What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

I have a drink problem ... the stuff is too bloody expensive! Roll on Monday and the Duty Free shop at Leeds/Bradford Airport. 3 bottles of rum for me and 3 bottles of Mother's Ruin for Mein Fuhrer. Off for some R & R at my landing pad in Turkey for 8 weeks. Big grin

Anyhoo ... a fun morning. Made enough shunting stiffs for a rebuy then off to do some missions.

Recover Rare artwork for refinery ... Legal as well! Sounded routine enough but....

I should have known that this wasn't going to be easy. And it wasn't...

Found the target destination 'Threat 4' ... Shee-it! Thinks I. Cry

But in for a penny ... Recovered three of the four cans then the opposition turns up. 4 Anacondas.

Got my arse handed to me on a plate in short order. I can usually manage one 'Conda by itself but 4 at once is way above my Python's pay grade. Rebuy! Abandon mission, loss of rep. I know when to stop flogging a dead horse. Might have to invest in something with a bigger dick. Corvette perhaps? What would you recommend?

Back to the drawing board. Happy days. Big grin

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Have a good break, don't share your rum with anyone else, and don't start any forest fires. Regarding recovery missions you can always run and high wake out, then look for the mission target again, pick up the items you need and complete the mission. As for best ship I love the krait 2, I need more rep to buy a corvette, but would still have the krait as my everyday ship

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Rules:

1 NEVER share rum. o|---) Guests get vodka or the wife's gin.

2. The lightning usually kicks off the forest fires in Turkey. Either that or some idiot has left a glass bottle lying in the sun. It's a stunning country but the locals aren't exactly 'environmentally friendly'
The Turkish Orman (Fire Services) are really professional when it comes to fighting forest fires. We had one started by lightning on the hill at the back of our property. Within 5 minutes the Fire Jumpers were out of the helo beating it down then the Helo dropped a bag full of water from the local lake onto it. Job done in 10 minutes though I think the jumpers may have needed to dry out a bit. There are fire watchers on all the high peaks keeping an eye out for them. I remember the one atop Baba Dag from my paragliding days. They also ran a little shop up there for the extra cash. The flight onto Olu Deniz beach took and hour as you started from a mile and a half up! Got some pictures (somewhere) Mostly of my knees looking down from my baby chair suspended under a bag of washing. I'll see if I can dig them out. Those Turkish thunderstorms are really spectacular and a joy to watch. Wave

Checked out a build for a Corvette ... won't get much change out of a billion, busy grinding the creds so that I will have a billion left over for any rebuilds. I could always trade-in my Python but I'll keep it in the barn for now just in case the Corv. turns out to be a pig. Big grin

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

My PS4 Cmdr has a Corvette and it is a great ship. Jake was my first account and i had reached elite in Trade before i bought a PS4 so I don't understand why he doesn't have high enough rank in Federation to buy a Corvette although I did spend some time supporting the Alliance, all the time spent on BSG is in Federation territory. I'll just keep plugging away have plenty of credits to buy and kit one out, it's the only ship I still want in the hangar

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I ranked up to admiral in about a week doing missions for the Feds. Looking at LHS 80 where they give a 15% discount on ships and outfitting. A bit of a schlep but worth it. I'll probably buy a cheapo ship and fly to it and trade it in. DBX probably for the good jump range.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Ray gateway in Diaguandri does ship discounts as well. I'm doing fed missions all the time working on the BGS but it's a long haul. I thought you were going to Turkey.We are at war atm and my Krait 11 is doing a really good job as is my fighter pilot.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Going to Turkey on Monday. All the kids will be heading home after the holidays so should be quiet!

Who are you at war with?

Got 700,000,000 to spare now so may have a shufti at the ship market LHS 80 tomorrow.

I've done a build for it ''Brute Force'' Big grin

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Civil war with Revolutionary party of Diaguandri, these things happen not long finished elections against another faction. Never owned a DBX, I have a Viper 4, an Asp x, Krait 11, Krait phantom, Dolphin, Python, Anaconda, Type 10 defender, FDL. Only one I might get rid of is Type10.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Yeah they are a big lumbering ... target. Wink

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

For KP. Here's the Orca (Final build) for a lean, clean, passenger-carrying, racing machine!

Weapons 0
Utility Mts. 0

Internals:

1A Mil. Comp. Bulkheads (Optional. Ordinary lightweight will do just fine. I'm just paranoid)
5A Power Plant (Armoured Mod)
6A Thrusters (Clean Drive Tuned Mod Dirty tuned is a (little) bit faster but has drawbacks)
5A FSD (Shielded Mod)
6A Life Support (Optional 6E would do fine)
5A Power Distributor (Engine Focused Power Mod)
4A Sensors

Optional Internal:

6C 1st Class Passenger Comp. (12)
5C 1st Class (6)
5c 1st Class (6)
4D Business Class (6)
5C Bi-Weave Shield Generator (Optional)
3D Hull reinforcement (Optional)
Det Surface Scanner (Optional Just there to fill an empty slot ... OCD! Could be AFM slot)
Supercruise Assist
Advanced Docking Computer.

Consider: The fastest out of the box ship the Imperial Eagle:

Top Speed 300 M/S Boost 399 M/S

This Orca build:

Top Speed 411 Boost 520 Jumps range 22 LY

NOTHING is going to catch you!

Submitted to interdiction this morning ... back in Jump 5 seconds later! Submitting to interdiction does not cause your ship any damage! You can be interdicted in Safe Disengage but you will ALWAYS drop out at the target station.

You will notice I've added the 4D Bus. Class slot. I've been missing a trick (Being a bit dim) I've often had to miss an extra load because I didn't have the carrying capacity. The extra slot covers this and 'Rich Tourists' are quite happy to be deposited in Bus. Class.

Getting minted! Big grin

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi guys,

forgotten which one of you has the VR but if you can make any comment it would be welcome as I am trying to decide which one to get for the PC.

At the moment the one I am looking at is the Chinese Pimax 4K one with the highest definition....also it has gone up in price with the latest model bummer.

Also now with the Carriers coming out in Nov (I think), Sinax you should have reason for new interest hopefully..would hate to see you delete your game now.

Lots of conjecture regarding price, level of rank etc....

I won't hazard a guess at price but I rekon triple elite would be required,,,but that's me.

Anyho should be a bit of fun at least !

Oh yeah one last question....started working on trade ranking but have done very little so far....is making just over 3 Mil for a short run that takes about 10 minutes okay or should I look further ?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

this is an interesting lot of stats from the INARA site...

"Artie wrote:
I was asked for some numbers for the speculation about the upcoming Fleet carrier price and as I think it may be interesting for everybody, there are the numbers of general wealth distribution of Inara commanders, if do you will find that useful. Enjoy.

These data are just and only from Inara commanders updating their profiles and may not represent the actual game state at all. The sample size is around 100k commanders, the numbers are covering just the credits achieved (not the overall assets value) and are following:
~ 82% commanders are having less than 1 billion in credits
~ 18% are having more than 1 billion in credits
~ 7% are having more than 2 billions in credits
~ 2% are having more than 5 billions
~ 0.7% are having more than 10 billions
~ 0.2% are having more than 20 billions"

wtf ???...more than 20 Bill ??...obviously they do not work or sleep lol

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

WOW..I will quietly just keep quiet then Smile

AND ...you should have enough cash for the carrier ...if not there are a lot of us in deep manure !!!

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Ps. can I ask how you pasted the page ?

« 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »

You need to log-in to post here.