Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Hey does anyone know if the rock trick works in AP like it does in TC? You have your collectors collect the rocks in the section while your out of section and the rocks are never "really" collected but you still get credit for them?

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Affirmative ... 'rocks' are effectively still limitless ..... otherwise maybe ALL economies would eventually dry up.

I am an Alien!
AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Kirlack.Pleased to see a detailed explanation of your CLS tactics .... much more sophisticated than mine, which just ......

1) Service my ill-conceived complexes and stop me from having to 'manage' them.
2) Perpetuate OOS mobile mining.
3) Stockpile missiles and weapons preparatory to universal domination without having to make EVERYTHING myself.
Cheers! This info will help me to understand the com-save without Bash the wall!

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks AlphanInfidel for confirming it. It seems that my rock collectors still will stop collecting rocks and dock at base for some odd reason. I went through and blew up a ton of stuff so they are no where near getting done, and I have a cargo ship emptying out their ore and sillicon so its not because they are full either.

And I still seem to have issues with my CLS transports wanting to stop running the route after so long. I like the concept but I wish it would work easier lol.

Have either of you or any one else figured out how to see the trade log from the traders?
Also whats the difference between using the generate way points, or just clicking way points and adding the station or ship yourself?

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Oh..I found a 12% Nvidium Asteroid...in an unknown section....where I am not at....hehe..can you say unlimited Nvidium with OOS mobile mining...I can.

redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I know that to me anyways, I must be bothering you all. I HATE being out of work, because I play this game now lol. So here is the issue..

Hammerhead Missile, I obtained three of these so far. Easy to use them to blow up the huge asteroids. No problem with that. My issue is when you try to use them on capital ships. I have tried to shoot from a distance, but they just blow it up before it hits them. If I wait till they are attacking me, so they target me and not the missile, I get caught in the blast wave and die.

How do you use these large missiles with a blast radius and not get caught in the wave?

And have either of you or any one else figured out how to see the trade log from the traders?
Also whats the difference between using the generate way points, or just clicking way points and adding the station or ship yourself?

Thank you as always for helping me.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

I don't normally waste hammerheads on cap ships, as they're fantastic for assassination missions. Just target one of the wingmen and pop the whole wing with the hammerhead Big grin

The general theory on getting a missile to hit a cap ship is aggro the ship so it turns towards you, then launch. Because the ship is focused on you, it won't (usually) shoot your warhead down Smile

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

And is this the same method you use for assassination missions? Or would you shoot them from a distance?

Thanks Kirlack.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

That's my preferred method of completing those missions, up to and including M6 sized targets Smile You could maybe even make it work against an M7, but only an under shielded one. Carracks in particular, since they only have 2Gj max shielding, can be taken out with a hammerhead Big grin

I use missiles a lot though, so I very rarely get up close and personal with my mark. Even when assassination missions spawn M7 (with proper shields :p ) or bigger, I'm more likely to call in my M8 support and barrage the mark out of existence Big grin :p

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Are you going to explain your tactics? Or do you want me to imagine how you kill them with missiles? lol. Just kidding, I would love to stay away from the targets but it seems like they always shoot down my missiles.

LOL, I just took out a group of fighters with an osprey with a hammerhead from 5k away. Nice way to get assassination missions done FAST!..Thanks for the knowledge Kirlack!

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

Apart from luring them onto (getting them to point at) your powerful missiles, as Kirlack suggests, you might try timing the launch of a few wasps {noting that they are faster} as a distraction .... or just use more typhoons.

I am an Alien!
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Thanks AlphanInfidel, I will try that.

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I do assassination missions alot, first things first I save the game, then after accepting I check for the target in the referred sector (if I have a sat there, course) then I jump at mid distance and fire a salvo of Firestorm followed by 2 or 3 typhoons or wasps (to get them distracted). The only problem with using this method instead of hornets is that you normally destroy all the wares from your target. I don't mind wasting any of those missiles as I have built a self sufficient complex with those factories.

"a nation who forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten"
redheart

redheart avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

What ships do you all use for assassination jobs?

tstoff

tstoff avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

Well, I only have two main ships apart from the whole fleet of TSs and TLs, a Cobra M7M (witch I only use for capturing ships) and a M7 Griffon, my personal ship for everything (including assassinations).

"a nation who forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten"
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »

You need to log-in to post here.