What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

No 3lb rainbows unfortunately...this year we found only smaller brown, rainbow and the odd brook trout, took a while to work out what fly they wanted too, as far as I know we do not have the farmed stuff except to buy in the supermarket, up in the mountain lakes there is plenty of crays so the pink flesh is common here.

Had a great laugh (yeah right ) yesterday when I was crossing a small gutter...stepped in a hole that went up to my knee which was twisted when I fell...much pain..then to stop my face plant I put both hands out to land on the ground in front...which contained a wild bees nest lol...after that it took me about 10 minutes to get my foot out of the hole...happy days....the heavens were embarrassed with the curses I sent skyward.

Sorry to the boss for being offtopic....you may get to read it if you are quick lol.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

I want a Cutter, but do not know how to "to rank the Empire grades pdq" - so would LOVE to know what to do. I stuck around Diaguandri and Bhotega and donated credits and took transport mission until I maxed out my influence with people there. Not sure it did anything for my rank. . .Actually I know nothing about increasing rank...and don't you have to - in order to get the Cutter?

Thanks for the info coming from you, SD!

Safe Skies and Moon Pies, Commanders!

And Happy Holidays, too!

Kiki Pitts

Oh, yes...turkey report: Thanksgiving was quiet and calm and nice...because my SO and I stayed home with the dog (Coco the Wonder Dog) and we worked until noon, then made a pie and prepped for the big 5 o'clock feast we planned. I even got my workout in on Thanksgiving! (KP exercises 6 days a week, Commanders...gotta be in good health, ready for anything, when you are a Commander.) I know working out seems boring but I wish upon you to take care of yourselves. What makes it much easier, I confess, is to have TV/DVD player and watch your favorite movies or series while working out. My fav was Nikita as she not only is awesome - my role model! - but the thing was like 70+ episodes. Time just flies by and you actually look forward to working out!)

Never too late to start, my dear Commander friends...

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

KP..Reputation buildup is what you want for rank progression Smile

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Level badge Markoguey (10)
Posted 4 years ago.

I want a Cutter, but do not know how to "to rank the Empire grades pdq" - so would LOVE to know what to do.

- KikiPitts

Go to Ngalinn. Do courier missions (There's loads to the same stations both ways) between that system and Mainani only 3 Ly apart and the stations are in spitting distance from their star. Load up with 20 courier missions at a time (Max allowed) and you'll soon be ranking up. You'll know when you've got the next rank coming up as you'll get a mission from the Imperial Navy which will put you up to the next level. You can check your status in the RH panel at any time.

In the meantime, you can now address me as 'Duke Skydog1 of Bhotega' or if that's a bit of a mouthful then 'Your Captivating Magnificence' will suffice ... and consequently we'll be having a little more tugging of the forelock from you plebs of the lower orders.

Any rumblings of discontent from you serfs and villeins and you'll be seeing my Cutter ''The E-Razor'' in your rearview mirrors with my weapons warmed up and itching to deal a little rough justice to the peasants! Failing that I shall set the Pack Hounds (missiles) loose on you Wink

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

errr...you may address me as PRINCE ...pfft...duke ...hehe

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

errr...you may address me as PRINCE ...pfft...duke ...hehe
- Bazr

Certainly your highness. Shall we party like it Nineteen Ninety-nine? :p

There's an old saw that goes:''Once a king, always a king. Once a (k)night is enough'' Wink

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

always up for a party !!!

re my question about the fixed guns....am interested in how different they are compared to gimbals.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Gadzooks! I am amongst royalty! Here I am a lowly...what am I? Where do you see your rank? You are thinking, how long has KP been playing ED? [Answer: 1 year!]
And she does not know about rank? [Answer: Never paid attention to that...I am 'competent' or something like that...that I know. And SD told me to transport a lot in my Orca (Kiki Pitts VIII) and choose missions with a lot of reputation+++++ which I did. And to raise my rating with merchants wanting my services, so I did. That is ALL I know about ranking.]

My goals for 2020 is to be Queen Kiki Pitts in ranking. Have a Cutter. Learn how to be competent at re-engineering, therefore planet mining in that dune buggy. And build out the most gorgeous Cutter of all time. It is going to be the most gorgeous Cutter ever. Those are my 2020 goals.

So a big thanks for help in raising my ranking, Duker Sky!

My advice after one year. Be nice, help others, and slaughter pirates as painfully as possible.

I admit that I have grown in several ways.* With the help of many of the Commanders on Roguey and subreddit ED, I have become adept at core mining (A+), combat (B+) and transporting (B). My overall goal is to learn EVERYTHING about ED forward and backward. There is nothing like it. I could live in my Rift!

So, as 2019 comes to an end, you now know what is ahead for KP and I am already grateful ahead of time for your help.

We are, we merry ones, indeed a band of brothers (and sisters)!

Safe skies and Moon Pies, Commanders!

Kiki Pitts [jingle bells jingle bells, jingle all the way... hohoho Merry Christmas and/or Happy Holidays & Holy Days!]

