What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

thats a bummer SD1...do you get discount there ?

I usually buy at Jamieson Stn for the discount, they have everything I believe.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

No discount there Baz ... I suppose I'll have to schlep to Jamieson or Blair Dock in Gollobo. Cry

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

c40 Million discounted at Jameson! Big grin

The ship is badly 'advertised' ... It still shows a 6 rated Power plant in the 'brochure' ... what it doesn't tell you is that it CAN be upgraded to an 8!

Normally what's in the core internals cannot be upgraded any higher than the module that's already in.

Oh well ... at least I saved a few bob on the affair. Smile

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Flogged it. At a profit! It's a pile of junk. Handles like a brick in supercruise and the weapons racks aren't of a high enough oomph.

Sticking with the Corvy for cargo runs. It's got enough cargo hold space for the majority of missions. I don't do the stupid numbers runs that entail going back and forth 50 times to the same station.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Odd sort of day ... made a tidy sum on the passenger missions but I have to question the idiocy that is the 'alternative destination'

Picked up a nice little earner: 54 Tourists to Curbeam Stn. LTT 16523 7,652,000 Creds. 28.16 LS from star.

So off I goes out of the station and the message flashed up:

Alternative destination: Feoktistov Dock Aktzin 189,000.00 LS from star. Extra reward 77,900 Creds.

Sod that! They went to Curbeam whether they liked it or not. If they offered a concomitant reward for what is in fact an extra mission then I'd be happy to oblige. Until then NO 'Alternatives, NO Tourist beacons, NO War zones and NO damned Find Commodities picking up. Why the hell they'd want a fridge freezer on board is a mystery to me!

This afternoon I went out for a bit of mayhem in the Corvy at a Compromised Nav Beacon (There's always plenty of targets at one of these) with my hired fighter pilot crew-woman.

So I'm happily slotting a single target, an Anaconda Elite pilot and have battered him down to 25% and ready to start in on him with the heat and corrosion Multi Cannons when every bugger and his dog suddenly set about me ... My fighter buddy was destroyed and I high tailed it out with 63% integrity left on the clock.

It would seem that my dumb limpets had gone off on a shopping spree as there were no valid targets left for them to collect so they shipped in a canister of bootleg booze and some Hydrogen fuel that was illegal salvage.

Didn't find out why until I'd escaped the wrath of the local hooligans and I noticed the little logo 'illicit cargo' was illuminated. They need to display these warnings in BIG BOLD LETTERS for the cranially challenged!

Bloody limpets will get you killed! Bricks

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, Boys! Kiki Pitts is back in the rack! Been camping out to Maine Coast for 3 weeks then a trip to Baltimore, inlaws visiting (story coming on that!)...
Point being, I have been away from ED but am happy to be back!
A lot to glean from all your postings in last month...looks juicy...
Mo later, I have a lot to tell you!
KP in the pit!

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

GunsSo my inlaws were here (left this morning and why I am back in the Commander' Chair!) and I asked them a couple days ago if they had ever experienced immersive virtual reality. They didn't even know what it was, so I strapped mommy-in-law into my Oculus Rift and I should have warned her a bit better I think...LOL. Oculus has a little immersive 3D video which features some little cartoon critters, then after 30 seconds fades to an alien on a planet, then fades to a 100th floor on a grate in a steam punk world, then finally, in a historic museum...[have you guys seen this?] There is a rumbling and then around a corner about 100 yards is a Tyro Rex dinosaur and it spots the Oculus user and comes stomping up to the viewer and roars and spit flies all over and mother-in-law is screaming, "Make it stop, make it stop!" and is cringing sideways back into the ergonomic chair as far as she can go...

I thought I would die with laughter...

Then I put her into Dead and Buried, Old Western shoot em up game :https://roguey.co.uk/forum/images/smilies/2gunsfiring_v1.gifguns
and I could not pry her out of the chair.

Finally got her into Google VR and she freaked. She and hubby had just returned from a European trip and she yelled at her husband, "We could have saved $11000 because I am in Lucerne right now!"

The power of the immersive VR medium is amazing. [If you have not done VR immersive ED with an Oculus Rift or whatever, do not deny yourself this! Borrow, steal, save, beg, or at least ask for it for a birthday or Christmas gift]

Some of you know that I want to develop ED modifications to engage at-risk kids and keep them in school...i.e., they have their own ship and have assignments that will involve the subject matter they are required to learn but will do it as a Commander. I met these guys from London who own a company that is willing to do it.

If you know of any educators who are hip to ED and want to join the team effort...PLEASE give me their contact info.

OKAY!! Sorry....can you tell I get excited? I could live in my Python forever...
And I LOVE talking with and learning from you guys, you have taught me so much. Again, if I can help anyone learn core mining let me know.

