Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Home Board Index » X3: Albion Prelude » Questions by Redheart, Answers by you

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Level badge Specoguey (14)
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, you can only buy them from a few places, all in Pirate sectors. There's one in Danna's Chance, one in Loomanckstrat's Legacy, one in the Unknown Sector East of PTNI and one in Maelstrom Smile In most game starts they're hostile by default, so you'll need a friendly hacker to gain access.

Madder than a Bastard on fathers day.
My DiDs: Peace(s) of Eight - Way of the Gun - Status: Online, A Xenon DiD
RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Level badge Assoguey (17)
Posted 10 years ago.

The one in Danna's Chance is probably the best bet, as there is lots of friendly stations nearby to offer hacking missions, it's in very safe space, and whenever I find it it always seems to be full... Just bought 10 from there on the Com-Save!

Just so ya know, the Unknown Sec east of PTNI was given the name 'Void of Opportunity' in AP.

I will be the one to take you down!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Yeah, Freedom's Reach is right next door, and the folks who frequent the trading station there offer up all sorts of handy missions Wink

Just so ya know, the Unknown Sec east of PTNI was given the name 'Void of Opportunity' in AP.
- RandomTank

Ah, thank you Smile I knew lot of the unknown sectors from TC had been claimed and named, but I don't know my way around the AP map properly yet :p

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I love hanging about the 'Pirate Highway' as it's aptly named, as there is plenty of profitable missions, lots of loot left after skirmishes, and you can even dabble at 'requesting' some freighters for their valuable wares! (although this isn't my forte, as I haven't accepted the pirate lifestyle as strong as certain people we know of.....)

You should try and play AP Kirlack, with all new plot lines, extra sectors, the stock market and the war to fight in I think it's loadsa fun!

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

I haven't accepted the pirate lifestyle as strong as certain people we know of.....
- RandomTank

You talkin' 'bout me? :p

You should try and play AP Kirlack, with all new plot lines, extra sectors, the stock market and the war to fight in I think it's loadsa fun!
- RandomTank

Yeah, I think it's actually the new plots that have piqued my interest Wink I'm a bit dubious about the stock market though, as it seems even more of an exploit than Niv mining in TC lol. But yeah, definitely wanting to check out the Acynox! (spelling?)

RandomTank

RandomTank avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

You talkin bout me? :p
- Kirlack

Nawwwww...... Big grin

*Acinonyx
It's veeerrry cool, the main guns even spin like on the Venti! But you can't RE it... Cry
Spose the Stock Market can be pretty game-breaking, I used to use to build up a bit of capitol, but never after that, it felt like cheating....

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

I think the stockmarket is great in the beginning, it has helped me get a decent fleet of TS and my complex going but now it seems that the market is at a stand still for the past 5 game days.

What is this about RE? I have been hearing you all talk about being able to build your own ships but I dont know any more.

Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

The stock market can be quite easily abused, redheart. I think it's something like bring a freighter full of ware x into sector, this drops share prices to minimum, then buy shares. Move said freighter out again, share prices sky-rocket, sell your shares, rinse and repeat. There were reports on the Egosoft forum of people making billions in a few hours using this exploit.

RE is Reverse Engineer. Once you get the Player Headquarters (PHQ), you can RE most ships in the game and then rebuild them Smile

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@ Kirlack/RandomTank .......... Guilty as charged! But there again, I didn't feel like starting from scratch in a game that seems like it could have been an ADD ON with more starts included. I found it undesirable to go from controlling battle fleets to being in charge of a go-cart with a water pistol, so after a few weeks of being too broke to do what I wanted, I mined enough Nividium to fill a couple of mistral S.F., and Roberto is a Relative. Additionally, no matter how much cash you have, you might still want to play at flying, fighting, building etc.
There is also the perspective that some people feel that modded games are cheating! This is still a single player interface ...... do what you feel like, you can only cheat yourself .... and you can always try a different start!
P.S. You surely don't think that this world's stock markets/ futures markets etc. are playing on a level playing field, and that everybody follows the 'rules,' do you?

I am an Alien!
tstoff

tstoff avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 10 years ago.

I started using the stock market with wares and moved up to the on for corporations, you can easily invest 5 million and 1 or 2 in a few seconds or hours (sometimes you have to wait a while for the stock price to rise), it depends on the company amount of stock and credit. I normally use it when waiting for something to happen or while traveling with the auto pilot on, but most of the time I don't really loose to much time with it.

"a nation who forgets its defenders will itself be forgotten"
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

P.S. You surely don't think that this world's stock markets/ futures markets etc. are playing on a level playing field, and that everybody follows the 'rules,' do you?
- AlphanInfidel

Oh, hell no Smile But the real world of stock exchanges and the X equivalent aren't likely to be very well mirrored Wink For instance, if I were to travel to the new york stock exchange with a van full of silver or gold, they wouldn't suddenly drop their stock prices on those items :p And I'm also sure that when I got back in ym van and drove off, those prices wouldn't suddenly shoot through the roof lol

redheart

redheart avatar
Level badge Eagleguey (11)
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack, do your CAG vendors sometimes stop selling and tell you that they are done and then you have to restart them? Mine have been doing that. Just wondered.

And I have not used any cheat to get anything in the game, such as the exploit to the stock exchange. I know this is an addon to TC but it really feels like a separate game to me.

I took your all advise and put 6 PBE on the Mamba Vangard. I really have a love hate relationship with them. I love how they bring down shields super fast and how they slowly tick away at the hull. This gives the pilot lots of time to eject. I hate how fast they drain the generators lol.

But I got my L and for that they give me three crappy (my opinion) Defa Cafe? Sell or use?

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Redheart Re:- #deca.cefa if your looking for a brilliant M3 there are many better than this. This is, however, something you can RE quite quickly and cheaply : it holds L class cargo, is quite fast, can fire MAM which is devastating and doesn't deplete generators, uses mosquito for defence and poltergeist for offence. Therefore I use it as a replaceable M4 drone(With 2 X 25 shields) 6 or 8 of them can tear into almost anything that is annoying you!
If you are short of money you could keep just one so that you have choices about RE later on.

I am an Alien!
Kirlack

Kirlack avatar
Posted 10 years ago.

Kirlack, do your CAG vendors sometimes stop selling and tell you that they are done and then you have to restart them? Mine have been doing that. Just wondered.

And I have not used any cheat to get anything in the game, such as the exploit to the stock exchange. I know this is an addon to TC but it really feels like a separate game to me.

I took your all advise and put 6 PBE on the Mamba Vangard. I really have a love hate relationship with them. I love how they bring down shields super fast and how they slowly tick away at the hull. This gives the pilot lots of time to eject. I hate how fast they drain the generators lol.

But I got my L and for that they give me three crappy (my opinion) Defa Cafe? Sell or use?
- redheart

No mate, I've not had that happen with my CAGs, at least not that I can recall. How have you got them set up?

Yeah, PBEs can drain generator super quick :p That's why I almost always pair them with EBCs, so I can keep firing constantly Big grin

Hmm, Deca Cefas.... I think Alpha's hit the nail on the head mate, keep one for RE purposes and sell the rest.

AlphanInfidel

AlphanInfidel avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 10 years ago.

@Kirlack ........... So you didn't notice that when the (Then Chancellor-subsequently P.M.) decided to sell some of G.B.'s gold reserves, the price of gold plummeted temporarily, (During the time of the sale) and then recovered to reach new heights?
P.S. There are no rules, you just do what you can......... IT happens!(You now what I mean by IT!!! Exp

I am an Alien!
« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »

You need to log-in to post here.