What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

No Bazr no problem with dropping out, have seen some odd situations of ships just hanging about doing nothing and 1 in the letter box ramming itself into the wall

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Funny how a seeming disaster turns out for the best ... Took my eye off the ball tonight as I let the ship float off and went to make a cuppa. Got back just in time to see my Beluga crash and burn as it hit the station I'd just left. 9 mill for the rebuild..... Bummer!

So I went back in and consulted the passenger lounge to make up the losses (not to mention my demotion from blue-eyed boy with the Controlling factor) ...

40 Rich Tourists to Feoktistov Dock, Aktzin (a bit of a hike) ... 19 mill credits!

Trebles all round and splice the mainbrace! o|---)

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

When you say "float off"....was it stationary or heading in a direction ?

just a query to you mining peeps.....does say Painite mining increase trade rank quicker than normal trading ?.....just curios.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I must have nudged the trackball as I got up from the table Baz and I always leave the ship at full tilt heading away from the station. All's well that ends well though. Sounds like a good title for a comedy play. Wink

I've bought (At discount of course, well I am a 'thrifty' Yorkie) a(nother) Python '49-ER' (KP will catch the drift of the moniker) and set it up for mining and went of to Fliss to get everything engineered up this morning. All set to go and have another bash at it.

And guess what? I only found a pristine Rhodplumsite ringer in my own damned system! Smile

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Sinxar are you still around and do you remember saying....

"I ended up engineering it for resist tanking but I was considering going for buffer tank instead"

did you arrive at a decision mate ?

I am looking down the road at a Corvette for combat probably.

Also hope you still have your game even though the carrier has been delayed.

ps. yep "miner 49er" lol

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I've been learning the ropes all day and actually came back with a profit! Only quarter mill of mined goodies but it's a start. BTW Those 'hot spots' are a misnomer ... didn't find an ounce of painite or rhodplumite in any of them. Plenty of pirates but the 49er sent them off to Valhalla with ease. Smile

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

OK the 49-ER mining build:

Weapons:
3C Beamer long range 3C Multi efficient weapon
2B Seismic Charge Launcher 1D Abrasion Blaster (Might change to mining laser) 2B Sub Surface Displacement missile

Utility:
2 X Monstered OA Shield Boosters 0A Pulse Wave 01 Chaff Launcher

Core:
1A Mil.Grade Bulkheads 7A Mod Power Plant 6A Mod Thrusters 5A Mod FSD 4A Life Support 7A Mod Power Dist. 6A Lightweight Sensors

Optional:
2 X 6E Cargo Racks (160) 6C Bi-Weave Sh.Gen mod 5C Coll.Limpet 1A Prospector Limpet 4A Mod fast charge Sh.Cll Bank 3A refinery Det. Surf. Scanner

Is there anything I've missed out that I should have KP?

I also bought and A Rated a Cobra Mk.III (Postman Pat) for doing postie missions (Paid for itself after about 3 missions!) I also intend to use it as an 'experimental' craft in that I intend going to try to ride the lightning on the Neutron Highway ... Cheap rebuild and I don't want to erm... 'sacrifice' anything too costly in the pursuit on knowledge ... or mainly stupidity in my case.

KP 3 places to gain Engineering materials:

Do the unidentified signal sources in:

1. Savitskaya ... nothing too desperate here but don't do any 'weapons fire' over Level 2 and you should be OK provided you've got half decent weapons as it's mostly harmless idiots looking for a bit of thievery that turn. Hint: DO NOT shoot any ships that say 'Clean' (Like I sometimes do in error)

2. Alrai ... Loads of engineering materials to grab here for free. Look for encoded and high end encoded for the real good stuff. Again, nothing weapons fire over level 2 and you should be OK

3. Bast ... massive amounts of unidentifieds in this one. Where I always go to find 'Weapons Fire 4' so that I can get a decent fight and a steady increase in combat rank.

Try it in open play KP. I actually met a live one yesterday, they just said hello and waved. You get less interdictions in Open.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY...I SAY FINALLY...YAHOO.. EFFING AWESOME DUDE...5 1/2 HIGH FIVES...RIPPER MATE...MUCH ELATION...ok settle down....nah stuff it...WEEEEEEE...WHOA YEAH...MUCH JUMPING IN THE AIR..RUNNING IN CIRCLES KICKING THINGS FOR JOY....EVEN KISSED THE MISSUS...well that calmed me a bit lol.

what?...oh yeah..FINALLY made trade elite after eons of slogging....for me it was way slower than explorer...finally got some decent movement in percentage when I tried the Painite ...last couple of days did it with the python bringing in around $62 M per run.

NOW I can look at combat ..think I would probably ....ok for the forum types..prolly..end up with the Corvette so I will start setting one up when I settle down.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I too find hotspots to be a bit erratic. Serendibitie locations seem to be the most productive, just made 22 million credits worth in 45 mins or so (including travel). Not sure how some of the high rollers claim to be making far more than that. I also find bright yellow, as proclaimed in various YT mining guides does not always = a rock with a core. 90% are probably still duds.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I too finally found the mother lode and came home with it yesterday. Cold diamonds! Only one can but 1/2 mill creds. Finally managed to tear apart a big rock (overdid it a bit I must admit) but several chunks of diamonds flew off and I scooped them up. The pitiful mining laser couldn't shift any of the surface dep. diamonds so I had to leave them ... But it's a start and I can only improve.