Still trying to master transporting...so now I am back will pick up where I left off a month ago.
After that, who knows? My goal is to master every element of the game so I can then be able to help convert it to an at-risk education format.

But this learning sure is fun!!! hahahaha

I am going to go back and read you posts over last month...gotta learn about "Engineering"....and increasing rank, as that is all pretty foreign to me so far. I am still stationed in Bhotega I think ... will find out on Wednesday as I will be back in the saddle a LOT then...

Good day, Commanders...stay spaced out!

Kiki

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Sounds like you've been having fun terrorizing your Mum in Law KP!

Scratching to earn an honest crust this morning. 30 mill in 2 hours ... not much to go at I'm afraid. Perhaps the credits will pick up later today.

Otherwise, still grinding the passenger missions, combat and faction missions. Pretty much all allied in the surrounding Bhotega system area now so the rewards grow ever greater. Nearly 3 billion credits in the banko and I'm getting curious about the Empire Cutter. Might just go over and grind the ranks. I've already reached the dizzy heights of Empire Serfdom so things can only get better ... as they say. Big grin

I'll be away for 5 days from Thursday visiting the family in Northern Ireland. Can't wait to see the three grandhooligans! Cuss

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

3 bill ? man that is getting there !

I find with the passenger missions they do not increase trade rank at a great rate which is what I am on atm.

Ireland is one of my favorite places....my mother's parents came from southern Ireland and I have a connection to the place which was evident when we visited years ago.

Have not played ED for a while but still check this forum.....being busy and have a bad bug atm....so just playing my banjo lol.

re the VR KP, I have the PS4 VR which does not work with the game but I am really keen to get one for the PC...have not decided which one yet so open to suggestions.

Have a fly fishing trip to the mountains late Nov so will come back to see the carrier thing appear......will be interesting at the least....do not expect to qualify anyway but it will change the game for some peeps I rekon.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Good morning, Commanders!
KP is in the chair!
So, tell me what the "carrier" thing is, you guys...not aware of that. [Can someone recommend to me a specific web address where Frontier is releasing the latest and greatest information on things like this?]

Okay, here comes the ignorant blonde again. About this "rank" thing. I have been active in the game but my rank is same as always...and there are certain ships, like the Cutter, that I am not allowed to purchase without some rise in rank....so that frosts me off. Can someone direct me to a website that clearly explains how to raise my rank so I am in the club that allows Cutter purchase?

I was going to ask about the engineering thing but maybe one question or two at a time is best.

Hope your skies are open and your interdictions are nil, because you guys are the best!

KP among the stars...

On Ireland: Never been, but a couple I know had a European tour set up, first stop Ireland, then London, Berlin, Paris, Rome, etc. They told the tour group to go on without them at the end of the Ireland segment! Just stayed in various parts of Ireland the whole 14 days...said, "Why go further?" They went back several times after that. That tells you how wonderful it must be to some of us Americans.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Engineers

Tod The Blaster, Fliss Farseer, Elvira Martuk and the Dweller will be your first engineer contacts. You need to accumulate the materials they require by surface mining and stuff you get from derelict ships at unidentified signal sources. It will tell you what is required on the site. Soontill Relics and Meta Alloys are the most expensive to get hold of and involve long journeys but it's the only way to get them. GO IN SOLO MODE ... there are griefers just waiting to pounce as you turn up at the engineer stations.

Rank is achieved by doing missions for whatever faction you choose. You need to ally yourself with whatever Superpower faction in order to get the ranking up missions.

It can be quite fast ... I got to Admiral in about 4 days in order to acquire the Corvette. Not that rank gets you any other special privileges.

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Out of the game for a bit, until (if) FDev fix the black screen crashing which has crept in over the last few days.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Yeah I've been getting the odd server drop too ... a bit annoying but endurable. Unless it gets too bad in which case I'll stamp my feet and chuck my dolly out of the pram. :p

BigVern

BigVern avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I'm not sure it's a server issue, more a graphics glitch. It was recoverable until a couple of days ago when I had to hard reboot the PC. Have posted re the problem on the official forum and to FD support, now off playing ETS2 while waiting to see if they sort it.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Okeydoke.

Forget the Cutter ... Bought a Mamba purely for combat and tooled it up to the max. No cargo bays but a better fuel scoop to up the range (It's a fighter after all and not meant for sightseeing around the black)

Oddly enough it can cope well with a lesser power plant which has the happy effect of increasing the jump range (slightly)

I'll engineer it up when I come back from Ireland next week, but as it is, it is still an excellent killing machine. 4A Beamer and 2 X Large Multi Cannons knock spots off anything. Big grin

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.