What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Then get the UBB code - most sites will show this. Copy 'n paste the code here and the image should display.- Roguey

sorry mate..I was thinking it was NOT the code that comes up when we click on our pic and goes in between the img] code and address for pic [img as this is not working....hope i make sense !

- Bazr

hi there, If I got this correctly you are trying to display an image but its not working with the img tags. Img tags will only work if the site allows you to display the image on other websites. Many sites often block images showing on other websites because of bandwidth (is called hotlink protection).

For example your Amazon picture will not display here, because Amazon have stopped it from showing. All you can do in that case is link to your image (click this link to see) - which isnt ideal, or use another site which does not block your image displaying on other sites.

Hopefully that is what you meant, sorry for not understanding better.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks Roguey.....according to me there are 3 of the pics stored on the shared page at Amazon..will not bother any more, do not have the time atm, we are heading off for a couple of weeks to play with my toys lol

Reached tycoon with trade ranking but looks like I hit the wall lol.....progression has really slowed...oh well..on with the grind !

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

this is the link that comes up when I click on the photo.

www.amazon.com.au/clouddrive/share/vlNfQkfv17yETI74Z30AoLHWfcdCaWauFuSyI8lw8OJtp:

and when I place it between the img brackets the picture icon appears.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

Well, here the idiot relates yet another newbie DUH! experience. Someone explain. So, I pick up 3 passengers (no more red lettered ones - learned that lesson!) as they are all going to same system, but to 3 different stations. Drop off the first two...get to the 3rd and am just docking when I get a message that "Mission failed!" No explanation. I did not take a break and delay delivery. Picked em up, stargated, went to one station after another in succession. So, how did I "fail"??? Did the customer die? lol ED does not tell you a thing.

#2 - Because I do not need the moola, I have chosen as my payment the largest Reputation - and do not transport anyone without at least a +++ rating. Is that the right thing to do to build up better customers...and points in my rep? So, far, I have only transported two +++++'s as that has been all that has been available to me in probably 20 transports so far.

#3 It is a bit dull but I have noticed I never go back to any previous systems yet. My plan is to find a good station in a system with some core mining possibilities and big payouts form minerals. Import my Python which does the mining, then transport until bored, mine until bored, transport untilllll well you get it.
The problem is that by the time I land, drop off customers, pick up a couple more, transport, pick up a couple more, transport...that I wind up far away from the Python and would have to deadhead back (trucker lingo for traveling with empty load - "He ain't heavy - he's my deadhead...brother") in several long jumps.

Ideas?

KP

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

you may have run out of time for that delivery KP maybe..usually best to just go to the one station I think...sometimes it tells you the reason in the message panel top left of screen.

Usually best to pick a base with a few organisations in the list and get allied with all of them by coming back often, this usually takes you to neighbouring systems which also help to get allied there as well...kinda working in a circle with the base at centre.

With the rep you do not always get the three plus as an option, just take the most, this does not take long to get allied then forget about it and start taking the materials option that does not include cargo space.

my two cents !

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

1) To show how uninformed Kiki Pitts is: What is an organization? (I mean in terms of the orange dashboard you read under the Starport Services.) And HOW does one get "Allied."*

2) So far the best systems I have spent time in but have gotten far away from because of what I described above is Diaguandri and Bhotega. They have core mining planets or systems very close and seem to be a "hub" to many systems. Unless someone suggests a different one?

3) So if I understand also, one should - when transporting - ALWAYS choose highest Rep but ignore Influence?

4) When transporting is Solo Play or (cannot remember the other exactly - I think it is) Open Play the best?

I really appreciate everyone's help

KP

*She really is a "dumb" blonde isn't she?

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

I mean the list on the left that gives the actual missions....above each one a horizontal line that shows your alligence level going up to allied....this increases with the number of missions and is made faster by taking mission rewards with more rep..after reaching allied there is no advantage by taking more rep...you cannot go any higher than allied......just work on each of those organisations to reach allied.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi KP, in any system there are up to 8 factions, these are the people that you see when you go onto the missions board. Missions that give you rep are to increase your reputation with that faction, as your reputation with any faction you will be offered greater financial rewards on missions so it,s best to work from 1 system and increase your rep with the factions base there. Don't worry about Influence this is just used in the "background game simulation". By the way some factions are player based as in Diaguandri where EXO is the main faction, in this system Brotherhood of the Dark Circle is also a player faction. Be aware that your actions in systems can have an effect on player groups. Not dumb this is a very big game.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Aw, thanks guys, you are the greatest! I finally made my way back to Bhotega. I had spent a lot of time in Diaguandri also. Which do you think is the best (cuz I am not sure what EXO is.

Also, is it best to transport in Solo or Open Play? Advantages vs Disadvantages?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

EXO is a human (player) faction so it's supported by a group of people like yourself, who are working to suport their faction in all the systems it is located in. As regards Open or Solo only difference between them is in Solo you won't meet any other human players, so no griefers etc. In open you may meet other players good or bad. So Solo is safe.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Sorry I should have said safer, nowhere is safe in ED.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi folks! Greetings from sunny Turkey!

Been here 3 weeks now and having ED withdrawal symptoms Alien Dance 2

Bit of bad news ... My mum in law died on Friday so the missus returned home Thurs evening on the only available seat out. I'm just waiting for the funeral date so I can book coming home. My missus says I'm better off out here for now. Probably the wisest course knowing my big gob and a complete inability not to say what I actually think.

As for my lovely Mum in Law, I wish her fair winds, a following sea and a safe anchorage. o|---)

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Sorry to hear your sad news mate, pass on my sympathy to your wife

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

Bit of bad news ... My mum in law died on Friday so the missus returned home Thurs evening on the only available seat out. I'm just waiting for the funeral date so I can book coming home.
- SKYDOG1

Very sorry to hear, my condolences.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks guys.

« 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 »

You need to log-in to post here.