What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 6 years ago.

I think it's that atm I don't have a use for it, although I have kept it. Not very good at combat so I use an FDL for that. I mostly use my Asp explorer, Anaconda, and my favourite Viper Iv. I found a use for the Type 10 so perhaps I will for the Chieftain too. Anyway it's good to see you back again.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Thanks but not sure for how long tbh. Can't really find anything to do. I stopped last time cause all I ended up doing was grinding credits. All i'm doing now is passenger missions at Jameson Memorial. I will prolly head back over to the CG and get some combat rank but other than that, is there anything else going on that I should be doing?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Well there is the thargoid problem but I keep away from them myself. My problem with any game is that I prefer the start game, then when I've progressed and got deeper in I get a bit bored. I had this problem with Litcubes Universe before coming onto ED. I have still to get to Elite exploration which would be my main aim, also I have a 2nd cmdr which I recently restarted.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Yeah i would like to start fresh but at the same time I cannot afford a second copy of the game. Just thinking of all the time put into my current game and deleting it is painful. Like now even if I haven't played in a while I can count on installing it and being able to do anything.

Its too bad you can't make multiple commanders, even just one extra would be awesome.

But you know thinking about it, I think it wouldn't be that bad, just the insane rank grinding for some ships would be the hard part. Even then I'm not sure it would be worth it for big ships like vette or cutter. They are good no doubt and I immensely enjoy flying them but are they really needed? Not really. Anaconda and Type 9 fills both their roles.

Now that I know how the game works it should be pretty easy to get reasonably rich in no time, especially since missions are no longer pilot rank locked. And there is always the option of pirating NPCs for low temp diamonds Whip

Also quite shockingly mining is very good especially when you are about at Type 6 level.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

Mining is supposed to get a lift later on this year and I would like to spend a bit of time doing it, my Type 10 is fitted out for mining. I have problem with my Pc atm think I might have to replace the PSU so will have to leave off gaming for awhile. Pity Maplin has closed can't just go to the shop and buy one..

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

hope you guys don't mind me butting in to give my side of the game?.....just don't read it if you do Smile

Few months back purchased the PS4 version (am an old X series game fan)

Loved the game and moved along the learning curve and joined Moebius group playing exclusive sole as the open contained those willing to smash your game just for their pleasure.

At the point now where I will probably make the decision to change to PC which allows me to....

use voice attack for commands and more immersion

use VR for same reason (ps4 cannot utilize voice attack)

cheers

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Well I imagine there would be a significantly larger number of PC Mobius players so that is a plus. I seen some recent vids of people using voice attack and don't like the way it acts. Appears to be quite slow in responding. However I also use keyboard + mouse or an X-52 if I feel like digging it out so I can press a button much faster than saying what I want it to do then wait a few seconds for it to respond. I can see it being useful if you continue to use a controller though.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

i have the hotas and find that pretty good.

agree with your comments regarding voice attack commands and intend to just use the non vital ones and none that any lag would hinder plus all combat ones probably, although I did see a utube vid where shields did come up pretty quick,maybe deploy chaff would be ok but as yet I have no experience with combat.

obviously the less used ones would be handy on VA as this leaves more button combinations

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

further to voice attack....I purchased it the other day and you are required to run the Windows voice recognition program,ha, did not even know it was there, VA obviously feeds off that.

Well I ran the Windows program through the mike and set it up to work prior to using VA

my first command to notepad...."deploy weapons"

computer response...."the ship in the desert"...wtf?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

I have voice attack and the Astra pack, if you use the windows set up a few times there are few problems with voice recognition. I just don't like using headphones. I have gone the other way my PSU is giving power surges to the motherboard. The rig I have was built cheaply to play Litcubes Universe so I have bought a PS4 to use while I build a new PC.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

i am very happy with the pS4, with what you want I believe you will be happy also.

with the windows setup do you run the first short setup a few times or both of them?

was planning to get the astra pack also.

understand regarding the headphones, what about just a mike, you could always just set a remote one on the bench maybe.

I am also thinking of getting a SSD for the pc to help with running game.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

Jay Vee can I ask what controller you are using ?

with the hotas I would like to organise a button specifically to toggle voice attack but this means switching some other command elsewhere...no biggie when I get it set up eventually

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 6 years ago.

On the PC I was using a thrustmaster hotas x, had to buy a hotas 4 for the PS4. I recently installed an SSD much improved performance.I ran the extended voice setup several times, the more the better I think.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 6 years ago.

Found a distress signal i've never come across. Two capitals fighting with a ton of pirates. was something crazy like 14 pirates in this site.

Anyone here found one like this before? its hard to see in the pic but yeah there are two caps there firing at each other.

Picture

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 6 years ago.

many thanks Jay Vee, yep when I bought the hotas 4 I checked that it would run on the PC as well.
Was thinking of maybe the triangle for the VA toggle.

Can you recall what speed the SSD is?...that is good news about it making a difference.

What a great shot Sinxar, is that in open?..I am too scared to go there haha.(but only because of the griefers)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

You need to log-in to post here.