Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

CLS software can be bought from any Argon Equipment dock, a couple of Free Argon Trading Stations and the 'Communications Facility' (or similar named) station in Priest's Pity.

Now, the Duke. Tricky one he is. His reputation seems to be linked to both your Pirate and your Paranid rep, but in almost all game starts his station starts off as hostile....

So I normally get my rep up with the pirates and the 'nids, then go blow up the Duke's HQ. Why?

Because for some twisted reason it re-spawns blue.

You can, if you're lucky, find a hacker to get you access, but it's not as common as you might like.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh yea!!! I get to blow up the Duke!! I think I will try that way first lol. Thanks for the info.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack, uh....."CLS software can be bought from any Argon Equipment dock, a couple of Free Argon Trading Stations and the 'Communications Facility' (or similar named) station in Priest's Pity." well...the Argon Equipment Dock in Argon Prime does not have it listed for sale. I am going to check others...is the CLS available in Vanilla?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh. Have you installed the AP bonus pack? Without it, CLS won't be available anywhere!

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh. Have you installed the AP bonus pack? Without it, CLS won't be available anywhere!
- Kirlack

uh....no....sigh. I didnt know there was a bonus pack for AP. I thought it was just for TC. Off I go to find it lol.

THANK YOU!!

Oh I found this "This executable allows you to play X3: Albion Prelude without having to run the Steam client.See this FAQ article for further information. The NoSteam executable is available only to users who have either X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude registered in their forum profile." would this allow you to play it?

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey Kirlack, how hard would it be to explain your method of using CLS to get the economy going? I know its pick up this take there, but could you screen shot the waypoints you use? I know that take the hard work out of my having to do it for myself lol.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh. Have you installed the AP bonus pack? Without it, CLS won't be available anywhere!- Kirlack

uh....no....sigh. I didnt know there was a bonus pack for AP. I thought it was just for TC. Off I go to find it lol.

THANK YOU!!
- redheart

You're welcome! Big grin

Oh I found this "This executable allows you to play X3: Albion Prelude without having to run the Steam client.See this FAQ article for further information. The NoSteam executable is available only to users who have either X3: Terran Conflict or X3: Albion Prelude registered in their forum profile." would this allow you to play it?
- redheart

Ah, yes, the NoSteam.exe. It would allow me to play AP offline, but I'd still need to download it from Steam in the first place. There is a potential workaround that I'm looking into though, but nonetheless, I appreciate you thinking of me Smile

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Ah so its the downloading of the game that is the issue, yes I understand that. Going to repeat the following as you may have missed it, if you didnt miss it but would rather have me do my own leg work, which I totally understand, just say.

Hey Kirlack, how hard would it be to explain your method of using CLS to get the economy going? I know its pick up this take there, but could you screen shot the waypoints you use? I know that take the hard work out of my having to do it for myself lol.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Going to repeat the following as you may have missed it, if you didnt miss it but would rather have me do my own leg work, which I totally understand, just say.

- redheart

Lol, yes I did miss it, well, more I saw it and two other questions together, and they took priority :p

So, CLS networking 101:

1) Pick a product. Energy Cells are a great starting block. Ore is another, although to truly appreciate the Ore network you need to keep the mines supplied with energy :p

With your product picked, you need ships. I've been using Mercury Haulers, but any large volume freighter will do. These are the ships that will act as your 'traps' and will keep your network supplied with goods for sale. You'll need a trap for every production point in your chose region. Traps run on 2 waypoints:

Picture

The 'fly to station' waypoint is a failsafe, in case any NPC ships force the trap to undock at any point, it will return to it's assigned station.

2) Retrieval. With your traps in place, you need someone to offload their product back to base for distribution. I've been using Mistrals for both collection and distribution, as they have perfect cargo space to collect half of a trap's load, and half a trap's load is enough to sell for avg +1 constantly Smile You collectors should have waypoints assigned like this:

Picture

He'll dock at homebase, refuel, jump to collection sector, pick up from one of the traps in that sector, jump home and deliver.

A note on refuelling. A separate CLS freighter remains docked at homebase, with the following 2 waypoints:

Picture

He'll remain docked, and all the other moving parts of the network will draw their jump fuel from him, as he draws it from the station.

3) Distribution: Once your collectors start filling up homebase, you need to start shipping out. Again, I use Mistrals for this, as their speed and cargo space are perfect to beat all NPC traffic to the sale. Your first two waypoints should be added manually, and all but the last. The rest are generated using the 'generate waypoints' tool in the CLS menu.

Picture

Picture

The final waypoint allows your freighter to empty out, before it starts over again, thus avoiding any clogging up of the system.

:)

I hope this helps mate Big grin

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh it does, I understand the whole CLS way points and such but you kinda solved a problem I was having in TC. I never used the Fly to Station as the first point, I always just put in the destination and what it needed to do. Perhaps this will help me have less "standby" when they get confused because of something getting in the way.

About this part "He'll remain docked, and all the other moving parts of the network will draw their jump fuel from him, as he draws it from the station." are you having the other parts using this guy as the way point for refueling? Ok I see that you are, but why wouldn't you rather the ships refuel from the station?

Thanks for your help and typing lol.

PS, the Caimen Super Freighter XL is faster then the Mistral by 12 m/s, though you loose 5k of storage, but in the race to beat the NPC on selling wouldn't the speed be better?

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

If the distributing ships are drawing their jumpfuel from the station you run the risk of the station's amounts being skewed so the distributing ships won't collect. Using the jumpfuel ship bypasses any such issues.

PS, the Caimen Super Freighter XL is faster then the Mistral by 12 m/s, though you loose 5k of storage, but in the race to beat the NPC on selling wouldn't the speed be better?
- redheart

You're confusing the basic Mistral (130m/s) with the Super Freighter variety (78m/s). I use the basic for all the collectors/distributors.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

OMG...your right. Well...seeing as how the ships don't really sell more then 4-5k of product at a time anyway....I don't see any reason why I shouldn't also be using Mistrals instead of the Caimens.

Thanks for the clarification with both the refueling and the Mistral.

One more question, do you use the Fight Command Software on your traders? I know you have to use both 1 and 2 if you want to use the Mosquito Missile Defense. I would rather my traders run from a fight then try to fight, but I also would like them to have the Mosquito Defense System to use also.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yes, all the moving parts of my network have Fight Command Softwares 1 & 2, maxed shields and just enough cargo bay upgrades to carry drones, mosquitoes, jumpfuel, shields and their payload (180-210 cargo bay upgrades is perfect for these ships, saves money on fully upgrading them).

The ships won't try to fight though, unless you actually equip them with lasers. When attacked they dump drones to use as a distraction, then jump out to safety. And MDM only applies when they're In Sector with you. Still very, very useful, but a lot of the time they could live without it.

EDIT: The Caiman Super Freighter XL is a VERY good ship for running higher volume freight, such as minerals or weapons/shields. For basic distribution to NPC factories though, you'll very rarely, if ever, need to transport more than 5000 cargo units at once, hence I use the Mistral.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Since the traders are using drones, are you putting reloading that into your waypoints? I figure I would have to because if they run out they wont have any more to use for next time.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Nope, as long as they're FCS equipped they'll automatically restock on their travels. It's part of the CLS scripting Big grin

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »

You need to log-in to post here.