What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Oh nah I had a Python. That was j0lt that just got into one. I just got an Anaconda.

What happened was mission grinding. I wanted the Clipper since forever (from the first post in this thread). I got nothing but free time right now so I did the grind. Was so easy I kept going. Still took a few long days of work but the money from it is very good. In total I made around a billion just from the grind to Duke. Of course now that I have the Anaconda and Cutter fitted with A rated modules, I only have like 300 mil left.

I did end up getting a skin pack as I like the Cutter more than I thought I would.
Overcharging the distributor at Black HidePicture

For Imperial rank there is HIP 10716 and Wu Guinagi. The missions go back and forth to those systems and they are like 12LY apart.

I used a Python for the majority of the work. In HIP 10716 there is a planetary base and an outpost next to each other. In Wu Guinagi there is a station and two outpost. It is a busy place though so if anybody decides to do it, do it in solo or private group. Even Mobius PVE group has a lot of people there so you can't go afk at outpost or you will make a lot of people mad. The missions themselves are pretty easy as you can imagine as they are just data delivery and cargo missions. Bringing a cargo rigged Python is about as good as it gets.

Some of those cargo missions pay a ton. For example, deliver 8 silver 12LY for 2.5mil. That is a good paying mission and they are stackable. Once you get Allied with the local factions then you can do the passenger missions as well. I did a bunch of sightseeing ones that paid 10 mil or more. They usually don't go over 400 LY as the max distance but they do take a while because the destinations are fairly far apart. But if you have 3x first class cabins... that is 30 mil per run but it takes about an hour to finish all three missions. Sometimes you can get lucky and get those rich people that will pay 30 mil for the entire mission. The key is to be allied with the faction. At the peak, I was making 60 mil per hour doing sightseeing passenger missions. Sadly it doesn't help your Imperial rank much so I went back to that. As you know some missions give materials, on the way to Duke I got a lot of stuff to engineer my ship with.

By the time I got to Duke, I was rolling in credits and materials.

I also need to work on my Federation rank too. I hear the best way is donation missions?
- Roguey
It is my understanding that donation missions were nerfed hard. Gotta do data and cargo missions. I heard massacre missions are good too but I didn't have the time to try them.

Seems like the Cutter would make a great interceptor for pvp with its very high speed (mine is 420m/s) and mass lock factor.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 7 years ago.

@sixar woh, sorry about the mix up with the python.

Its great to see everyone progressing. Have you looked at the alien stuff recently?

ps. thanks for the advice about the ranks. Ill have to work on it, when im not so busy with things.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

I went and looked at the brain trees then visited the third ruin site the other day. Can you imagine trying to find that stuff? I thought you would be able to see something from orbital cruise. Nope! Can't even see it unless you are like 500m off the ground. That is crazy, I feel bad for those guys who are searching each planet for these things.

I have been doing the CGs since getting the Cutter. Right now sitting in the top 10% for two of them and top 50% for the other. The Cutter makes these very easy (as im sure the Anaconda and Corvette does too). For the bounty hunting CG I just pile in 20t of gold and go sit in the Haz Res. Doesn't take long for everything to attack! The massive shields typically have no trouble tanking it unless I get a good spawn that has Anacondas and Pythons together then the DPS is a bit too much but nothing a SCB can't handle. I had the ship refit for hauling and it topped out at 720t with a shield. So it didn't take long to get up there, plus the stuff I was hauling was worth 1k per ton. Not good but not bad either considering it is for the CG

Picture

Anyway i'm heading back over to the mission farm spot and getting more rare materials I need for a G5 upgrade. Funny thing, after flying the Cutter exclusively since getting it, hopping back in the Python is a strange experience, it feels like a fighter in comparison to the maneuverability of the Cutter.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

I am not sure, but I think people find those things like Brain-trees with some external tools. As many people say, its a shame there isnt more in-game to find these things.

I havnt done real combat for quite awhile. atm ive been mostly looking for materials, working to the elite exploration rank (with sight-seeing missions) and checking out the alien sites. To be honest, I have never joined in a community goal.

