What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

yeah mate I will keep an ear/eye out for you but have been travelling about a bit lately so no computer games.

have unlocked all the colonia engineers for when I get there but most of the G5 stuff can be got before heading there...I think.... except for the shield bank G5 maybe..but not sure.
The engineers sure are a grind but ! Bricks

you guys that play in open without them have my admiration...sure the fsd is a no brainer but the rest is optional.
But the good thing about Farseer (although she is ugly ) is the fact that you can put a heap of experimental stuff on your modules for later upgrades. Smile

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

And the old bag charges an arm and a leg! Dizzy

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Man, I have no idea what you guys are talking about...I think I am in kindergarten here.
I equip a ship like usual...buying upgrades at Ray Gateway in Diaguandri System because it is 15% reduced price. I have 1.6B credits and am ready to do something different. I am an expert at only one thing: Core mining with my Python - Kiki Pitts VII - who I love to pieces!

But I need to do two things: Expand what I do on ED. Either core mining or sitting at a Nav Beacon potshooting weakened red letters.

Suggestions?

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

The 'Engineers' (Shown on the Galaxy map as a 'Purple Nut' symbol), will tweak various bits of your ship to make them perform better i.e. More effective/efficient weapons, shields or better FSD power plant etc. BTW If you're going to visit an engineer site DO IT IN SOLO NOT IN OPEN PLAY. There are sundry naughty people just hanging around such places waiting to relieve you of the hard earned goods the engineers demand as the price for their services. You can find the engineers and their requirements in your RH panel.

The modifications they make to your ship's machinery and weapons make the ship harder to kill by anyone intent on doing you in KP. You have to progress through the grades 1 - 5 and mods require various substances to be acquired to 'pay' for the modifications, ranging from elements surface mined on planets to more esoteric stuff like data obtained from interrogating ships by scanning them. Some of course just demand loot/credits but others want weird items from far flung places.

I suggest you buy an Orca (Which at c 400 mps flat out and a lot faster in boost can outrun most things out there) and do some passenger missions, they can be quite lucrative after you've worked up and become allied to various factions offering jobs, I reached 1.16 Billion credits mostly through passenger hauling, I've never mined a single void opal or cold diamond. But I vary it with a bit of combat at Res zones/nav beacons and elsewhere or do the odd cargo mission if the price is right. This afternoon I scored 10 million for just one passenger mission ... not as much as you'd get from hours mining away but it's a lot quicker return on your time.

My Orca 'Panty Raider' has no offensive weapons but is maxxed out on defence enhancements shield boosters, military bulkheads and a rated modules wherever possible.

I pack only 3 passenger cabins. 12 berth 1st, 6 berth 1st and a 6 berth business class. These 3 are more than adequate for any passenger missions offered. Don't bother with luxury class ... I've never had an offer of a job where it was demanded.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Quiet on here isn't it? Has everyone gone off on their hols? Wave

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 4 years ago.

Honestly I haven't played in quite a long time. I have just been playing my usual game Path of Exile. Played through No Man's Sky again a few months ago for the rest of the achievements. Im just waiting on the Terraria update so I can play that excessively, that should be out by the end of the year.

Just no real desire to play E:D. If they would add another save slot, I would start a new commander but right now I have everything and done everything so I always feel bored when I load it up, but I don't want to delete my current save either as it has so much time and effort put into it.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

There are only a few of us that are posting lately but because of the fairly constant updating, the game will live on I believe.
Most games can be played to a conclusion but ED not so, although I can understand Sinxar when one gets to a stage that having done everything it would be a bit boring until something new comes along.
Me I have a long way to go so can retain some interest.
One thing I am looking forward to is getting a VR for the PC. Just have to decide which one to get...the problem of getting my PS4 to work was beyond me sadly.
At least with this game you have to admit we are getting value for money!

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I understand what you mean Sinx. I've managed to accrue 1.5 billion (The hard way) and learned a lot, though I usually end up doing something totally in character for me (Dumb IOW Whatever) and ending up with a rebuild so the creds will come in handy. I don't fancy shooting rocks for hours on end (Probably less fun than watching snooker or darts) so I think I'm just about ready to set off for a tool around the black stuff. Probably in the DBX ''The Runt'' Big grin Though I'm inclined to an Orca for exploration, fast and lots of empty slots to put in all the junk that's needed.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I'm currently shooting rocks for hours on end lol. Trying to gain access to a couple of engineers, this is a big game but I know people who have been playing a lot longer than me and even though FD do bring out new additions to the game it must seem stale to them. { started playing ED on an atari ST I had been gutted to not be able to afford a BBC computer when the game first came out. Later on I played X2 through to Litcubes universe because it came closest to Elite, had lot's of help there thank's to Roguey. For me there is still a lot of capacity in this game, I'm involved in the BGS although it seems to be broken atm, I'm exploring, and I'm adding engineering mods to my fleets. For me this is the game I always wanted.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Haven't been able to log on since 1800 last night. Went to open the system map and the rotating coloured ring just went on ... and on ... and on. Had to log out and now though the game loads OK I get 'Cannot connect to server' after the rotating ship page. I've contacted FD but still waiting for an answer. Might have to uninstall and download again. Alien Dance 1

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Skydog I guess that you have checked your internet connection, are you using steam or direct access? I have had to bypass steam to get access to ED myself

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Using direct, don't have steam

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hope you are able to sort it out soon, are you on discord at all?

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

No, I jacked discord ... anyhoo, I sorted it myself after the usual B0££0CK$ when talking to techie types (via sluggish email) Check router, check signal strength, connect by wire to router and various other bits of tech gobbledygook which I totally ignored, if my internet is running properly then it can't be modem or sig strength issues, has to be a game issue... I then uninstalled the ED programmes and reinstalled the basic game on an SD card. This ran perfectly in open and solo ... only to find that my craft was stuck in orbit around some planet and dead in the water, like The Ancient Mariner with an albatross around my neck. A quick reboot and I took it home. I then downloaded Horizons and reinstalled that, also on the SD card. All running perfectly now. 36 hrs without ED! I was beginning to have withdrawal symptoms! Big grin

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Glad you got it sorted

« 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »

You need to log-in to post here.