What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

man that really is a brute !
looks like a pretty good build mate !

weapons gimballed ?
are the torps better than missiles ?
how does the power flow mod work ?
jump range ?
is there much difference in heat control with the clean drive compared to dirty ?
do you get down to your bare hull often with more than one enemy ?

only answer if you have the time.....

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

All weapons gimballed
Torps don't seem to hit anything much. Think I'll swap them for some frag cannons
Haven't a clue how any of the mods work Baz. They just do!
23 LY Jump max unladen 20 laden. More than enough for me.
Not sure about clean/dirty drive tuning. Somebody more tech savvy can probably advise.
Never been down to bare bones since mods applied, I've had my shields down to one ring on the HUD but rarely need to use shield cell bank nowadays.

Obviously there are bigger and better armed ships out there just waiting to tear me a new rectum ... but so far, so good.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

yep I certainly am not combat orientated but I believe the torps are pretty slow...only thing I thought of was to maybe try the Reverberating Cascade Experimental Effect before you chuck them.....just to see if that helps, but as you say if they are not hitting much then fair enough....the small fast ships are prob outrunning them anyway.

I do have a seeker missile bank but have not used it yet.

Have you tried Plasmas' ?

You will get more speed out of the dirty drives...they are usually coupled with the drag mod.

But you seem to have all in hand anyway....good news about the shields, nice to know.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

AngelKiki Pitts is back!

Long story, and am tempted to color it up, but we commanders do not exaggerate right?? Hardy har, maties. Angel

Up to 1.5 billion....as I am hooked on core mining. It is like a meditation and a respite...I have found an area where I can pile up a bit of dough and also shoot a few high haz rez zone combats.

BUT, tell me how you juiced up your weapons, and can you get them at Ryan's Gate in Diaguandri? As I would like to do more serious combat.

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hey, Guys, here is something I want to do. I want to LIVE have someone join me in my co-pilot's seat and take them with me core mining...mostly to just see how this works, and have fun with it. And while I make money we can jabber about life, and whether the universe is open or closed, and why a wet towel is darker than a dry one, etc.

Any of you experienced with plopping a live person in your co-pilot seat for co-adventure?

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Only ever teamed up with my son in a wing. Never taken a live body as co-pilot.
Smashed through the 1 billion cr. barrier this morning.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Just an ob really. Since I started playing ED my load time for the game was a thumb-twiddling age, especially when it was loading the planetary and system bumf. Now, for some reason, it takes just a few seconds. I originally put it down to 'the capabilities of my graphics card' ... Duh?

Cityseries

Cityseries avatar
Level badge Rookiguey (4)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi guys glad to see a lot of improvements and ships since latest update. Im back into it after a whole year off. Currently engineering my FSD on 3 ships. ASP, Anaconda and Python. I'm really struggling with grade 5 upgrades though. Undecided. I Can't find any Datamined wake exceptions! Since an update last year famine systems can't filter on map anymore?? I'm on PS4 btw. So can't find any distribution centres where I believe you can get these from wake scans. Any ideas to help me? Thanks!

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Cityseries, glad you have decided to come back. You can use a Material Trader to exchange data you have to datamined wake exceptions or go to encoded emission USS sites, or sit outside a busy station and wake scan the ships leaving. If you do the latter it will give you the data for the first option. As for me , my alt account Cmdr has reached Colonia from Sag A and trying to build some rep in that area. He now has a Python to go with his Phantom, got interdicted by a Cmdr in Colonia and managed to escape twice. I suspect he then felt sorry for me and let me go lol

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Jake,
do you know if it was a pirate or a ganker at all, if a ganker then that is a disappointment for the guys that make the long trip there.

Has the place evolved into much population and stations to make it worth while staying there, had hoped to go there some day.

enough missions to keep you busy ? any Thargoids ?

meeting many players in open ?

Had thoughts it would be a good place for noobies or guys like me to first try open as against the ganking problem in the bubble.

Also unfortunately saw there was quite a bit of hacking the game so ships became indestructible ....sad state of affairs for peeps that want this great game to be played fairly.

Cityseries

Cityseries avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Jayvee, thanks mate! Found a hi-tec material trader nearby and and traded for Datamined. Brilliant! You learn something new everyday with Elite...I will have to tap into your knowledge if I ever come accross to Colonia mate. Dance Roguey supporter

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Bazr, only arrived in colonia yesterday bought and equipped, modestly a Python and did a few missions taking me back to Colonia. On the last mission , to Jaques I went from fleetcom group to open & was stupidly scanning the system when interdicted by human Cmdr, so I guess it's much like Jamesons. Anyway I got away and will try to access the engineers here to modify my ships.
Cityseries I am on PC atm, but if you need any help just ask and I will fire up the PS4.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Jake, I am sure you would know but I will just mention that if you have the blueprints saved then you can remotely use them, its a handy thing,saving you having to go back to the engineer, only thing is you cannot get the experimental effect, have to go back for that.

would like to know how you go in Colonia so some time later maybe give a report if you find time.

PS. what was the amount you got for trading in the exploration data ?

Shilden_72

Shilden_72 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

So far, I haven't done a lot on Elite, I had to create a business plan for my company to invest in this property in Larnaca after the usual work day, so I couldn't really enjoy anything that involved the computer Big grin

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Bazr, only 4 engineers in Colonia and you need to have unlocked an engineer for each of them in the bubble. I have unlocked only 1 of them and only to level 3 when I seem to need 3+ as the other requirement is being friendly with a specific faction. I am allied to that faction but not received an invitation. The blueprint I am carrying is for dirty drives. When I started DW2 I had 5 mil CR, on arrival at Colonia I had just under 1 Bil CR. Since arrival I have bought and A rated a Python and have just over 1 Bil CR. I have left that pilot in Colonia and using Jake at Davis Gateway so if we're on at same time can chat.
S_72 glad you now have time for pleasure, enjoy the game.

« 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »

You need to log-in to post here.