Station Selling Issue

Home Board Index » X3: Terran Conflict » Station Selling Issue

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok first ship I got was the Chamera, now I need to kit it out.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Chimeras are good, on par with the Tenjin for speed and shields. I'd equip it with PBEs/Mass Drivers (use the MDs on targets you want to kill quickly, PBEs for capping), and stick PBEs in the turrets (great missile defence). With a versatile missile loadout you should be able to crack M7s (with a little practice Smile ).

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks Kirlack. I am wondering, what stations will I need to aquire from the Paranid prior to making them hostile? And is there any story quests that I should do for the paranid before that happens?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

There are a couple of plots that require you to be on good terms with the Paranid, but you've got a long ways to go before you can start those, IIRC. The only stations I can think of are Hurricane and Hornet missile fabs, if you're on good terms with the 'nids you should be able to buy a tractor beam (check out the sector Third Redemption), and everything else you can get from one of the other races.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

As each race have goods that other races use, an easy way of increasing your reputation in the sort of mid-game bits is to make small complexes that can sell the things that become rarer when you attack them later on. E.g. Teladianium to the Boron Bogas plants; Stott spices to Cahoona bakeries: Soya Husk to Massom Mill, etc. Obviously if you eradicate the Paranid factories you could end up as the only supplier of Soya Husk by the later stages. Of course, this may not fit into what you want to do.... in which case just disregard!

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

That's a really good point actually Alpha Smile I should point out though, that those wares are only secondary resources for their respective stations, and don't in any way affect the output of the respective stations. But you can make a tidy sum just by supplying said secondaries! Big grin

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

If only you could change the name of Forum posts, then we could change this to: Redheart asks; We answer!

I will be the one to take you down!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm sorry to ask so many questions. Confused
I do really appreciate all your tying though.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

LOL, it's all good mate Smile One of the things I like about the X games is how willing old hands are to show new players the ropes Smile

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ok, heres another question. I see lots of people stating that you can own a sector. Player controlled sector, ect. What does this mean and how do you do it? I would love to have an entire sector to myself as a base of operations.

I do believe I suck at flying M3 ships. I am just so much more better when I am inside the Corvette. Can that be my personal ship? lol...seriously...?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The player owned sector is a plot reward. As I said above though, you'll have to jump through some hoops before you can get to it, as several of the plot require others to be complete first. Check in with the Goners, get the Boron on side, and be on the look out for a ship named 'Exterminator' around Omicron Lyrae Smile

I do believe I suck at flying M3 ships. I am just so much more better when I am inside the Corvette. Can that be my personal ship? lol...seriously...?
- redheart

Nothing wrong with flying an M6 as your personal ship. Not everyone enjoys fighter combat. I usually switch to an M6 once my combat rank gets too high for combat missions to be safe in an M3 Smile

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

...and be on the look out for a ship named 'Exterminator' around Omicron Lyrae
- Kirlack

Silly Kirlack, he's already started Final Fury! Dunce
...and am now just about done with final fury.
- redheart

I love flying M3's, but I can understand why some don't (looking at you, Xenon L!). I love flying M4's even more, but I think M4's need changing around a bit to make them more like the Interceptors they are supposed to be.

I will be the one to take you down!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Who are the Goners? I am on last mission of Final Fury but the corvette isn't cutting it in there. I have started a mission to repair or rebuilt some temple and then I am just started on the treasure map quest. I threw down a couple silicon mines to collect that for the rebuild and now looking for tellodium.

And trying to save up for a destroyer to finish the fury mission.

Lol.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 10 years ago.

I'm sorry to ask so many questions. I do really appreciate all your tying though.

What would be the point of a forum if you couldnt ask questions? questions are good, and answers are better Smile

Who are the Goners?

The Goners are a religious race of people who believed the Argons came from Earth. However the Argons dismissed those claims until they finally meet with the Terrans (people from Earth).

And trying to save up for a destroyer to finish the fury mission.

Its always useful to be able to either swap to a capital or call one in for support. As you said, there are times were you simply need to call in a better ship for some help.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thank you. Yea I think I need a destroyer for the final fury mission, but now that I am looking at the prices of them...lol....um I may be better off stealing one. And yet as my character is not a pirate this will be a delicate matter. Maybe I will invest in some more stations that can assist with purchasing a destroyer at a later time lol.

Now I am not sure, I need to have an M7 or M7M in order to cap the large ships. So obtaining one of these is now my new goal. I do have a few bombers but I have not understood the need of bombers. I like flying the speed of an M5 and the maneuverability that it has but I constantly have to fight corvettes and ospreys and carracks now in my missions lol. I guess having a combat ranking of assassin isnt really a good thing if you want to fly in a M5.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »

You need to log-in to post here.