What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Yeah the T10 is basically a big old Sealink ferry, for those who remember them.

Mamba sounds like an interesting bit of kit, wonder how suited it might be for deep core mining (basically strapped so you can stay out in the asteroid field without having to worry about the RNG pirates spilling your load).

Currently updating my Geforce driver to see if that helps with the black screen issue.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Sky:
Thanks for engineering tips.

Where did you load up Mamba weapons?
KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

I changed my dolly for a teddy long ago...they seem to be more durable when I spit the dummy Angry

Had a go last night and did experience a black screen drop out so don't think it is your problem BV

Also with the pirates appearing when mining I read if you let them check you out before starting they go away and do not come back for that session.....but do not quote me on that as I do not have much experience in that area, although when I did try it did appear to be true in my case...also some point defence might be useful if you have the space.

KP as far as I know everything can be got at Jameson in Shinrarta Dezhra

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks Bazr. Switching to borderless window I managed 2 x ~40min play sessions with no black screen crash but I am beginning to wonder if it might be a server issue. That said though, why would I still be hearing sound?!

VegaNexos

VegaNexos avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 4 years ago.

spzzz- Hey everyone

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Now the game seems to have stabilised again, pushed enough mining to buy a Krait Mk2 so I can go and do...even more mining.

I think I could come to love this boat - plenty of module space, albeit if I want to keep two cargo bays I can't carry a SRV and can fit with some teeth which allows me to stay out in the Pristines until all 128 units of space are full.

Needs a bit of love from Farseer - I was able to swap in my G1 FSD from the AspX which gives me around 22LY max - good enough for the Bubble but if I want to venture further out really want to be 30+. Once funds permit, also considering an Explorer build Krait 2, with D rated units and minus the mining kit (but with an SRV bay and AFMU or two) would be a nice ship to cruise up to Beagle Point in.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi VegaNexos Wave

BV..at some stage in the future you may consider getting the Guardian FSD booster....it adds about 10ly to any ship......bit of mucking around to get it but.

Especially if you are considering going for a big drive somewhere like Beagle pt..and look at jumping on a neutron to help also.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome VigaNexos, BV Krait Mk 2 is my favorite ship. For exploration on my alt account I'm using a Phantom jump range is 47 ly not fully engineered as I didn't have time before DW2. Not bothered about a huge range a I might miss something lol. I didn't use neutron highway either, he has since been to Colonia and on his way back to the bubble, but had to leave him to concentrate on BGS in main account.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, Sky, you Dog you!
I decided to try it out and bought a Mamba* also...
Had lot of fun around Diaguandri Nav Beacon...
But I could not get the cannon to fire.

I have two burst lasers and two beam lasers and a multi-cannon. I paired the cannon with the burst lasers, but no go. So, I silenced the smaller burst lasers and just fired off the multi-cannon but it won't fire. What am I doing wrong?

Also, if I fire the beam lasers for very long, I get WARNING OVERHEATING!!! repeated over and over. What gives with that, fellas?

*I like to spiff up my ships and went to buy a paint job but they wouldn't take Paypal but wanted some AVS or AVX or something in English lbs. (I am in the US and the only pounds we have are at the grocery store.
What gives with that baloney?)

Can't have a ship going out with factory paint and be in the Kiki Pitts lineup.

Clear skies, Commanders!

KP

PS...yes, someone asked - my offical name is "Dr. DJ" - I used it in another game and just stuck with it when I signed up.

*Guess what? This is going to be Kiki Pitts IX! I have gone thru 8 ships. Still have my Cobra Mark for sentimental reasons, my Python for mining, the Orca for transport and now the Mamba for combat. [Thanks for that idea, SD! She is a zippy mother!]

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi KP it sounds as if your multi cannons are turreted, in which case they need to be set to auto fire. Go to ship in the menu and you will see turret weapon mode, I set mine to fire at will. Can't help with buying guide haven't bought anything for a while perhaps you now have to purchase arx or whatever they are called. Luck with that one.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Sky:
Thanks for engineering tips.

