What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

This is the Orca Kiki Pitts VIII
Picture

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

thanks Jake. must be my account not working, when I click I still get the pic, will either work on it or change host site maybe, at least KP pics come up on clicking.
We are getting there...would be nice to eventually get them to show in the post,

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Now can you land on these planets even tho they don't have a base or colony?

ha got that working at least lol.,,,hang on,,,no name underneath Bash the wall

no...wait..fixed it Cool

Now can you land on these planets even tho they don't have a base or colony?
- KikiPitts

KP any planet that has a blue ring on the top is landable

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

I mistakenly said that the Orca pic was Kiki Pitts' VII
but this is Kiki Pitts VII. It is my kitted out Python for core mining or fighting. Ain't she beautiful? I wish I could get my screenshots to work, but it maybe because I am using a cheapass television for my screen as most of my time is inside my Oculus headset ;-) I have an old computer that I am going to hook up soon, so maybe the screenshots will be better.

On how to get your pic up here...of course post it on Amazon/Google/whatever photo hosting, hit the share button, copy the link and paste it in between [img] and [img] here and hit 'post reply' - of course that is not ideal but it is a workaround until we figure out how to get the images to show up.

I am seeing higher-priced transports now after doing this a while....they were like 300,000, now for transporting one person it is up to 1M+ for 19ly job. Someone suggested getting all the REP+++++ you can so in rewards I have been choosing ones with highest +s after Rep when you get your payout. I don't need the moola as I have 1.8+B right now. I am transporting to learn it. I want to know how to do EVERYTHING in this incredible game. Why?

Because I want to use it to teach at-risk kids and keep them in school!

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

This works when I click on it, still cannot get it to show on post.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Let's ask Roguey. He said: I pressed F10 or print-screen and "uploaded the image to a site." But HOW did you upload it, Roguey? I think that is the question? Exactly what did youdo to upload it into your comment area?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

as far as I know we are doing what we think is the right way lol.

after sharing pic on our site we paste it between the img] (our pic)[img thing...it just does not work for us....we are noobs of course haha

Does my pic work for you when you click the icon ?

Also are you happy with your Oculus vr ?

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

LOVE IT! I would live in it if I wasn't married lol.

Hey WTF! I pick up some people to transport and am told I have a bandidio in my ship and suddenly I havea bounty on my head. I deliver the guy come out of the station and am under attack in 20 seconds and get blown out of the freakin sky! For what? My beautiful Orca Kiki Pitts VIII gone! $4m to bet it back and I am detention in BF nowhere. How does that work??? Did I miss a warning?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

ha....yep just happened to me as well.....always check the details on page..which I do but still missed the illegal ones in the list...got out of the slot and tried to get back in but no go...no docking permission...was getting blasted and down to 18% hull as I hitailed it out of the system....was scanned as I had permission on next system to dock but got blasted to heaven before I made it in....bummer !

note that there is not always the red writing on the page...sometimes it just has "criminal" in blue....as you probably know anyway.

Also even if you abandon their mission you still have to land somewhere to get rid of them!

getting near 70% trade ranking so I will keep on with the transport jobs for a bit more.

My missus would probably be happy if I had an Oculus to live in haha.

Still have not decided which vr to get yet...that primus one is pretty execy in OZ

does my pic come up when you click on it ?....just checkin

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Let's ask Roguey. He said: I pressed F10 or print-screen and "uploaded the image to a site." But HOW did you upload it, Roguey? I think that is the question? Exactly what did youdo to upload it into your comment area?
- KikiPitts

hi there, to get a picture to display here you will need to use the [img] tags. Upload to a image hosting site, such as https://imgur.com/, https://imgbb.com/, etc. Then get the UBB code - most sites will show this. Copy 'n paste the code here and the image should display.

You can also use youtube videos here - as sometimes its easier to show something in a video. To do so, use the [youtube] tags. For example you might see a video with the following address;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI3gRzT8OaY

you get the id, from after v= and finishing before & (if present), so the above would be;

[youtube]eI3gRzT8OaY[/ youtube] (remove the space between the / and youtube.

if the link has a and symbol, like so; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI3gRzT8OaY&t=181s

the id, would be the same; eI3gRzT8OaY

Alternately you can just bung the youtube link into the pop-up after clicking the youtube button in the editor. It should strip out all the unwanted letters for you. Hope that makes sense.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Bazr, 1 click on your picture takes you to Amazon Drive, another click on elite.png goes to a screenshot of your codex stats so it seems to work O.K. Well done you seem to have cracked it.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

thanks JV...just wanted to know if it worked other than for me....we will crack this eventually Smile

Roguey can you show us what this UBB code looks like...cannot seem to find it.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Roguey can you show us what this UBB code looks like...cannot seem to find it.
- Bazr

Which UBB code?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Then get the UBB code - most sites will show this. Copy 'n paste the code here and the image should display.
- Roguey

sorry mate..I was thinking it was NOT the code that comes up when we click on our pic and goes in between the img] code and address for pic [img as this is not working....hope i make sense !

« 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »

You need to log-in to post here.