Have you tried modifying the cutters jump-drive? if so, what sort-of range are you getting with it?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Yeah im getting 21 LY laden and 31 LY max. Not sure its possible to get much higher. I am using an upgraded 7A reactor (it outputs 1 MW less than a stock 8A lol) but I do have a lot of A rated modules and ofc it is loaded with guns, fighter bay, srv bay (only temporary), limpets and reinforcement packages (both hull and module). I haven't really had a chance to really strip it down to see what the absolute max unladen range is though.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

thats not too bad for a big-ship; I always knew it wasnt going to be ground-braking. 21ly is what I had with an Anaconda fully loaded before any L5 upgrades. If you do strip it down, let us know what is your max range.

Are you working towards any of the Elite titles? sounding like your doing a lot of combat atm?

The other day I started working on unlocking the engieers. I got my power distributor changed to have more regen - it can nearly keep the guns firing continuously. I also modified the guns, but I wasnt 100% happy with them. The pulse have lots of jitter, and the multi-canons make the ship much hotter. They do appear to do more damage although.

Oxidire

Oxidire avatar
Level badge Fightguey (6)
Posted 7 years ago.

For Imperial rank there is HIP 10716 and Wu Guinagi. The missions go back and forth to those systems and they are like 12LY apart.
- Sinxar

Whoah !
Thanks a lot for the advice it's working faster than expected ! I was stuck at Viscount but now it's going way faster !
Though I find it to do not pay much it's still a relief to see that rank percentage go up UP UP Big Grin

Sadly I had leave my Anaconda in a station nearby to have an access to all the outposts. As you said I quickly feat a Python and here we go !

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Are you working towards any of the Elite titles?
- Roguey

Well I was going to go for elite in combat. So i've been bounty hunting quite a lot the past few days and went from 85 Expert to... 85 Expert. No increase at all and i've killed a ton of elite ranked ships. Same with trading, Did the CG, traded a ton of slaves and still only gained 1% on Tycoon rank (55 -> 56). I know it is slow but damn.

Though I find it to do not pay much it's still a relief to see that rank percentage go up UP UP
- Oxidire

Yeah the systems are in a bad state right now. When they are both in Boom state they give a lot of cargo missions too. Some of those pay stupid amounts. Oh btw something I learned by doing this is make sure your material/data storage always has room for mission rewards. I didn't realise this and failed some missions when I couldn't complete them.

Oxidire

Oxidire avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Now the worst part is to get the Naval Rank Up mission Dizzy

How do you see the "Data storage" space you mentioned ?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

It is in your inventory. Materials and Data sections.

Oxidire

Oxidire avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Ok but does the Data sections contains the scientific data or mission data or both ?
I thought it was only for engineering.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

It is the engineering stuff. Note that a lot of those missions give materials and/or commodities as rewards. So what happened in my case is that the storage was full and the mission never showed up to be completed on the mission board in station. It still showed up in the transactions console but I never look there so the missions just expired and failed.

Oxidire

Oxidire avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

Oh I understand now !
I don't really know why they limited that storage, as it doesn't have any weight they should have put a limit per material/data instead of each of their total.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 7 years ago.

Hmm... So this might be a problem.

9,000 LY from Earth. Canopy is at 34%. It is actually funny cause I was debating whether to bring an AFM or not. I have an empty slot to save weight. I basically just ran out here with only scanning a few things. A black hole, a few neutron stars and like 2 water worlds. I think ima just self destruct. Really the first time I have ever taken so much damage while exploring. It was from landing on planets and coming in too hot. I am lucky the canopy didn't shatter TBH. Hit the ground at about 100 m/s at a shallow angle on the rear of the ship. I seen I was coming in too fast and tried to point at the stars and boost. That likely saved me as I was slowing down significantly when I hit.

Picture

Here is my location if you are curious. I came out here to visit the Heart and Soul nebulae. Looks better from far away though :P

Picture

update: Made it back intact! Found my very first earth-like too.Picture

Found a few more neutron stars near the bubble as well. They were already discovered though.Picture

Oxidire

Oxidire avatar
Posted 7 years ago.

The two neutron stars side by side looks so sick ! What was the system name ?
Even if your ship is in bad shape it's worth it to give it a try. Sure, if your canopy had been breached I wouldn't have say that Big Grin

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »

You need to log-in to post here.