Station Selling Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station Selling Issue

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Redheart.......... unless you want to spend most of the rest of your life reloading, you pretty much HAVE to get rid of the target's external defences to try the spacewalk. Experienced players may pull this off with other tactics, but it is going to be HARD. Internal defences are different and can be survived, usually at a cost, if your marines are good .... otherwise fry them off also prior to launching marines. Alternatively get an M7M to fire flails and the BOARDING PODS.

I am an Alien!
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think the first ship you should board with a TP is an M7M; or at least try to get one from an 'Abandoned Ship Mission'. It is sooo much easier and is soooo much less hassle to board from M7Ms, so before you even start boarding Carracks, get a Cobra. Or a Kraken. Or any of them in fact! It's just so much easier!!!!

TP boarding is painful anyway, but trying to board big ships with one is damn near impossible, because they have large generators and powerful weaponry that can kill any TP incredibly quickly; so much so I would even bother trying to take any M7 from a TP, even if I had M2 back-up! M7Ms are quite easy to take from a TP though, because they have no/very few guns; so if you have a decent missile defense, they can't kill you! And even if you try and fail to board a M7M, you can just do abandoned ship missions!!!

I traipsed around looking for ONLY abandoned ship missions one time, and after an hour and a half real-time I had: a Gannet, a Cobra, a Shrike, a Heavy Dragon and a Heavy Hydra all mine, with no police after them! It's really not difficult, those missions aren't rare, just hunt around for every 'Light Bulb' mission you can, and if it doesn't say 'Return abandoned *insert M7/M7M name here*' move onto the next mission, it's simple!

I will be the one to take you down!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ RandomTank .... Do you need to run a mod to get detailed information before accepting the mission?

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah Alpha, it's called the Enhanced Briefings (or sometimes the 'Mission Text Fix') script. You can find it on the Egosoft S&M boards Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Thought so, Kirlack, still running vanilla for achievements at the moment.... but desperately fed up of finding zilch, nada, rien, sweet Foxtrot Alpha after any number of days in UFJD lands, so Roguey's UFJD mod and the above sound more alluring after each mind-numbing couple of days searching a UFJD sector (And abandoning another hundred plus Adv. Sats.)
I WILL have a faster Vidar ....... one day.

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok new problem. I am doing the mission for the "A New Home" where I have to break the firewall on the #Cafe....the problem is...I can not find the damn ship in the sector. Any ideas?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You're in Freedom's Reach? It should be pretty obvious IIRC Wink You have to pick up the mission in/around Danna's Chance, then use the UFJD to reach Freedom's, knock out a few of #cafe's fighters, then at ~24km from #cafe herself, you start getting messages.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Well that is the main problem...I do not see the damn #cafe on the map. I have killed all the #cafe.cefa ships as well.I have gotten the mission from the #aefee to get with in coms and stop but I can not locate the ship.

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Sometimes X's .... interesting collision algorithms can spawn the ship very far away from where it's supposed to be... best thing is to get in a Kestrel with Explorer command software and run a 'Map Sector' command to see if it appears on the sector map, or you could have a look around with the Video Goggles to see if you can see the ship (as it is frikking huge!). I have heard of someone who had the ship spawn 126km away just because he had a small complex near to where it would spawn...

If you still can't locate it, you may have suffered from a glitch that could force it to de-spawn; the only way round this I could think of is to roll-back to an earlier save....

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Radom and Kirlack. On a side note, is there any difference between story lines for Terran and Argon? I started a new game (due to glitch) and am now Argon Patriot I believe and it started out the same as Terran did.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

No, there's no difference in TC, but in AP, because of the war, it's a very different experience depending which side you choose (or so I've been led to believe).

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

It is very different for each Faction/Race, as each side can't really have access to the other side's tech or sectors. The Commonwealth starts have access to 3 unique plots, the 1st gives them access to a few extra/unique ships add some additional story; the second gives them the PHQ and the UFJD, and the third gives them the Xenon Hub, more story and some spoilers... The Terrans have access to only 1 unique plot, but it is much longer than one of the Commonwealth plots, and gives them the PHQ, UFJD, the Xenon Hub, a few extra/unique ships and a load of story.

Both sides have access to the 3 newer plots (added in Version 3.0) which gives you plenty of nice rewards (including unique ships and spoliers!)

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Random is this in TC or in AP?

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That's all in AP, and I love the 3 new plot-lines, so fun!

Although I'm not too much of a fan of AP in general, as the increased hulls on fighters and huge Missile Spam done by the NPC's make M4 combat all but impossible and M3 combat much more challenging, when it didn't really need to be... *sigh*. Cruiser Combat is quite similar, apart from the fact that a capitol ship's hull is a lot tougher, but I love that there is now loads of PPC-sponging Terran M2's hanging about the Omicron Lyrae sectors for me to crush in my Boreas!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Any mods you would recommend for AP? I have not started that one but I am now going to.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.