from missile fire.

Good luck! Big grin

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok I have another station issue. Why the bleep does one crystal Fabrication L have different required resources then another Crystal Fabrication L? I know its because I must have bought it from a separate species but still....you would think they would be the same. Note to others...buy double factories from the same species.

Ok I think my complex is a bit big but come on....why do the ships seem to get stuck in parts of the complex? I have to switch over to them, jump to nearest gate and then switch back to my main, then reset the command for the ship that was stuck. It has happen twice so far to some of my CSL ships. Maybe I didnt give enough space between the complexes....

Ok I had to reload a previous save and move the crystal factory above the complex. It was too close to the docking area so ships were getting stuck.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Crystal Fabs always use Silicon and Energy Cells, but have a different food for each Race; to put a bit of fluff to it, normal factories like Wheat Farms and Teladianium Foundries only require E-cells because the workforce is mainly robotic, which obviously do not require food, the small amount of maintenance crews will be fed by independently stocked Cafe's and Deli's; but in factories like Crystal Fabs and Computer Plants, a much larger portion of the workforce is human/organic? due to complex micro-construction and assembly that can't be reliably achieved by a robot, and of course, these workers need food! The food will depend on the most popular, nutritional and easiest to obtain food source for that Race, which will change according to the Race's diet and preference; but to put it simply, Paranid aren't gonna eat Meatsteaks, are they? It's produced by the unholy two-eyes....

Yeah, so main point there: Buy your Crystal Fabs from the same race, they all sell one; I usually buy Argon or Teladi Fabs, as most of the Weapons I produce need Nostrop Oil (Teladi food source) or Meatsteaks (Argon food source), so I buy the same to keep logistics simple. Also, I've heard there ca be a problem using two different Race's Complex Kits, apparently they muck each other up, so buy them all from the same race too!

Your complex is too big? How many stations have you got in it? And how have you laid it out? Could you post a screenshot of it please?

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well I cant figure out how to screenshot with out having the ship in the picture. I had them set out near each other on the same x level. I didnt realize that the crystal factory/complex kit was blocking one of the docking arms but I fixed it so the other crystal factory was up above the main level so its like going to be a upward spiral complex. I then placed the solar xl factory up over top of the entire complex. I dont like the way the complex kit has tubes turning all ways but I can not control that, other then that I think its looking kinda neat. Its work though to get the needed ships to transfer solar to four different mines and wheat complex, then other ships to be vendor sellers of those resources but its coming along rather nice now. I am utilizing the CLS application and its rather fun to manage so many things.

Leaves little time to go do missions lol but once it is all automated, I just sit back and watch the credits roll in.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

So you've fixed it? Good! Just a tip, place an Advanced Sat. in the sector you're building in, and when you are on the Sector Map screen (whether placing a station or not) press k. That is probably one of the most useful functions in the entire game for station placement, and not many know it! Yeah I'm loving CLS too, just one CLS trader/sorter can micro-manage your entire resource making operations, given plenty of time!

A really good tip, aim for Rank 8 with the Boron (King's Knight), and start making some Teladianium Foundries as soon as you can! I'm not spoiling why, but if you start sooner, you'll thank me for it!

P.S You can't get a screenshot without the ship in it? Don't you know what the F3 button does?

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

F3 doesnt do anything, I disabled that. F1 changes my ships view but you still only see part of the ship and then from target. On a side note, I think I need to install some laser towers at the gates, pirates are on the attack since I blew up one of their stations recently. And I have advanced satellites and love the K view.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

A really good tip, aim for Rank 8 with the Boron (King's Knight), and start making some Teladianium Foundries as soon as you can! I'm not spoiling why, but if you start sooner, you'll thank me for it!
- RandomTank

No. The Teladianium requirement does not need you to build them in advance! Build Chip plants and by god, build them early! :p (and maybe crystals :p )

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ohhhh yeah, forgot about those.... I had it in my head that Teladianium was the first 'one' you needed, but you got the Micro's at the start... forgot about them!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Stupid guy wants a "few" things.....400 Computer components are not just a "few" you frackin moron! And why the loving Teladi do I want a private hub in the middle of Xenon territory?....."I swear you better be able to realign those jump gates you idiot if I have to get you all those damn computer parts....." Redheart turns around and walks back to his Corvette. "Ya know Mai, I wanted a FRACKIN TIGER! NOT to have to build another factory." Mai Mi called after the combat pilot, "Oh dear sir, if you are to build the computer components yourself, you will require much more then just the one factory, you will need..." the list of factories rattled off at his back.

"Time to kill some pirates for money.....sigh." Redheart said as he powered up the Corvette. The chime sounded informing the pilot that he had secure email. He reached over and pressed the button to pull it up and he read it. "Son of a Khaak....Chip Factories?? Not Teladianium factories?....AAHAHHHHHhhhhh....That was a waste of a few million credits..." he smacks the monitor shut and punches the coordinates into the computer and the ship stretches towards the horizon before disappears in a flash of light.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

At least you will need them! Plus they are great money earners, especially with the Paranid!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

At what level trader do your pilots begin to use the Jumpdrive during the CLS trips? I have the jumpdrive enabled, I have the command to refuel jump fuel,is there anything else I am missing?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

CLS must be at least 'Cargo Messenger' (rank 4 of 6) t use jumpdrives.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you Kirlack! Now can you tell me where you may find a list of the Ranks so that I know where he is at now and how long to go?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.