What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

Eureka! Anarchy, 90LY away from Bhotega. PRISTINE 3 ringed planets. 1 alone has over 12 hotspots! Alex, Rhodplum, Platinum all hi grade junk. I nearly wet myself when the surface scanner showed the rings! To quote Arnie ... ''I'll be back'' Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hei45uvxjuowcjy/KikiPittsRig.jpg?dl=0

I finally got this pic completed, but not sure if it will show up. I just packed it up to take to Florida with me tomorrow.
Picture

Hey, I got a question. My one button that gave me a burst of power when mining just stopped working and after trying a new keyboard now a bunch of stuff is screwed up. I figured out most but these two. Help:
1) How to get a quick burst of power, what is that called. I tried "Throttle" etc. and nada.
2) What is the setting when approaching a base that cuts the power to ____% so you don't overshoot. Which one is that. I tried Slow down 75% and 25% and those about stop me dead in my tracks so I am missing something.

Thanks guys...

Happy Holidays!

Safe Skies and Many Mini-Moon Pies!

Kiki Pitts

I tried two ways up above to put in a pic.

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi KP.
for an instant increase in acceleration try the boost option

for approaching stations 75% SHOULD bring you to 07 seconds so you do not overshoot..although on occasions I have overshot so maybe 70 % ?

I assume you rechecked your speed settings in options ?

if you have enough slots there is the cruise control thingy

Have you tried Voice attack ?....would not be without it

the kids brought me a gaming chair ...awesome !

now I have to choose which VR to get.

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi KP, I don't know how you did it but your picture came out fine and I don't have your fine way with words but I hope you have a great time over christmas in the sun. When approaching a station I would pull back on my throttle, one of which you seem to have on the left hand side of your picture. As regards a quick burst of power are you talking about boost, it's the only thing I can think of that might fit the bill. Are you going to be online during the holiday period?

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Love the coffee cup mic stand KP! That's ingenuity! What's with the three keyboards? Looks like Rick Wakeman's organ setup!

Went mining over to the Pristine anarchy system today, no probs at all and plenty to find and made my highest ever mining credits! VOpals, Alex, Rhodplum, Platinum and that's just a few of the commodities I've found so far. No probs with pirates, the system seems deserted, though you always get someone wanting a peek in the hold when you first arrive at the rings but they soon clear off and that's the last you see of them. There's also a planet just a jump away, Hi Security, restock/repair and a market for the mined items at reasonable prices. If anyone wants the location I'll be glad to supply it.

I also found a Pristine surface planet system nearer to Bhotega for grinding engineering mats if anyone would like the location of it. KP?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

am still mining painite...but....found out.....had a drop out and if you have to restart game whilst parked next to an asteroid with a cargo half full...then on boot up the pirates reappear right on you bum and start firing...great....got away but learnt not to forget to log in next system in route.

Just a heads up.....most will know this anyway I guess......FD are giving out free credits each day you log on from 13th- 25th.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Yeah got my free creds! BZ FDev for once!

Now, down to business

This one's for KP to grab all her eng. mats in one place and anyone else who is into high value mats....

G 205-35

44 LY from Bhotega. 2 Jumps ... Wait for it... Anarchy AND Pristine! The Holy Grail!

If you are after eng.mats KP then this is the place for it! There are 2 planets (3A & 3B) with a large number of Geological activity sites and the great thing about these is that you don't have to go traipsing round to find them as they are all concentrated in one spot. Quite a number of spots too. First Use your surface scanner and they'll appear in the LH panel. And you can revisit these any number of times as they don't rely on chance to find them seeing as they tend not to wander around the planet. They will respawn the goodies after you've left. Always choose the Geo.site with the highest numbers after them and you can hop between two and keep restocking with eng. mats. Unless of course you fancy a wander around the planet and rely on chance to find mat.sites. There may be crash sites so always have some hold space spare for any goodies that are lying around crash sites/supply dumps if you find them.

After you land at one of the Geo features you'll find 3 types of 'growths' (They look like termite mounds) to gather mats from....

1. Piceous Cobbles, they have the basic elements that you need for recharging weapons etc. Don't disdain these lower value elements, they are indispensable so always try to have a full complement of these. You can check what mats. you need in the RH panel using the snowflake symbol.

2. Crystalline Fragments, Higher grade mats.

3. Needle Crystals ... High grade stuff!

And the piece de resistance for last..............

G 205-35 4

A ringed planet ... with the following hotspots

4 LTD hotspots!!!!!!!! Whoo-Hoo!

1 Vopals (rubbish rewards now Baz)

2 Grandidierite !!!!!!!

1 Alexandrite !!!!!!!

3 Bromelite if you like that sort of thing. It's probably the same stuff they put in our tea when I was a young Matelot in training. Wink

Go in open KP and you'll get far less bother with NPV interdictions and curious villains wondering what your cargo holds are filled with. Haven't seen another ship in the system. Yet. Wink

Nearest restock/repair/market is Rawn City Vertumnus 9.8 LY away or NLTT 46621 (HI sec. but Neutron Star)

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Checked it out Vertumnus is the place to offload the goodies.

Alex. 339,000
Benit. 310,000
Grand. 347,000
LTD. 840,000 !!!!!
Mona. 332,000
Musgr. 342,000
Rhod. 311,000
Serend. 321,000
VOpals. 326,000

LTD's it is then!