Where did you load up Mamba weapons?
KP
- KikiPitts

From what I had in storage KP. I'm a hoarder, I never chuck anything away, especially if it's been engineered! Wink

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Have you checked the modules are online? If you're overpowered it will power them down. Shut down everything you don't need i.e. Cargo hatch, AFM, limpet controller etc. until you need them whence you will have to power down something else to use them. Hint DO NOT power down Life Support. That is the BAD thing. Wink

Hey, Sky, you Dog you!
I decided to try it out and bought a Mamba* also...
Had lot of fun around Diaguandri Nav Beacon...
But I could not get the cannon to fire.

I have two burst lasers and two beam lasers and a multi-cannon. I paired the cannon with the burst lasers, but no go. So, I silenced the smaller burst lasers and just fired off the multi-cannon but it won't fire. What am I doing wrong?

Also, if I fire the beam lasers for very long, I get WARNING OVERHEATING!!! repeated over and over. What gives with that, fellas?

*I like to spiff up my ships and went to buy a paint job but they wouldn't take Paypal but wanted some AVS or AVX or something in English lbs. (I am in the US and the only pounds we have are at the grocery store.
What gives with that baloney?)

Can't have a ship going out with factory paint and be in the Kiki Pitts lineup.

Clear skies, Commanders!

KP

PS...yes, someone asked - my offical name is "Dr. DJ" - I used it in another game and just stuck with it when I signed up.

*Guess what? This is going to be Kiki Pitts IX! I have gone thru 8 ships. Still have my Cobra Mark for sentimental reasons, my Python for mining, the Orca for transport and now the Mamba for combat. [Thanks for that idea, SD! She is a zippy mother!]
- KikiPitts

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Good morning, Commanders!
Hey, where do you get a Guardian? 10ly??? Wow. Want it. Waaaaannnnnnnnt it. Why? It is not just another bauble, but I have noticed this lately. I plot a route, and it is not THAT far (like 18ly) and it plots the route in Nav...then when I get ready to engage warp it says it's "too far" (okayokay that is not the language but I don't remember little details ((and NOT because I am a blonde! lol)) Basically, it knows my ship that is plotting, gives me the route then when I try to engage superdrive it says "not enough" gas for that route, BUT - and here is what ticks me off - it doesn't tell me how to get there! I mean, what gives? I can fuel scoop my way anywhere but not if I don't have a route with legs short enough.*

I think I am missing something obvious, but a Guardian, sounds like the extra fuel tank I need.

*I have had to call Fuel Rats once...what a bunch of nice people! They know their stuff and are so kind and patient - even with blonde commanders. I almost WANT to run out of fuel to call them again.

PS I want to put up a headshot of my avatar which I have created to look as much like me as possible but how are people getting such clean screen shots? When I take a pic. with my digital cam of the screen, no matter how close I get it is all "pixellated"...ideas?

Make a great sky for your own selves, Fellas!!!

Commander Kiki Pitts

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

KP ..I can at least point you in the direction for Guardian stuff...too much info to type out so best would be to do a search for ed regarding same...eg. "elite dangerous guardian fsd"......there are heaps of videos explaining where to go for the blueprints and how to go about getting them..you will need a smaller ship with buggy attached...also very important..have one or two missile defence on top of your ship.

With the route problem have you tried replotting ?

hope some of this helps

the other guys are more experienced so may have more info for you. Smile

regarding life support...I laugh every time I am reminded.....some time ago I had a bit of damage when exploring, so used the repair option which obviously shuts everything down...and you have to bring them all back on line,,,did not know that at the time.....,was totally ignoring the warnings I could hear in the background...hearing is not good anyway lol....obviously the lady was yelling at me to turn the life support back on..which I did not and ...errrr....deceased myself.
lesson learned..but it was still funny in a way.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Man I got on tonight for a bit of a play and experienced about half dozen dropouts ?? anyone else ?

Not only that..I was trading goods between two stations one jump apart for about an hour at least and then as I approached one station they wanted a permit ???

Dunno what I had done to upset them lol .

I gave up then but had to return the goods to where I purchased them.

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.