*Not the waistline being one lol, which would be easy to do sitting here in the cockpit. (I have a rule against eating while at the computer unless it is lunch. As I can see unconsciously munching Scoop Fritos with jalapeno cheese dip all thru the universe and turning into a balloon! I also hate dirty keyboards...yetch! One of the geeks I have hired once in a while here in town is my anti-role model...I feel sorry for him, as I have seen him gain 50 pounds over the years on Cheetos, and his fingers are orange and his keys are greasy...but he is a freaking genius with computers, so I have handi-wipes when he comes over. Hahaha. STOP LAUGHING. It's true! But whenever I think, Oh, I'll bring some MandMs or some Christmas cookies and coffee down here while I zip around the universe, I just remember Mr. Cheeto. CURE INSTALLED!!!)

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Heading to the beach in 2 weeks from today! Kiki will be kicking it from our Condo by the Sea in Panama City Beach, Florida, until April. Wisconsin turns nightmarish with snow and more snow and then, guess? YES! More snow! So, I am going to look all windblown like this (not a good studio shot, but the seashore is much more fun! lol) the rest of the Winter! Yay. I had my rig down there last year but it was brand new...Oh and I forgot I was going to take a pic and upload my set up....will do that here next week.

Meanwhile, have a great weekend.

SK&MP, Commanders.
KP

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Enjoy KP!

In the meantime, some thing go just right ... and some things go completely belly up. Hit the wrong button approaching a planetary station tonight and crashed me Cutter. 39 mill rebuy. LMAO! Oh well, it's only virtual currency and I can get it wrong any number of times and still not be destitute. Wink

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

SD1..inara pg 4 (atm) of the gallery pics there are a couple of guardian plan layouts to give you an idea of pylon placement for reference.

wrong button ?? beer wine or scotch ? Smile

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Oh, no, crashed your new Cutter, SD! So sorry... I know you were so happy to get it. I would be devastated. Did you have it re-engineered? Do you lose all that when it crashed? I mean, is that covered by your insurance?

Wrong button? Which button did you hit, Dude? lol. Hope you remember to duct tape over that button in the future!

Safe Skies and Many, Mini-Moon Pies!!

Happy Holidays!

Kiki Pitts

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I hit Jump instead of Stop! No sweat, got enough for a 1000 rebuys! As Baz says, probably a surfeit of the Scottish stuff.

''The E-Razor'' (Cutter) is now engineered to the max after a visit to Elvira this morning. Need to go find something to kill. There are plenty of Anacondas out there so I shouldn't have to search too hard.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

bit quiet here atm so I will say something..."something"...now the forum has really slumped after that....it's not even funny !

However with the news that FD are gonna drop the payout from mining it appears that most folks are out there trying to get a few extra bucks in their accounts...especially if one desires a fleet carrier at some stage..although the price is not known for sure they will cost heaps.

I am not into core mining for some unknown reason so it is painite for me atm......tried the low temp diamonds which are a better price but did not seem to collect them as quickly as the painite so I am back on that....with the Annie full I get around 170-180 mill....best was 190 plus.

I am in solo but have hardly been inderdicted at all with my full load on the way back....maybe the npc's don't like painite ??

If they do catch me and kill me I will take this opportunity to wish all a great festive season and great 2020.

SKYDOG1

SKYDOG1 avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Finally getting the hang of mining! The Beluga is working fine in the mining/exploration role. Major reserves in the Bhotega system so I don't have to go far to find the goodies. VOpals appear to have been nerfed by FDev and the big bucks are now LTD's and Alexandrite which fetch about the same price at Savitskaya Ring.

I haven't loaded any weapons on the Beluga, just 2 abrasion blasters and seismic charge launcher as it can scarper PDQ if the wolves come looking for a free meal. Apart from that there's plenty of space for all the mining toys and I could even stick in a shield cell bank if I dumped the 6A Fuel ladle. 6C Bi-weave takes care of the shields and I haven't yet managed to knock them down when a rock detonates.

Other news this morning ... 4 Elite Condas V Monty Python = Rebuy time again. 'Weapons Fire Threat 4' moth attractant again. Will I never learn? Probably not.

I have noticed over the past few days that the big bucks Passenger missions usually turn up in the early afternoon. 20 mill+ not unusual ... but it's always the longer cruises to Feoktistov Dock and Dana Port (Aktzin and Moros) which take about 10 mins from star to station. Creeping up to Quad-billionaire status! Smile

On the other hand, should you fancy a 'little' excitement there's always the option of the mega station melee. You just turn up and scan it then the bad boys and girls turn up. BE CAREFUL near the ship though as they are a bit touchy about you firing weapons anywhere near them '400 Cr. Fine' for 'Reckless Discharge of Weapons' and a price on your napper if you hit the station, not to mention that the Fed Navy ships will all turn on you too! I've had to trudge to the IF to get my sins erased on (quite) a few occasions.

The rewards are higher for slotting any attackers than those found in normal events (Plenty of Anacondas about) and you gain cred with the controlling faction plus your Combat rating will increase exponentially too. 86% Master atm. Am I bad or what? Smile

Renamed all my Ships so don't panic if they hove into view

Passenger Beluga ''ISS Irena Sendler''
Python ''ISS Mordecai Anielewicz''
Krait Mk II ''ISS Nurse Edith Cavell''
Cutter ''ISS Violette Szabo GC''
Mining/Exploration Beluga ''ISS Odysseus''

You can google the names if you are incurably curious. Wink

« 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »

You need to log-in to post here.