Mad as hell this morning. Just getting to into Lei Chungs station to get engineered with a second 100 cans of gold for him (They call it a 'donation' for some reason) when the bloody server blobbed.

So off I goes again when I'm back in and dropped off where I started from Grrrr! only to be interdicted by a T10 ... bloody game wouldn't let me submit as I usually do so I got dragged out of jump. I was so mad that I turned on the T10 and gave him the cold steel (or rather the hot laser) right up the jacksie 'til he exploded. Now he knows how Edward II felt. Those T10's make even my Python look like a prima ballerina when it comes to outmanouevring them. Anyhoo ... got to the station and upgraded the Bi-weaves to G5. Time to go try them out on some unfortunate. Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

SD - only thing missing is your sun pooper scooper for refueling...ya might need that you 49er miner...
That is a decent load out....
You know I never noticed a "grade" on limpets..just bought what was there...wonder what differences there are and what gives with each one.

Oh, you drifted into a station. Crickey! I wish I had seen that on video! Do you think there was an explosion or did they wipe you out before you hit?

I have been doing more core mining...and always use my Platinum Python Kiki Pitts VIII as she bumps into 'roids and never is affected one bit. I was shoving a small one around one day with my nose but they kept drifting off - too pointy. I was wondering what would happen if you are being fired upon and you were shoving a 'roid in front of you when those mean ass idiots tried to pick you off.

I was mining in Ross 376 (LOT of icy rings in that system and Clauss Mines pays consistently high for VO, LTD, Grand, and Alex.) and some jerk decided to take me out...for what???? I was on Open Play so maybe I asked for it. But then, the fun began, rather than have to shift over to weapons and risk losing the 65 tons of VO I had, I decided to hide hopscotch fashion behind a series of 'roids and he finally took off. 65 x 753,000 at Clauss came to about 50,000,000...not badk for couple hours work.

Thing about Clauss is you cannot buy limpets anywhere in Ross 376 so I run off to Diaguandri and load up when I need to.

Safe Skies and Moon Pies, Boys!

Picture

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I've plonked in a scoop KP. Dumped something non-vital. I've monstered the 3C Bi-weaves to G5 and if they're anything like the ones on Monty (Python) they'll take a severe beating without dropping a single shield ring. I went out in Monty for a killing spree at the Compromised Nav Beacon yesterday and if anything it stands up better in a fight than my Corvette so I may have to do a little more work on 'Brute Force' to get the shields up to scratch. Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Yah, and I am going to look to you how to do that as - see, I was just thinking I was an inept fighter, and now I can blame it on non-brute-forced shields! I am really the DB when it comes to engineering anything out of what is on menu...not very creative that way.
But I really want to know.

I took out my new Mamba yesterday! Wish they didn't name it that...I hate snakes! PS - I actually believe I was born to KILL snakes. How is that for KP Weird? People say: "Oh, you shouldn't kill them...they eat pests." My response: "Yah, and the biggest pest is the frickin' snake and me, not him, is the Grand Pest Remover!"

Years ago, when I was in college, a guy had a little python he was wearing around his neck, (Now how bright is that, wearing a constrictor as a necktie???). My roomie had told him I hated snakes so he is waving this thing's head in my face. (Cuz, it is so cool, terrifying girls and making them run and scream).
So, this jerk sticks this snake in my face...and I said, "You like that thing?" "Huh?" he says? So, I spoke slowly, "Do-you-like-that-f***ing-snake?" "Oh, Jerry, and I are best mates," he smirks moving closer. I think he was surprised when I moved closer to him! I pulled a Bic pen from my notebook and held it like an ice pick. "Okay, so you and 'Jerry' best remove yourself from my perimeter because I was born to kill the slithery bastards, and if you are wearing it like a noose around your neck like an idiot, maybe I should remove both of you and do the world a favor."

Never saw "Jerry" again. Saw the idiot but he never looked my way, and I wasn't bad looking then either.LOL

Anyway, I digress, which is a problem when I just get up, have my first cup of coffee and settle in here behind my computer. I never open my email til later because the first email response goes on and on - sorta like this! lol So, I promise not to open Roguey first thing either - ever again.

Anywwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay: I want to deck the snake out but what is this new AXL thing? Is that the ONLY way you can buy addons? I noticed that I am accumulating AXLs with just doing things...how does that work?

Okay, so we have two questions...how to build up sheilds and then AXLs.

Sorry, mates, I just got the runny mouth this morning...

Safe skies and Smack a Pirate for Jesus!

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Congratulations Bazr, hope you are not too close to those fires

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

thanks JV...no the fires are couple of hundred K north of us but I have a few mates up there, the areas affected are quite large and in three states at the moment...very tragic.

Tried my first go at real combat ....in a conflict zone to get some bonds for one of the engineers.

Well I did not die but the shields on the Python keep vanishing so I came back to Jameson and threw in some more guardian shield reos and now have 1300 odd to hide behind...have not tried it yet...also put on some big lasers, multicannon,cannon and seeker missile.

Looking forward to trying it out.....being a bit of a wimp as well as I will be playing in a low intensity zone until I learn to survive and come up with a satisfactory build combination.

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.