What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

The vette is a ridiculous combat ship! It is incredibly agile, feels like flying a python but better, you can legitimately use fixed huge guns if you want it is that agile, im not that good though. I have gimbaled huge multi-cannons with some smaller beam lasers i think. Not to mention the shield tank. I ended up engineering it for resist tanking but I was considering going for buffer tank instead. But i think i want to hang on to my materials for when i get another cutter.

When I first got the cutter I used it for bounty hunting in CGs. Mostly turrets cause its so slow to turn around, but I later converted it to a trade ship for those CGs. Its pretty easy to place in the top if you use a cutter and dont mind the grind. The speed is really nice for escaping npc pirates and you cant be mass locked so you could in theory jump straight back into supercruise.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

"I ended up engineering it for resist tanking but I was considering going for buffer tank instead"

if you have the time mate could you elaborate on that for my feeble brain please

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 5 years ago.

''ps. skydog1...can i ask what you did to get banned from the Feds ?''

No idea, I just stopped getting the missions offers even in Fed ports.

Got mauled again this morning. But I'm getting used to it. I know I'm in for it when I can't escape interdiction which is usually quite easy. I get interdicted quite often and can usually claw my way out of it. I did make the dumb mistake of jumping out of cruise when somebody cast avaricious eyes on what was in my larder. That ended up badly too. Learning all the time.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 5 years ago.

"I ended up engineering it for resist tanking but I was considering going for buffer tank instead"

if you have the time mate could you elaborate on that for my feeble brain please
- Bazr

using shield boosters to increase shield resistances vs using them to increase the maximum shields with no boost to resistances.

Rexx

Rexx avatar
Level badge Tropguey (5)
Posted 5 years ago.

Hey Guys,,
I just returned to ED. I quit back in late 2017 after just starting over. I returned to an account worth roughly 50mil. An AspX,a DBX and 16 mil credits. I went out and quick purchased a Dolphin and jumped into Passenger Missions. Just after four days work, I amassed over 100 mil. Now today purchased an Orca to do more of the same. This time my goal is to jump into a Mamba and try it on some Bounties in RES zones. I lika da Pew Pew!

Cheers

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

Hi Rexx Smile

thanks Sinxar...was not aware of that !

Just starting to unlock Selene Jean so it's relevant in a way.

I was thinking to put the heavy mod on the lightweight armour, the cobra has the guardian shield booster so hopefully that will be enough shield/hull strength.

Do you think that is the way to go there ?

Python and Annie I don't know which way to go.

Considering I only play solo atm it prob does not matter but as I said I like to obtain the optimum builds.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Is there some sort of restriction on what passenger ships weapons can be mounted? I bought an Orca and was happily shifting stiffs around and then there appeared on all my outfitting stuff 'Legal Issues' against everything I'd bought in. Never gave it no mind until I tried entering a port and got blasted by the local plod, ended up in the clink with a 3 mill fine. ?????

Any ideas? :o(

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

sorry mate cannot help...has not happened to me.

off the top of my head it appears you have an underlying prob somewhere in the past maybe seeing how you were banned for a bit, else you are carrying illegal stuff somewhere.

hope you get it sorted.

there should be someone here that would know.....best of luck sorry I could not help.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

I put it down to carrying an 'illegal' passenger however unwittingly. It might be worth it just to cart a load of wanted slags for the big bucks and get slotted by the cops afterwards. Profit over loss scenario.

Anyhoo, I bought a(nother) Dolphin to replace the one I lost (OK I suppose but poor jump capability But on the + side they're cheap and I am after all a Yorkie ;o)...and I have amassed a tidyish sum of Klebs, so I'm off scouting around for something nasty with large brutal weapons and hefty shields to move into the ultra-violence sphere. I'm fed up of being cannon-fodder. Time for some payback.

BTW I never put any weapons in the Dolphin and I've never been attacked or interdicted even when I swan around anarchy.

PS I did one of those round trip 'Sightseeing' jobs for the experience. Never again! What a bunch of whining bar stewards these rich kids are.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

mate i think the go with illegal missions is to avoid the scans by using stealth...ie heat sinks and boosting into the slot and other tricks that I am not aware of as I have not done it myself...just reading the odd forum entries.

Have taken the odd illegal passenger without being aware by not reading all the mission details....found out for me at least it was not worth the hassal overall.

also with regard to passenger missions it is the usual practice I believe to just not read the messages from the clients ie. ignore them.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Agreed with your last Baz. Ignore the buggers, they cough up the spondoolicks at the end anyway even if they arrive miserable and battered about. ;o)

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 5 years ago.

Also back in the game after a long absence - 11 months! Set off with the intention of heading across to the Formadine Rift then up the western rim back to Beagle Point. However now diverted to take a look at the Bubble Nebula, might take in one or two more then head back in to cash up the exploration data. Currently driving a ~47LY AspX, really want to trade up to an Anaconda for the next long voyage.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Greed and avarice, ineradicable flaws in my character, yesterday saw me jump in feet first when the 7 mill Cr. tag burst onto the missions screen. Transport to Katzenstein Dock, 36 Ophiuci. 0.14Ly doesn't look so bad does it? Basic arithmetic has managed to condense the unpalatable down into the acceptable. And it only took me 44 minutes ... I watched in abject boredom as the speedo crawled up to 1699c before commencing deceleration. I'm sure Isaac Newton would have found the proof of his theory of bodies in motion (or at rest) quite fascinating, but he was a boring bugger by all accounts. The sharp implements in the kitchen knife drawer were beginning to attract my attention as I was fast losing the will to live as I didn't have the weekly Sudoku to fall back on in times such as these. Hoo-ever ... I saw it through and collared the klebs which pushed me over the magical 100 mill mark for the first time.

And this morning there it was again ... with an 11 mill tag!

Discretion and experience managed to stop me pressing the accept contract key this time though. :o(

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

had a bit of a giggle at your post SD...think most of us have duped ourselves with various missions.

One which puzzled me recently was I decided to help out with evacuation of a burning spaceport.......wrongly thinking I was gunna help get all the people out..not so apparently, as it appeared to be endless....have not been back to check but I think it remains the same....dunno where all the people come from that are heading back into the fires to be rescued lol

Maybe it does end eventually Smile

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

I had a weirdo the other day, Polansky Station, every time I approached the station it scooted off north on the compass. It didn't matter what speed I approached it either. Even at rest the station wouldn't keep still. Could it have been a gravitational anomaly caused by the close proximity of a large rust coloured planet? Anyhoo ... I finally worked it out by going at it BACKWARDS in a southerly compass direction and fluked the disengage just at the right time. Not going there again! ;o)

Bit the bullet and bought a Krait II as my lovely little Diamondback Exp was getting fed up with being assaulted by space pirates wearing eyepatches and drunk on surfeits of rum as I often used to be in the Andrew o|---) Happy days! It's the first ship where I haven't had to trade off cargo space for outfit and the power plant is more than up to the job of powering those shield banks/shield enhancers, big, nasty beam lasers and an awesome looking multi cannon c/w a huge Frag cannon which I think fires broken bottles and old penny coins but does serious damage though it's only a 3 shot pony. And I'm bloody hopeless at targetting!

To finance the changeover I had to pawn my Orca which despite being a beautiful looking ship is about as agile as a sack of spuds. I converted my Aps Ex to body hauling and it serves the same purpose but with better agility and jump range. It also doesn't cost half the maintenance, juice and repair fees that the Orca sets you back.

I've kept hold of the Diamondback for a little home planet bounty hunting which it is very good at as it can carry the 3C beamer though a little short on shields.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »

You need to log-in to post here.