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

let us know how the ltd's go mate....I could use a change of scenery.

the miners tool is great ..........http://edtools.ddns.net/miner

re the mats there is also the following which are worth a visit....

manufactured....... Davs Hope

raw........ crashed Annie at Koli Discii (cargo racks)

encoded........ Jameson crash site

basically these are all well known but if not then a couple of tips....

all are done in the srv and just relog to respawn without going back to the ship...you don't even need a cargo rack unless you want to pick up the other stuff.

Davs... I land at the opposite end to the gateway and start on the left and do the loop clockwise picking up the stuff,make sure to scan the relay at the gateway each time to get data stuff, finish where you start then relog.

Koli discii....just shoot the cargo racks if you just want the raw stuff

Jameson.......trick here is to place srv in a spot that lines up the three red lights to scan without moving, then relog

adv discovery scanner will find these on planet first time there....where they are located just google names, plenty info on utube also

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I did fine with the LTD's Baz, though I don't turn my nose up at the lesser value stuff, all creds in the bank ... so I went and blew all the proceeds on a(nother) 'Conda which I have tanked, engineered up and armed to the teeth so that I don't have to do a disappearing act when the wolves arrive as I did with the Beluga when I was using it for mining. THEY run away from ME now Wink

Loads of slots left over for the mining gizmos too.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

yeh that is what I am using atm and am quite happy, do not have it armed as you do though, so it's brave Sir Robin stuff with me lol.

With the capacity it means a longer session for me, but I have 3 collector modules and the mining lasers strip the roids in seconds.

I use the overlapping Painite rings, so I would rather finish the session before logging out as the baddies turn up on reboot.

I use that Miners Tool for finding the best price and find it changes on a regular basis so it means sometimes a longer trek to sell, do not have a fuel scoop so I top up in a nearby system before beginning each time to make sure I can jump there without refueling.

Also I think this method is quicker than core mining....but I sucked with that anyway.

Glad to see you are Mr Moneybags now !

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Well I'm not brilliant at core mining either Baz. I just like blowing up large rocks. ;o)

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Well, Hello and Happy Holidays, Fella Commanders!
Yes, KP is back! Two day drive to Panama City Beach. 20 degrees when we left, 73 when we arrived! Oh yes, dear god, oh yes! Been unpacking (as we are here for 4 months) and Christmas shopping etc. so have not had time to get back into KP IX. Just before I packed the monster I used up all my limpets to do a bit of core mining and pick up 200M credits. Like I said, I am going to stockpile some cash before 1/15/2020...
BUT
I love you guys and all the info on re-engineering mats!* I will copy and file it because when I go after something it is full-steam ahead. I am like that...very annoying...all or nothing.

About the keyboards...I have my Dell laptop in my rig to visit inara and eddb etc sites..so it has its own keyboard built-in. The other two: I bought a gaming keyboard with lights so I can see what the hell I am looking at, and it will replace the other, but I cannot get it keyed right, for some reason.

Since the one button on my thruster (which is what gave me a juice boost when I needed it) went kaflooey, I have been trying to replace it with some other button that is convenient.Then forgot what function it was! So, it is a "Boost"** not a "Throttle" button? Where the hell is that under Options?

Then - it is like my brainpan when shallow - as I cannot re-configure my setting that did the following: At 7 seconds out from a station you are supposed to hit 75% keyed button, but I cannot seem to get that to work either, so am doing it manually, which involves overshooting often also. Before, I would hit my CTRL key on my keyboard, and it would throttle back to 75% (I think) and then you could just wait until the blue command came on to get out of warp drive...and BOOM!..you pop out at 8.5km from the station. Somehow my new keyboard is not "Clicking in" so I keep going back to the old keyboard to get by, thinking I will take time to re-configure everything.

Good to be back in my other station. I call this one "South Beach Base" (and the other "North River Base"). I have not set up my rig, and may not until after Christmas as we are running around like nuts, then have to drive to South Carolina (8 hours northeast of here) to see the in-laws for Christmas...the tree, gifts, holiday cheer thingie.

So, Merry Christmas, Commanders, and May you find many Mini-Moon Pies in your stocking instead of the coal this year! lol

SS&MMMP,

Kiki Pitts

Oh, and just in case you guys don't believe there is such a thing as Mini-Moon Pies, I bought two on the road and took a pic of 'em on my thigh in the car: Picture

*Mats? I had just bought a bath mat and a new front door mat for the sand, so it took the DB a minute to realize it was mat(erials)! duh. But I got it now. Thanks...probably the best Christmas present I will get - the Doc is stingy, although he lets me use his ED account! lol.

**So, what I mean by "Boost" is that when you are flying thru asteroids pinging away you do not want to go just full throttle as it takes forever to get to a new area, so I would hit the "Juice Button" and it would roar ahead at triple speed for a second or two to move you along faster.

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Sounds a bit complicated to me KP!

Does anyone else find that 'Pristine' reserves doesn't mean a damn thing?

Yesterday I trawled round a pristine pip and found 2 rocks with fissures.
Tonight I visited two pokey small hotspots on low reserve rings and hit the jackpot! Fissured rocks all over the place. What the hell gives?

LTD's have had their prices slashed too. So it's back to VOpals. Wink

Sinxar

Sinxar avatar
Level badge Cruguey (18)
Posted 4 years ago.

pristine only means there is supposedly a higher chance of rare minerals, for normal mining, like painite mining.

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.