What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 5 years ago.

I did see ObsidianAnt video too, however he cant really tell you much because of the NDA. Hopefully chapter 4 will be a big patch, as chapter 3 was disappointing.

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Yeah, unfortunately because of NDA he wasn't able to tell too much but to me redesigned mining and exploring are already enough to get excited. They are potentially a game changer mechanisms to me and all the other features that will be added are just extra. ObsidianAnt said there will be some features which the community has been asking a long time ... any change they could be 'space legs' or 'athmospheric landings' ?

Of course there is a risk that new design doesn't work and actually turns up to be just tedius mini games after some hours.
I'm positive person so don't let negative possibilities bother my mind too much Smile

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Well I guess ANY change might get a few active again just to check it out.

Have given up trying to get the PSVR to work as it stuffed around with the Win 10 OS on the computer....well OK...it was ME who wrecked a few things lol....actually had to end up rebooting thru a refresh, so now I can get back to the game....think I was running data between Sothis and Ceos for some measly cash even though I am allied...might look around for another place to grind Cry

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Alright, so we got some new information about exploration yesterday. I'm not totally convinced yet since the system felt a bit gamey. It could get very tedious fast.

The patch had some interesting other changes here and there so overall it looks a nice update to ED.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 5 years ago.

Bazr running passenger sightseeing Robigo to Sothis was lucrative. I
used a stripped out Anaconda

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

thanks JayVee, will have a look, just have a Cobra atm but that should work I rekon.
Done the occasional one previously but forgot where from.
Did you mean starting from Robigo ?

thanks again cheers

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Yes sightseeing, pick up in Robigo to Sothis and back.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

much appreciated.

stay well

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 5 years ago.

hmm.. im not sure how I feel about the exploration update. Its good there are changes to it, but it made me feel that its making things more complicated. Personally I havnt been playing elite much. Not sure what to do atm - I guess im waiting to see what happens.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

hey mate lets walk around in circles together ! at least we can talk #hit to each other lol

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

hmm.. im not sure how I feel about the exploration update. Its good there are changes to it, but it made me feel that its making things more complicated. Personally I havnt been playing elite much. Not sure what to do atm - I guess im waiting to see what happens.
- Roguey

Weren't these changes just additions and not to replace current exploration gameplay?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

hmm.. im not sure how I feel about the exploration update. Its good there are changes to it, but it made me feel that its making things more complicated. Personally I havnt been playing elite much. Not sure what to do atm - I guess im waiting to see what happens.- Roguey
Weren't these changes just additions and not to replace current exploration gameplay?
- Orbot

from what i understand it is a complete rework and replacement.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

I'm mostly involved with BGS atm

Orbot

Orbot avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Weren't these changes just additions and not to replace current exploration gameplay?- Orbot

from what i understand it is a complete rework and replacement.
- Sinxar

Oh, OK. I personally like that the new system has more gameplay to do while exploring although my concern is that it could get repetitive fast, hopefully not. Also I'm not totally convinced about those infinite amount of probes you shoot to planets and get some bonuses if you use only six to cover whole planet.

My problem with the exploring in ED is that it drifts players apart from each other.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Good point Orbot ! ...........although....

As much as I would love to meet/play with other gamers I have not played in open at all because of the bad press on the forums re the bad guys that wreck the game for all players except themselves.

I do understand that there may be only a remote chance for them to be around, it still is enough for me to leave open alone unfortunately.

I am still enjoying the game despite the grind and vary my gameplay when I get too bored, then come back again later, usually better off in some other way. Smile

PS. Thanks JayVee, have found the missions worthwhile even in the Cobra !

Have been going to the Mines and the next station (more time and distance involved ) to load up with
legal missions as I find most of the missions are illegal, and I do not like the risk.
I know you can get back with them but I have been scanned and interdicted and once on returning the
mines area was full of po lese... green dots everywhere, was lucky to get back that time lol .

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

You need to log-in to post here.