What have you been up to in Elite?

Home Board Index » Elite Dangerous » What have you been up to in Elite?

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Level badge Trueguey (22)
Posted 4 years ago.

WOW..I will quietly just keep quiet then
- Bazr

Please dont, do we know a price of those carriers yet? I guess the purpose of those carriers are to act as a mobile base?

Ps. can I ask how you pasted the page ?
- Bazr

As in the picture? I pressed F10 or print-screen and uploaded the image to a site.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks Roguey.....is that like a hosting site or similar ?

I have not seen any reliable info on carrier price so far.....reckon they will be great to take all your ships with you at once.....and they have a great jump range as well.

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Thanks Roguey.....is that like a hosting site or similar ?
- Bazr

Well for me I can simply upload to my own site, so no need for a hosting site Smile

I have not seen any reliable info on carrier price so far.....reckon they will be great to take all your ships with you at once.....and they have a great jump range as well.
- Bazr

Interesting. I wasnt sure there was much infomation on them yet. I did wonder if a price might of been set by now, but doesnt seem so - any ideas on release date? (I havnt been keeping up on a Elite much recently). I guess these ships wont make money?

I do like the idea of having all your ships together, but I wonder how this will effect things. ie. exploring.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

500 jump with 2000 via neutron....now that is gonna change exploration !

However what is not clear is how often one can jump considering fuel has to be collected...purchased or mined apparently.

Assume you are right with regarding no income as such from them but you can allow mates to land on your pads so then there is the option of taking a few chosen ones (16 pads ) with you which opens many options..eg. they could help with the fuel collecting maybe.

It will be interesting to see how the gankers go in open as they will probably try to stuff the game up somehow....apparently the carriers are similar to stations in that they can not be destroyed only damaged...they have their own defence system also.

hope i got all of that right.....they come in the December update apparently.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Level badge Stickguey (8)
Posted 4 years ago.

I wanted to show you guys some pics of me and my new ship but how do I get a jpg into this reply box?

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Sitting in Savitskaya Ring in Bhotega...with both Python for mining and Orca for transporting...some core mining in nearby icy rings...made 13 million today. Still need to do some transporting tho.
Let me know how I can get a jpeg into the reply window someone...got some good pics I had to take with camera as the prnt screen just gives me a tiny little pic in the corner of the screen.

coloured textCommander Kiki Pittscoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured textcoloured text
Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

KP cannot help u with the pics as yet...if I get the time I will try to work it out.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

KP, have not worked out how to post to forum but nearly there..

as Roguey did, I did a printscreen of a pic within the game then opened paint (Win 10) and pasted the image, then saved to my desktop as a .png file...tried to paste in into a post on the forum but it did not work, was able to drag img into post window but it just filled the screen and so that is as far as I got, ...sorry, but it should not be too hard to work out, unless you have to upload to a hosting site maybe (duh) as Roguey did...or someone else hops in and helps. Smile

Roguey

Roguey avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

500 jump with 2000 via neutron....now that is gonna change exploration !

However what is not clear is how often one can jump considering fuel has to be collected...purchased or mined apparently.
- Bazr

Totally agree, 500ly sounds good but depends on how quickly the jumpdrive takes to be refuelled and/or the cooldown is. Im thinking FD will do something to make it poor. Thanks for the information - December eh? geez thats long time away atm. I guess many people are keen on the new carriers?

It will be interesting to see how the gankers go in open as they will probably try to stuff the game up somehow....apparently the carriers are similar to stations in that they can not be destroyed only damaged...they have their own defence system also.
- Bazr

I wonder how much gankers can abuse carriers... say could they park them infront of stations - to block the entrance? Unfortunately things like that happen in the past.

I did a printscreen of a pic within the game then opened paint (Win 10) and pasted the image, then saved to my desktop as a .png file...tried to paste in into a post on the forum but it did not work, was able to drag img into post window but it just filled the screen and so that is as far as I got, ...sorry, but it should not be too hard to work out, unless you have to upload to a hosting site maybe (duh) as Roguey did...or someone else hops in and helps.
- Bazr

for the image to be displayed you need to upload the file to a image hosting site. Once you done that you will need to copy 'n paste some UBB code here. After-which the image should display here. I dont publicly host images here due to the size, bandwidth and policing of images. If you are having problems, contact me. Hopefully you can get it sorted soon, as I like seeing peoples pictures!

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

fleet carriers addit.......to answer my own question re ganking....well apparently that cannot happen, there is only one carrier per instance...so no player carrier battles either.
It remains to be seen if they can block landings, dunno how close they could get without docking clearance ( I am a good guy so I have never tried Smile )....or maybe a heap of them can attack all at once.

Also, not real sure...they jump on the Thursday thing ....meaning when the Aegis jumps and the server is down for a bit.

Re the posting of pics, I have done a search for a hosting site and there are plenty of free ones around to set up an account with.

Bazr

Bazr avatar
Level badge Proguey (12)
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

not quite there yet lol

do you guys get a pic when you click the icon ?

JayVee

JayVee avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Hi Bazr, I clicked on your icon and got a link to google, logged on and got error code 404 (the requested URL was not found on this server).

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Well boys, I finally did it...have transported about 6 or so Orca loads. Not a lot of moola but it allows me to see some very interesting worlds.* *Like Difu which has a planet Jontyworld that looks like Earth. Now can you land on these planets even tho they don't have a base or colony?

They also have several planets with icy rings and they are paying high for LTD, Void Opals, Alex and Grand. Have no idea how far I have wandered from Bhotega but quite a ways.

Only one interdiction so far...no problem avoiding with Kiki Pitts VIII - the Orca.

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

I guess you have to click on it to see the Kiki! I will post a pic of my new Orca Kiki Pitts VII in next reply box. Picture

KikiPitts

KikiPitts avatar
Posted 4 years ago.

Picture

« 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »

You need to log-in to post here.