What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

yeh I have played the other fallout games but heard the griefers are active in that one...how have you found it yourself ?

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

I only play FO4 single player, haven't touched FO76.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Has anyone else noticed that the starport hologram to the left of the HUD is out of kilter by about 90 degs. to the actuality?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

no but I will certainly check it out since you mentioned Smile

too busy trying to dock most times..

anyone..with the prismatic shield, are they much hassle to get and can you keep them if you leave Duval, and also put them in storage and they stay there for use later..I assume if you wanted to buy more for other ships you would do it whilst still a member.
Also would like to know if they are interchangeable between ships.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

game unplayable atm because of mission screen lockup after Thursday update...going to engineer screen as suggested does not work....is know issue apparently that has happened before...but not to me until now......not happy as I am gonna lose quite a few million that I cannnot cash in...oh well, money no big deal but not playing game could be a problem lol.

anyone else ?

ps. yeh sorry BV...wrong fallout game, have finished FO4 but did not get the latest because of the bad press re griefers.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

update....got it sorta working again by not booting from Steam....but mission screen is still unstable at times.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Yes I too had the mission screen jammming/locking on Thurs. Tried delete and reinstall to no avail. FDev end problem. Sorted Friday morning. Station holgram L HUD now back in line. Problems ... problems! Confused

Anyhoo ... bought the Beluga, nice for those big paying missions but what size ship can carry 500 first class passengers?????

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

So ... finally whittled it down to 3 ships Corvette, Beluga and AspX All A rated and engineered to the max. I'm particularly happy with the first two, Beluga earning huge chunks of creds on the passenger runs and the Corvy is slaughtering everything it comes up against.

The AspX has a great jumps range and perfect for planetary mining and small missions.

Next project ... A mining Orca. I've kept all the engineered bits to reinstall when I decide to have a go.

With a billion and a half creds in the banko it shouldn't be a problemo gringos. Big grin

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Ditched the Adder in favour of a Cobra Mk III, so I could kit it out for deep core mining. However acquiring a new ship is a total grind to find other than D or E rated parts so you can get it to a decent spec. Seems 95% of stations either don't stock the items or if you're lucky maybe up to C level or A and B only in the small ( 1 or 2 ) rated sizes.

As for the mining equipment, I had to look that up on line in the real world which kind of destroys the immersion factor a bit.

I know it could be a bit of a chore in X3/TC getting all the weapons for a big build, but at least as a last resort you could build your own fab and ship the raw materials in to make it yourself!

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

The AspX had to go. Nice little ship but no match for anything a size up from it ... even all A rated. Got severely battered, several times.

So ... back to Monty Python again. Traded in the Asp and A Rated and engineered everything possible in the Python, then took it out to see if it was still as capable as I remembered. It is!

So my final, final lineup 'Lil'Fed Corvette' 'Beluga Caviar' and 'Monty Python' Big grin

I did outfit the Orca for mining ... Not enough power in the bank and struggling even with A Rated Plant and engineered. Spent ages shutting modules down and starting them up. Got fed up with it. So....

Flogged it Part X on a Python but stored all the good bits first, some of which transferred nicely over to the Python and the rest from storage. I learned the hard way. NEVER sell-off engineered parts!

Anyhoo I've given up on mining ... It's less exciting than watching paint dry.

So today a mixture of passengers, missions for factions and a bit of fisticuffs in the Python.

Not a bad total of 182 million creds for the day.

Almost back up to 2 bills in the banko after my brief, but rapid, pecuniary plummet from the spending spree. Beer

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I'm going to be inclined to agree re the mining, at least in the Cobra. You can only carry a limited amount of limpets and no space for a SRV to land and gather mats to resupply. I did have a go (not in pristine rings admittedly) and the sum total of two hours real time gameplay was 5 x 2/3 full bins in the refinery, mostly low grade stuff.

By the time I'd found rocks with any worthwhile minerals, my limpets were down to 50% from the prospecting. I then spent a frustrating time trying to line up seismic charges with the spinning rock, finally got the readout in the blue and - bang - failed to blow up the 'roid. Can't do sub surface stuff as didn't pack a mining laser, the few surface deposits I found blew off with the abrasion blaster and used my remaining limpets to collect the rubble.

I'm going to make more money selling the nav data I acquired looking for systems with rings..!

Not giving up on it, but think I will be ditching the Cobra for something with a bit more space. Mining really needs to be like exploration where your ship is self sufficient and equipped to stay out for a while without coming back in to re-supply.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I agree Vern ... but I won't be going back to mining anytime soon.

I prefer the mind-boggling juggling you have to do to squeeze as many passengers into the lounges as possible for the largest return. It can be quite baffling and frustrating at times but the payouts are decent and the creds roll in quite fast.

BTW 'Big Vern?'... 'Viz?' ''You'll never take me alive copper! Hand me another box of buckshot Ernie I'm running low on firing back!''

Guns

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

for me the Cobra is handy to keep for ..speedy missions(it can be very fast ) good at evading interdictions ,data missions, travelling about (decent jump range), and apparently ok at combat,,,,the python is a good mining ship..and great all rounder.

ps. hey Roguey...is it possible to make the "next" button go to "last" pg on the index ?
It is getting a long thread and I am a lazy old man, who sometimes finds himself watching paint dry on occasions hehe...and I do not want to become addicted to that !

no biggie of course, I will still enjoy the forum. Smile

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

+1 Re the "Next" button (or maybe we should just start a Pt2 new thread?!).

Re the mining, it's starting to come together now. Made about 8 million credits yesterday from splitting rocks for Alexandrite and Bentonite. Need to work on my seismic charge placement as it's easy to miss the fissure, also I didn't realise you can regulate for a bigger blast by holding the trigger down for a couple of seconds before deploying.

It's certainly more fun than running random courier missions, though the latter will be required at some stage to grind the eng. mats.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I thought the T10 Defender Power and Dist modules had been uprated to size 8?

Bought one at Strzelecki Gateway LP 7-226 this afternoon and it was both still 6E ????

Flogged it back and lost 11 mill on the bloody trade! Grrrrrr!

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.