What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

I would like that but obviously off to bed soon.

But how does this friend thing work as I play in solo.

I have mike and headphones if that helps

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 5 years ago.

On the top screen click on social, if you have a friend online their holo thing name and location appears on drop down menu, you click on it and drop down menu appearswith a number of options including direct message.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

great, so how do we start friending so I can tell when you are on.

However my game is off now and I will have a go tomorrow.

My cmd name is ..errr...Bazr I guess lol

ps.just checked and it appears I search for your name on the menu

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 5 years ago.

Has anyone else noticed the passenger mission payouts have dropped through the floor? Having a hard time racking up a mill with 3 cabins full of grumbling moaners!

One stiffed me for 40 mill on the Katzenstein grind, refused to cough up for one ship scan! Is there any way of dumping them in deep space in an anarchy system as they always blob just as you're entering the dock? Grrrr!

Also ... restock is permanently stuck showing 10 cr despite me shooting off a shedload of ammo and restocking. Must be a glitch as all show 100%

BTW The carrot has been dangled again and I bought an Anaconda. Nice ship, prefer it to the other large ones. A rated to the max ... cost an arm and two legs of course but it's seemingly immune (so far) to anything that's been thrown at me. 3C Bi-weave in a 6 rate slot too!

BTW Kiki, not trying to teach you to suck eggs but do you always check your 'advanced repairs' section after every mission? If you ignore it you'll end up with either a large bill or a ship that wouldn't be out of place in the kitchen ... as a colander! Wink

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

also have restock stuck......says it cannot find server?????

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

The restock is a known bug, re passenger missions haven't noticed I've only been doing them for influence to aid BGS. Bazr I have sent you an invite.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

my social window appears bugged too..cannot move up or down.....other windows ok

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

There's a social window in main menu and from cockpit the cockpit one opens up when you move onto it and shows if you have any friend invites

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

yeh stuffed it up sry...you appeared in main chat I saw but not in social.

sent you a msg but you were gone I think.

also tried the voice button..no go there either.

first time at this anyway..so what do you expect lol

carting lavian brandy for engineer atm, seems you can only get 12 at a time..pita !

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Has anyone else noticed the passenger mission payouts have dropped through the floor? Having a hard time racking up a mill with 3 cabins full of grumbling moaners!

One stiffed me for 40 mill on the Katzenstein grind, refused to cough up for one ship scan! Is there any way of dumping them in deep space in an anarchy system as they always blob just as you're entering the dock? Grrrr!

Also ... restock is permanently stuck showing 10 cr despite me shooting off a shedload of ammo and restocking. Must be a glitch as all show 100%

BTW The carrot has been dangled again and I bought an Anaconda. Nice ship, prefer it to the other large ones. A rated to the max ... cost an arm and two legs of course but it's seemingly immune (so far) to anything that's been thrown at me. 3C Bi-weave in a 6 rate slot too!

BTW Kiki, not trying to teach you to suck eggs but do you always check your 'advanced repairs' section after every mission? If you ignore it you'll end up with either a large bill or a ship that wouldn't be out of place in the kitchen ... as a colander!
- SKYDOG1

Thanks, Skydog1 ! Yes, I did find that after a video by someone, and it reminded me of how many things - little things in appearance - that wind up being big things...

By "little" I mean no one tells you this in beginning tutorials that I have seen...like the instructor figures, "Oh, you already know this probably so why cover it?" attitude.

I did befriend you, Skydog1. We will chat obviously sometime. I go in for surgery tomorrow, so not sure how long before I am recovered enough to get to my bunker. My home's lower level is earth-bermed on three sides...good idea in Wisconsin, where it SNOWED yesterday!...and that is where my art studio, workshop and ED setup is, along with business computers, etc. There are 12 steps I have to traverse...so we will see.

I will make a bit of a progress report for everyone here in a second.
Thanks for all your help, buddy.

Kiki

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 5 years ago.

best of luck with the surgery mate Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Good Morning, Commanders. How is space this morning?

My progress so far has been great thanks to fellow commanders advice and concern.

I now have a Python (would include pic but do not see how to enter that here) and a 7A power distributor, along with upgraded military-grade hull, some decent fire power, etc.

I have been doing mostly core mining as that is where the big bucks are...and sped along my upgrading.

My last two missions I flew in OPEN play, and felt like a big grownup! I got interdicted only once but following your advice I escaped interdiction. Good thing as I was carrying a load of low temp diamonds and void opals! About a 25M trip which I had read about before in others' films and forums, but thought I would never get there.

Who am I to give advice, but if you are going to make big money so you can upgrade so make interdictors so sorry for messing with you (either by easily escaping or making them into Sky Burgers) you might want to listen to this, Beginners. Take time to learn about essentials needed for skipping around the galaxy to find the best prices for things. You can easily get 1,600,000 for void opals but you have to survive the trip. So, a) know how to map your route correctly, and, b) Have and know how to use a fuel scoop. (and how to avoid interdictions, of course) I am probably talking to the choir here, but these are things I wish I had known in the beginning.

And that knowledge comes in handy in ways other than mining and selling spots. Yesterday I traveled to a system and sold my load big time, but in re-stocking, I learned they had no limpets to sell! I had to travel 12LY to find a station with limpets, for Kiki's sake!

Oh, and one other thing I learned coincidentally was that when a docking outpost refuses your docking request, it does not mean forever. It probably means they have limited docking ports, and you need to wait your turn...just keep requesting. I remember a few weeks back that I was refused and given no reason and traveled to another system to find a place to dock and I was at 35%, limping along too.

Make a good day, gang o' mine!

Hugs all around...

Am having surgery tomorrow morning so will be laid up a bit (and not in a good way) so may be docked for a while but will be back!

KiKi

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Hope surgery goes smoothly KP and look forward to having you back online soon

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

Thanks, JayVee....

What is you commander name - that is, if you want me to add you to my friends list. No hurt if not.

Kiki

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 5 years ago.

We are already friends, I've messaged you a couple of times you didn't respond lol. I am Cmdr Jake Valent, also doing DW2 I am Cmdr Mr.Do and finally on PS4 I am Cmdr Jay88Vee, kind of complicated especially if playing on 2 machines at same time which I sometimes do lol.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »

You need to log-in to post here.