What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

hi Sinax....do you use the fixed weapons at all...would like to know how difficult they are before putting any on....have done only a little combat.

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 4 years ago.

nah i tried them once but they are super hard to aim, at least for me. although some seem to have a little bit of gimble action if you are pointing close enough to the target. No idea what ones do that, or maybe I just imagined it lol. Been ages since I last played.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

thanks for the response mate...all the best

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Merry Christmas to all Elite Dangerous players

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

you too, Happy Christmas all Xmas

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Wishing all my fellow Cmdr's a very happy New Year! Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Listen up, all your rascally Commanders!
Kiki Pitts wishes you a very Happy New Year! This year I will learn how to engineer my ships! And I will upgrade my standing so I can buy a Cutter!

We all need goals...

Safe Skies and Many Mini-Moon Pies!

Kiki Pitts

P.S. Arrived in Florida at our beach condo on Sunday two weeks ago, then one week later drove to Aiken, South Carolina, to be with the SO's parents for Christmas. Tomorrow, (2 weeks after we left snowy Wisconsin) we will leave SC and head back to Florida - an 8 hour drive. The the KP will finally set up her rig and be back in the ED Skies!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

I am so eager to start using all the advice you wonderful guys have given me over the last 3-4 weeks about mining on planet surfaces, and re-engineering KP VIII, the Platinum Python. Seriously, I have had withdrawals! LOL

See you soon in the slot, Guys!

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/elitedangerouscommunity/?ref=bookmarks

Ooh! I've been banned because I've set up in opposition to their page. It was full of snotty, snowflake stiffs anyway, some totally lacking a SOH. Wink

On a lighter note made 40 mill for 20 mins work in the Neto system LTD mining this am. Smile

Also joined a squadron 'Pixel Bandits Security Force' and making new friends. Bunged a new ally 12 boxes of Alex to enable them to buy a better ship. Is this the only way to transfer creds I wonder?

Currently PBSF are at war with another faction and I'm enjoying the fighting in the conflict zones.

I've set up the DBX with AX weapons AX cannons and seeker missiles. Last (and first) time I met a Thargon they sorted me out PDQ as I only had ordinary weapons which didn't even pluck a petal off the big flowery thingy. Seems 'normal' weapons don't have much effect (if any) on them at all. Anyone done any AX fighting?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

have not even seen a Thargoid yet but apparently the scouts are good for building up combat rank, so might have a go sometime..after I make some more money lol....the bigger ones are tough apparently so good luck.

not sure but I think that down to earth astronomy guy on youtube has a thargoid build

PS..all the best for the new year to everyone

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, hey look at this: https://store.steampowered.com/app/359320/Elite_Dangerous/?utm_source=croud_programmatic&utm_medium=display&utm_content=ed_edsteamsale_esrb_display_300x250_salenowon_en&utm_campaign=edsteamwintersale19

The whole suite for $11.99!! Check this out for me...so if I buy a couple of these accounts, can I "give them to someone" like one of my students as a gift and they can play the game like we all can? I would like to buy and hold a couple of these if they will work that way.
Have only until Jan 2nd so zip me a response right away, Guys!

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

What a sweet thought KP!

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous New Year with maximum profits, minimum rebuys and success in the conflict zones. Unlike my vision it will be 2020!

2019 was a bad year for me on a number of levels, loss of loved ones (My lovely Mum-in-Law) and bad news about friends, especially one Lt.Cmdr.RN who I have known since he was a lad, who is waging his own battle against the Big C. Things, as they say, can only get better!

Muck pies and dead spies or whatever KP says! Wink

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Whoo-hoo! 2 promotions in a day! Dangerous and Pioneer. Now the slog to the next level!

BTW Who's the Aviatrix in your profile pic KP? Doesn't look like Amelia Earhart and certainly isn't Amy Johnson.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

One of my heroes - Marvel Crosson - Died in a women's air derby competition in 1929 when chute failed to open over the desert in Arizona, I believe. She was first woman to hold a commercial pilot's license, and also set an altitude record (for men AND women) just a few months before her death.

She was a woman in a man's world, laughed at and belittled - just like a Kiki Pitts in ED!! lol

ANDDDDDD I am back! Finally set up 3 days ago and spent two days mad as hell because I could not get my controls to work like they were back North. I got a new mouse and keyboard and that really messed things up...but last night at midnight, I finally went out and mined about .7M of VO in Ross 376 A2! Yay!

Like I said, will spend next week piling up money core mining, then will get to raising rank to Imperial Cutter level and go to "re-engineering school" based on all you guys advice. Appreciate you.

Back in the saddle,

Safe Skies and Massive Moon Pies, Commanders, in the New Year!

Kiki Pitts

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

well whoa! It happened! It was no bluff....the bottom dropped out of the mineral market! I rarely pat myself on the back (hurts my shoulder and elbow!) but am I glad I grabbed all the VO, LTD, Grand and Alex I could in the last two weeks. LTDs at Clauss Mines were 952,000 last nite. Know where they are today? NOT THERE! They are not buying a single mineral at Clauss today. NOTHING. I stayed up until midnight last night blowing core asteroids until I dropped and am I glad.

I been at three bases today, including Rothman Vista and Rays Gate and the only thing worth anything is LTDs at about 500,000. Void Opals are at 55,000!! hahaha

So, as I told you guys I am now going to learn how to re-engineer and grow my rank...etc. Next goal? Imperial Cutter!

Safe skies and Moon pies, Commanders!

Mucho appreciation your guidance!

KP

P.S. I was able to get up to 2.7B before the bottom dropped out, so should hold me for a while. lol

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 3 years ago.

Welp, got my free account the other day and got elite in trading and about a billion in credits + ships. Looks like I made it just under the mining nerf! Its sorta weird that I was able to do that 2 days into a new account. I don't feel bad about taking advantage of this at all, I was painite mining way before it was this profitable, way before core mining was a thing. Just too bad I missed out on the largest part of it, oh well, still have a good wad of cash to get started with.

i took my type 9 out to see if i can do some trading. seemed like it was quite profitable. Nope. complete waste of time. The database is completely wrong about prices. As example gold is being listed as around 9k per ton and can be sold for about 50k per ton. Not even close, sell for everywhere i checked is 46k per ton, with max buy price being 47k per ton. not even worth undocking for. It appears that even with the 'nerf' painite is still the best thing to be doing.

Picture

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.